Blockbuster Online + Rewards = Awesome

gigantor1313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Right now, you can buy a rewards Membership for $5 instead of $10. It last a whole year and you get a free rental right away and a free rental each month. Also, with every 5 rentals per months, you can rent a new movie or game. I bring this up b/c if you rent from Blockbuster online, you can trade you movies in store and they count towards your rental status.

wait so is the rewards membership 5 dollar deal for all stores nation wide? Im a regular member (just free membership to rent out movies) and Im assuming this is for their instore program?

yeah this is a great deal...i use this at 3 different blockbusters whatever is convenient at the time, they just scan your rewards card instead of your regular membership card.
(also if you rent 2 non new release dvd's from mon to weds you get
one those for free also)

great program

[quote name='ironj01']yeah this is a great deal...i use this at 3 different blockbusters whatever is convenient at the time, they just scan your rewards card instead of your regular membership card.
(also if you rent 2 non new release dvd's from mon to weds you get
one those for free also)

great program[/QUOTE]

so its buy 1 get 1

so if i bring in 3 movies i can get 6 non new release movies

I am a little slow today. Help me understand the benefit of using this in addition to the online membership.

TIA

PEACE

I worked at Blockbuster this summer and last, so let me see if I can shed some light.

When you sign up for the Blockbuster Online Total Access plan, you can take the mailers that are sent to you to your local Blockbuster, instead of sending them back via mail, and you can exchange your mailer for another movie in store. The rentals you get from the store are still subject to due dates and late fees. **NOTE: You must have a membership at the Blockbuster store in addition to your online subscription membership and your store must participate in the program. I'd imagine all corporate stores participate and most franchise stores will, too.

Now I'll explain the Rewards program. When you sign up for it, your account is upgraded to a "Rewards" account, which will last for a year (can be renewed for $5.99 each subsequent year), and you'll receive various benefits.

Basically: 1. Mon-Wed, R1G1 free (kinda)
2. R5 in a month and get your 6th rental free
3. Free in-store coupon good toward a non-New Release

Detailed: 1.) With Rewards, Mon-Wed you can come in and rent one movie and you'll get another 5 day rental for free. I worked at a franchise store, and the free one included 5 day new-releases. I'm not sure if this is true at all Blockbusters.
2.) Also, for every 5 you pay for within a month, you get your 6th one for free. The free rental is attached to your account and will be offered to you to use the next time you come in. The free rental will take off the highest cost item. (Ex: If you rented Casablanca and NCAA Football 2008 and you use your free rental, you'll only pay for Casablanca.) You can only earn 2 free rentals per month with this method.
3.) You'll also receive an in-store coupon that'll print out after you complete a transaction which is good for the rest of that month toward a non-New Release. The definition of "non-NR" varies. Last summer when I worked, the coupon only applied to movies not on the New Release wall. This summer, however, the policy had changed, and the coupon applied to all 5 day movie rentals, including those on the NR wall, so it'd be wise to ask at your store first. ***When you sign up, the packet you receive already contains one of these coupons.***

I do recommend the Rewards program. My store is selling it at the cost of a New Release rental ($4.40 here) this summer, and even if you only use it a few times throughout the year, it pretty much pays for itself (especially if you use it Mon-Wed).

With all that said, the only benefits you will really receive if you have BB Online and the Rewards program is the free monthly coupon. Since you are not paying for the movies you get at the store, just exchanging, these transactions do not go toward your R5 get 6th free. And you can't bring in a mailer on Monday and get two movies for free, either. You actually would have to pay for something.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion on what the plans are and the benefits you can reap from them.

Rewards prices vary by location. Our store had 4.95 rewards for a while and they just got bumped back up to 9.95 rewards. Some stores get cheap renewals and others don't. Most stores are probably $9.95 with some variance for stores that are considered to have competition that get some extra deals.

[quote name='shadowboxer524']
With all that said, the only benefits you will really receive if you have BB Online and the Rewards program is the free monthly coupon. Since you are not paying for the movies you get at the store, just exchanging, these transactions do not go toward your R5 get 6th free. And you can't bring in a mailer on Monday and get two movies for free, either. You actually would have to pay for something.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion on what the plans are and the benefits you can reap from them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this indeed clears everything up. I guess it is worth it if you can use the free rental coupon on a video game, and you really want to rent a video game instead of a movie. My BB stores dont have much selection for games to rent, not that i am really playing games anymore.

