blockbuster online $14.95/month worth it?

greyzieoriental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
has anyone here or does anyone here suscribe to blockbuster online? if so, how is the service? do the dvds come in the mail box or straight to your door, and does it come from the usps mailman or some other guy? also do the disc come in good condition?

the deal now is 14.95 per month with 3 rentals out at a time including new releases shipping takes supposedly 1-3 days and comes with mail envelope and postage to send it back for free. sounds like a good deal especially since the movie pass at B&M is 14.95$ for 1st month and 24.95$ afterwards.

if anyone can tell me about this service, thanks in advance

I'm doing a free trial of it right now. The movies are delivered by the mailman, and mine get left inbetween the screen door and wooden door since they do not fit through the mail slot. All the discs I have received have been in good condition and have had no problems playing.

The turn around time for me has been quick, but I live only 25 miles from a distribution center. When I drop a movie in the mail it will register as received the next day and a new movie will ship out. It has taken 1 or 2 days for a movie to arrive after it ships out. I did have a disc get lost in the mail and I reported it as having never arrived after 5 days. There was no problem with reporting it and another copy was quickly sent out.

Also, with the service you receive 2 coupons for free instore rentals each month which can be used on movies or games.

If you're interested, I would recommend that you try the free trial to see how the service works for you. If you use the promotion code COOPER you can extend the trial from 2 weeks to 4. This has been my first eperience with an online rental service, and overall I have been mostly satisfied. Hope some of this helps.

Ive been doing it for about 4 months and i like it a lot. I usually get the dvds in 2 days, sometimes 3.
No complaints. It was actually 20$ when i started, and its dropped in price since thenn.

I think service really depends on where you live in comparison to distribution center. I live 15 miles from the closest one, and stuff came pretty quick.

Yep, it's GREAT...plus with the 2 free rentals, it pays for itself when I use them for games. Quick turnaround (I'm relatively close to a distribution center) and CHEAP. Also, it's only $10 for the first month now.

10 for the first month? Wow.
I'm halfway through my free trial, so far it's pretty good.
One neat thing, somehow the PO notifies them when the PO has rec'd a disk, and BB sends you a new one. So right now I have 4 disks instead of 3 in my 'Shipped To You.' One i/t back to them, one at home, 2 i/t to me. Add in 2 in-store rentals [games are 6.xx each], and the fact that I'm paying the same at BBO as I was at Netflix for only 2 out, and I may be cancelling Netflix.
The one bad thing is, more of my stuff on BBO's queue is in a Wait status. Granted, they're not mainstream stuff, and the queue is smaller, but that's not a good sign.
The disks come in a paper envelope in with your regular mail, and you convert that envelope into the return envelope [postage paid].

i got to keep returning the DVDS to the post office i did this week. Ususally i drop the ones off in the mail box closes to my house, but this week i dropped them across town in another box. They ususally ship my next DVD on weds (since i always return on mondays) but this week they shipped my DVDS out on Tuesday.

I live in indiana they ship from mich.

It takes around 2 days for the DVDS to get from me to them and
around 3 days from them to get from there to me.

AND If you got a video store that takes other store coupons PRINT The free coupon out alot and take those coupons to those stores. (I just found another 2 stores that takes the coupons wooo)

I just joined on DEC 28 (with the free month offer) and never had a single problem with the 6 disc i got. (getting King authur and the villige this weekend and hopefully dodgeball wlll make it by saturday)

so as long as im able to put the movies in Monday and get new ones by Saturday I think its really worth the cash since i would be spending 5-7.50 if i went up and rented these. I might have a problem this and next month though as NO Mail JAN 17 and NO mail i think FEB 21. But after those dates the mail runs every day till end of MAY.

Also in closing I think if you sign up now you keep that 14.95 price to at least Jan 2006 (they wont jack up that rate if you lock in now) THough there will be some bad movies weeks (Like the next 3 after those 3

CATWOMAN
THe forgotten
and cant think of the 3rd in my line up

Love to see them drop it to 12.95 or 9.95 but i doubt that will ever happen so 14.95 is a great price if you can get the movies in 2 days each.. way

ALSO Where does it say 10 for the first month .. it keeps showing up at 14.99 (the 10 bucks might just be for new members coming into the plans )

[quote name='greyzieoriental']thanxs for the news i'ma start my free trial today

rick where do u enter the promotional code?[/quote]

When you get to the first screen on the signup where you enter your information, there should be a line to enter a promotional code. I've seen on fatwallet though that some people have had to clear their cookies before they can get it to show up. If you look at this post on fatwallet, there is a lot of talk about the 4 week codes

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=422871

they sent the DVD's pretty quickly. 2 days turnaround after they confirmed everything. The only problem I have is that I dropped my DVD's at the post office monday and have yet to see an updated que. Which isn't BBVO's fault at all. The postal workers here are sketchy though. :cry:

Cool. I did get the 4-week free trial, didn't get the 10/first month. No biggie.
Liza: That's kinda weird. I dropped a title in the mail Monday, the USPS checked it in and BBO sent me out a new title Tuesday [or they claimed to.] Then they received the title today.
It could be that they USPS around you is still feeling the effects of the holiday season.

