Blockbuster July 4th sale: Half off used games (super YMMV....possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverletthem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So, I was returning movies today, and read on the quick drop box that Blockbuster will be having a Half off used game/movies sale between July 3-7th. Don't know if this is YMMV, or if it is with all the stores. Gonna head up there on the 3rd, see what I can find. Since most used games there are $10, some $5 games that are somewhat decent would be nice.

Yep, already mentioned in the BBV thread. But I suppose this is good since most people don't read all 5x pages :)

It's $14.99 and under

[quote name='Masterkyo']Cool. Mass Effect will be $10 right?[/quote]

Knowing BB, they will bump some game prices up to exclude the deal....

was this a franchised store? and i assume its different than the b1g1 so weird how there would be both things going on during the same time unless its one or the other

Hopefully i can find some good PS3 games for half off on the 3rd. How much normally are used PS3 games at BB? I havent been to BB in a while.

so this is on games 14.99 or less? If so, the selection sucks at my Blockbuster on those games.

[quote name='joshnorm']Well this explains some of the BBV price jumps that were happening (Spiderman: FoF)[/quote]

Considering I bought 4 of Spiderman FoF today from 3 different locations and they were all still $12.99, I dont think there was any jump from corporate on that title.

This is NOT a nationwide promo. There is a B1G1 sale on games 14.99 and less starting 7/8, however, there is no nationwide 50% sale for the 4th of July. Each store was given the ability to make their own sales as they see fit for the 4th of July weekend, and apparently the OP's store chose to do this. You probably won't be seeing this at any other stores (unless your store chooses to come up with this promotion on their own as well).

Yeah, this particular sale (50% off all used games) smells very franchisey to me (or like Warner says something just a local store is doing). The OP needs to post the location of this store or this really doesn't belong in the Deals section. And even then, it should probably go to the Regional section.

sucks i just picked up 4 games over the weekend

traded in 3 games for 48 bucks credit picked up

killzone psp 9.99
2 copies of bowling PSP 6.99 each (dumped them to gamefly for 12 each)
V. Tennis 3 Psp 6.99 dumped it on goozex for 400 pts

total 31.... if buy 1 get 1 free was going on i could of walked away with 17 : (

Yeah, like I stated, this is YMMV. If no one else can post that their store is doing this, I will close the topic and make a post in my states regional section.

[quote name='neverletthem']Yeah, like I stated, this is YMMV. If no one else can post that their store is doing this, I will close the topic and make a post in my states regional section.[/quote]
wha state you in?

Bummer about the whole ymmv thing...went to my BBV today and they didn't know what I was referring to (said they may have a promotion for the holidays come this weekend though). Could've scored Dead Rising for $12.50, PGR4 for $10, and Smackdown Vs. Raw 07 for $5...

this must be a regional thing my district is doing a sale after july 4th to kick off the new period, b1 g1 on 14.99 or less and 3 for 20 for dvds. last b1 g1 i got four games for 360 for like 20 bucks

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']If it sounds to good to be true....[/quote]

...and it is, only store partaking is the op's

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back