It would have been awesome if the rent1 get1 would stack with the BBonline rental dvds that you bring in and exchange. I guess that is what people were getting excited over, but that isnt the case

[quote name='dracula']
It would have been awesome if the rent1 get1 would stack with the BBonline rental dvds that you bring in and exchange. I guess that is what people were getting excited over, but that isnt the case[/QUOTE]

I think the part to get excited over is that (according to the OP), every rental you get from returning your mailers in-store (which is a free rental in itself), you get credit towards your One free movie/game rental per 5 rentals. That means that every time you turn in 5 mailers and rent 5 movies free with those mailers, you get an automatic free rental that you can use towards games or movies.

I am particularly excited about that.

[quote name='chair_home']I think the part to get excited over is that (according to the OP), every rental you get from returning your mailers in-store (which is a free rental in itself), you get credit towards your One free movie/game rental per 5 rentals. That means that every time you turn in 5 mailers and rent 5 movies free with those mailers, you get an automatic free rental that you can use towards games or movies.

I am particularly excited about that.[/quote]

It doesn't work that way. You actually have to pay for 5 rentals to get the 6th for free. The system treats the mailers as coupons, and they are therefore not applied toward the rent 5 get 6th free. The only Rewards benefit you'll receive by using only the mailers to rent movies is the monthly coupon that prints out at checkout, which is good toward a free non-New Release movie (in some cases, such as the store I worked at, the coupon applies to any 5-day rental).

I work at Blockbuster and as was stated earlier, you cannot use the online exchanges towards earning free rentals with the rewards program. The R5G1 free as well as the R1G1 (Mon-Wed), all require that you pay for the rentals to get the free one.

Also, I'm not too sure where people are getting their pricing, but out here in CA, the price for membership (doesn't matter whether it is a new rewards or a renewal) is $9.95. This price is going to be the same at all non-franchise Blockbuster's with the exception of a couple of test markets (there's a test market in Nevada that is letting rewards members pay $1 less for all paid rentals as an additional benefit of the card).

seems like blockbuster just fucked us all... they raised the prices on their plans by a whole 7 dollars... i was paying 17.99 for three out at a time and unlimited exchanges in store. Now they want 24.99 for that plan... Or you can pay 17.99 still for the hella nerfed 3 at a time and 5 exchanges instore per month... weak if u ask me. Blockbuster lost my service/just received an angry email (realize it wont mean anything to them, but maybe others will send as well)

^^ Aww, that's bullcrap! They're going to lose a lot more service to Netflix. I'm not taking some $25 deal when you can rent three movies in the store for half a month for almost $10. :p

Can someone clarify this?

Its true, but from what I read, Blockbuster lost so many people after that was announced that they instantly changed their minds and announced that they would lower their price from $24.99 to $15.99-$16.99. Website is still showing the $24.99. I'm not sure when the lower price goes into effect.

It also only effects the newer members. I got grandfathered in with my unlimited 4 out at a time plan for $23.99.

I don't really see this as new news then, if the OP's statement are incorrect. The Blockbuster.com mailer bit of info was what was the news, not the Blockbuster Rewards aspect that has been in existence for years.

[quote name='Bezerker']Its true, but from what I read, Blockbuster lost so many people after that was announced that they instantly changed their minds and announced that they would lower their price from $24.99 to $15.99-$16.99. Website is still showing the $24.99. I'm not sure when the lower price goes into effect.

It also only effects the newer members. I got grandfathered in with my unlimited 4 out at a time plan for $23.99.[/QUOTE]

Do you have proof / Are you sure about this? I've been a member since 2004 and I just got an email last night from Blockbuster saying they are taking away my 2 free videogame rentals a month and putting a limit on my instore exchanges. I am really pissed.

Well, thats what the last news i saw said. I just checked my email and it looks like i got downgraded.

I guess its back to the instore movie pass. For BBO, if you use the code "friends" you get a free month of 3 out at a time with the 5 total access rentals. If you use a paypal virtual debit, or a prepaid card with not enough $ on it, they dont cancel the account until 2 and a half months after you start. Meaning as long as you keep generating #s or buying more prepaid cards (theyre $25 for a $25 card after $5 rebate at Walgreens) you basically get BBO for free as long as you want.