Question: How do y'all's queues look? I have 11 titles in my queue, and 5 of them are in 'wait' status. None of those 11 are in 'wait' status over at Netflix. In fact, out of 152 titles at Netflix, everything is in "Available Now". I hope BBO has the inventory to satisfy their demand.

yes its worth it. WELL worth it.

when u sign up you automatically get 2 free rentals for instore blockbuster either MOVIES OR GAMES. (thats 7-10bucks free)

then keep getting 2 free instore rentals every month afterwards.

this alone makes blockbusters online rental service simply the BEST.

when i was in their beta phase i think they had around 20 distrubution centers and i think now they have 30. means u get your movies faster then before and it will onlyget better.

how do u find out if there is a distribution center in the area or close by?

i live in las vegas and since someone says there's one in cali it should take 2 days, mines said shipped on 1/12 estimated arrival 1/15.

and when i signed up there was no place for me to put the promotional code which sucks but since everyone says its a good service i guess its ok i didnt get the 2 weeks xtra, i hope i'm able to get at least 15 movies a month, since the place i rent from is $1 a day, i decided how stupid i was for paying the dollar a day for how many movies i rent for my gf to watch a month.

i looked at hollywood videos MVP pass and compared it to blockbusters movie pass

hollywood was 14.99/month and new releases turn to MVP in 3-6 weeks after release

blockbusters movie pass 25$/month for 2 movies out at one

and does hollywood video take those blockbuster e coupons? they have a better game selection

to me is has not been a good experience, i signed up wednesday 5, movies shiiped the 6, were supposed to arrive monday the 10, got one, the other two arrived today thursday 13, it took two weeks for two movies to arrive.
i live in wisconsin and they shipped from minneapolis. will send this back if it takes another week to get movies i will cancel.

what happens if you get to the next 3 movies but one if in wait, do they skipped and send the next one or i have to wait :?:

PD. do you get movies on saturday too?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']how do u find out if there is a distribution center in the area or close by?

i live in las vegas and since someone says there's one in cali it should take 2 days, mines said shipped on 1/12 estimated arrival 1/15.

and when i signed up there was no place for me to put the promotional code which sucks but since everyone says its a good service i guess its ok i didnt get the 2 weeks xtra, i hope i'm able to get at least 15 movies a month, since the place i rent from is $1 a day, i decided how stupid i was for paying the dollar a day for how many movies i rent for my gf to watch a month.

i looked at hollywood videos MVP pass and compared it to blockbusters movie pass

hollywood was 14.99/month and new releases turn to MVP in 3-6 weeks after release

blockbusters movie pass 25$/month for 2 movies out at one

and does hollywood video take those blockbuster e coupons? they have a better game selection[/quote]

might want to check that Hollywood video game since they dropped it to 9.99 here (from 14.99) but its longer to move to mvp (we got movies that came out in NOV still not MVP)

Want to know something kind of stupid.

THe movies ship from another place that they get returned to,,

I picked up the VILIAGE and KING A. and they shipped tuesday and im thinking as the return address says MICH that i should have them be weds. No movies weds. No movies thurs. ANd even no movies today. SO i look at an old wraper i have

REUTRN ADDRESS IS IN MICHIGAN
SHIPPING ADDRESS IS IN TEXAS

thats right the movies ship from Texas but get return to michigan Figure that out?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

im about 99% sure that i will now cancell at the end of my free month. tomorrow will be 4 days and still no movies

I'm so tempted to switch over to Blockbuster because it cheaper than netflix. The only thing stopping me is the comments about their slow shipments. Netflix for me is pretty quick. I send the movie monday and get the new ones on wednesday. Other than slidecage, any other BB online subscripers have good arrive dates? At least as good as what I'm getting for Netflix.

link

if you sign up with the link it will direct u to a list of offers and one of them is blockbuster online for 9.99 a month.
Its 3 movies at a time, plus you get 2 free instore rental coupons

yes it is a refrence link, but its cheaper and a betetr deal, and also you can help me out :)

link

[quote name='winterice']I'm so tempted to switch over to Blockbuster because it cheaper than netflix. The only thing stopping me is the comments about their slow shipments. Netflix for me is pretty quick. I send the movie monday and get the new ones on wednesday. Other than slidecage, any other BB online subscripers have good arrive dates? At least as good as what I'm getting for Netflix.[/quote]

My shipping times have also been fairly quick; generally send in movies on monday, receive next movies by wednesday or thursday. However, I'm only about 20 miles from a distribution center.

my movies shipped 1/12 and i received it on the 1/15. the movies were shipped from TX and return address in to Colorado.

i live in las vegas and someone said there is a distribution center in cali, maybe it will change locations after my free trial is over?

three days isnt bad, i should be able to get 3 movies a week and 2 in store rentals so i'm gonna stay with the program. the disc that came in the mail were in great condition only little scratches that every disc gets, nothing deep.

pretty good service i'm glad i signed up but hopefully the shipping will get faster

this kinda looks like a good deal. 15 bucks a month sounds decent + 2 in store rentals. Do they have a good selection of movies ? My local blockbuster has a crappy selection of movies.

The selection of movies is pretty good. Maybe not as many as the obscure movies, but they have almost everything I looked up. GREAT deal...I love the service.

Plus, with game rentals at $7 now (locally at least), I use my two free in-store for that....thus, it's $14 saved there.....

bread's done
Back