[quote name='Legolas813']Do you have proof / Are you sure about this? I've been a member since 2004 and I just got an email last night from Blockbuster saying they are taking away my 2 free videogame rentals a month and putting a limit on my instore exchanges. I am really pissed.[/QUOTE]

I got this email last night too. I had the $9.99 plan for one movie at a time plus unlimited in-store returns and a free e-coupon a month. Now they are bringing me down to 2 in-store returns a month and no e-coupon. Looks like it's time to switch to NetFlix.

[quote name='Bezerker']Its true, but from what I read, Blockbuster lost so many people after that was announced that they instantly changed their minds and announced that they would lower their price from $24.99 to $15.99-$16.99. Website is still showing the $24.99. I'm not sure when the lower price goes into effect.

It also only effects the newer members. I got grandfathered in with my unlimited 4 out at a time plan for $23.99.[/QUOTE]

THis really sucks for the newer memebers, i have been doing this program for a while now

$17.99 / month (plus taxes)
3 at-a-time, unlimited mailings
unlimited in-store free movie/discounted game exchanges
+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month

It is very worthwhile for me, i watch loads of dvds, according to the "my account" page i have rented 327 dvds over the past 3 years, and that doesnt include the instore echanges.

The program has changed twice for me: once it went from $14.99 to $17.99 per month, that was about 2(?) years ago.

I havent got any emails about the program changing, or about increase in prices or fewer instore exchanges. If this is for new members, that really sucks for them. If they go to $25 for 3 dvds out at a time i will probably just quit.

edit OH and i havent got any email about limiting the instore exchanges. If i was blockbuster and wanted to limit the instore exchanges by simply slowing down the turnaround time, right now it takes them 2 to 3 days to get the next dvd after i bring in the dvd BBO dvd for and instore exchange. if they slowed that down to 3-4 days that would limit the instore exchanges. Of course, sometimes i have to wonder how BB is making any money at all on this, especially considering how much the newer releases can cost, like the deadwood or sopranos or other HBO dvds. i swear they must be losing money hand over fist

For those of you who have received the email, are you getting it around the time that your month is about to renew? I'm on the 1 out at a time, unlimited in store exchanges with 1 coupon for a free game/movie per month. I haven't received any email about changes to my account yet.

my subscription ends next week, if i get some notice of a change to $24.99 then i am quitting. I havent received any email notice tho.

Only certain subscriptions are being changed. The bigger ones like 3 and 4 at a time that cause the B/M stores to bleed money.

Blockbusters money problems all stem from one fact, they got rid of late fees. No lates fees in themselves mean lost revenue. But the bigger problem is that no one returns anything without the late fees. No product on shelves = unhappy customers and lost revenue. On top of making deciding on how much rental product to buy sheer guess work. You stock one game of Twilight Princess which would be a big renter if people returned it. However, only one person rents it a month. That should be a revenue maker but instead it takes 6 months to make any money on every copy you get.

Bringing back late fees would tick people off I am sure. But drop rental prices at the same time and I think you would have a situation where would lose customers, but still make more money by having product on the shelves and renting a higher volume of movies.

If you had lates + original blockbuster total access to compete with Netflix I am sure BBV would be in a much better situation.

Instead they try and make their money through candy sales?!?

/rant off

well the newer video games actually have to hae a credit card and ou get late fees and after 7 days after due date you get charged i have more to say but too lazy to type boo urns

yea lets all give blockbuster the big fuck you, and a thanks for making my decision easy to swith to netflix easy email.

[quote name='Sulik2']Only certain subscriptions are being changed. The bigger ones like 3 and 4 at a time that cause the B/M stores to bleed money.[/quote]

yes exactly. I am getting roughly 4 dvds per week in the mail, i turn those into BB brick and mortar for another 4 dvds, i am paying under $1 per rental. I know of a few mom and pop rental stores that do 99 cents per night, but their selection sucks and they never have the newer releases. the point is that they cant possibly be making any money off of me. If they raised it to $19.99 for 3 out at a time, then i would still probably stay. $24.99 would probably make me quit.

Blockbusters money problems all stem from one fact, they got rid of late fees. No lates fees in themselves mean lost revenue. But the bigger problem is that no one returns anything without the late fees. No product on shelves = unhappy customers and lost revenue.

the solution (for me anyways) is simple. Just make all movies 2 day rentals. After 10 days they should charge the customer the purchase price of a rental-now they do that after 30 days, and you can still bring the dvds back for a $2 restock fee(they refund the purchase price they charged you).

On top of making deciding on how much rental product to buy sheer guess work. You stock one game of Twilight Princess which would be a big renter if people returned it. However, only one person rents it a month. That should be a revenue maker but instead it takes 6 months to make any money on every copy you get.

yes i dont understand why they even bother renting games at all. I know they used to have a game pass, where someone could rent 2 or 3(?) at a time. If someone with the game pass just checks out all the of new releases, then BB must be losing loads of $$$

Bringing back late fees would tick people off I am sure. But drop rental prices at the same time and I think you would have a situation where would lose customers, but still make more money by having product on the shelves and renting a higher volume of movies.

Knowing blockbuster, they will come up with an even worse idea instead of what they have now, and they will be even worse off.

If you had lates + original blockbuster total access to compete with Netflix I am sure BBV would be in a much better situation.

Instead they try and make their money through candy sales?!?

/rant off

Heh yeah i never understood why someone would pay $1 for a popcorn or whatever they charge for candy and ice cream. sheesh are there really that many people too lazy to walk the extra blocks to the grocery store?

That is a good rant, like i said i am convinced that BB will implement and even worse idea than they have now. I remember when they first started the "end of late fees" they had a huge problem of people not returning anything, they really should have phrased that better, or like you said, just drop the idea all together.

[quote name='dracula']Heh yeah i never understood why someone would pay $1 for a popcorn or whatever they charge for candy and ice cream. sheesh are there really that many people too lazy to walk the extra blocks to the grocery store?[/QUOTE]

It's actually around $2-3 for snacks, which is ridiculous. The only good deal they had was this summer where you could get a snack card for $5.99 and get a free snack every single day for 30 days with each Blockbuster Online transaction. I did this deal for two months and got candy nearly every other day for two months for $12.

But yeah, about the lazy thing, people buy overpriced gum and magazines at the grocery checkout counter, so I guess there is a market for this stuff. It's convenience mostly (and nagging kids).

I was drawn into this thread because it was so misleading (I work at a blockbuster B&M), but it got cleared up early on. I did want to say that I just wrote a huge rant about the price change at my blog. I put the link in my sig if anyone wants to read the whole thing. Jist of it is that TA is still slightly better than NF with $1 more getting 5 more rentals in-store. I know for this forum, the loss of the coupon is pretty big (what with the free games it brought), but overall, for a dvd rental service, I don't see it as the worst service ever, just worse than it was. My 2 cents.

Oh and the snacks thing is ridiculous. I have told people to buy at the store next door, but convenience gets the best of them. :p

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I was drawn into this thread because it was so misleading (I work at a blockbuster B&M), but it got cleared up early on. I did want to say that I just wrote a huge rant about the price change at my blog. I put the link in my sig if anyone wants to read the whole thing. Jist of it is that TA is still slightly better than NF with $1 more getting 5 more rentals in-store. I know for this forum, the loss of the coupon is pretty big (what with the free games it brought), but overall, for a dvd rental service, I don't see it as the worst service ever, just worse than it was. My 2 cents.

Oh and the snacks thing is ridiculous. I have told people to buy at the store next door, but convenience gets the best of them. :p[/QUOTE]

im quitting at the end of the month. its cheaper to buy the hollywood video 12 free rental sheets off ebay and use those at local stores then pay 19 bucks to blockbuster

Last 7 movies i didnt even watch. Just rented them and returned them

SHADOW PUPPETS GREAT SHOW WATCH IT

Locally here if you want a new release movie you have to be in store

TUESDAY

80 copies of new movie blockbuster gets (manager told me this )

Movie is rented on tuesday

around 4 to 6 copies returned weds
Around 10 to 15 returned thursday
around 10 to 15 returned friday

rest are returned Saturday or sunday

most people pick them up tuesday and just keep them till sunday for the weekend

[quote name='slidecage']im quitting at the end of the month. its cheaper to buy the hollywood video 12 free rental sheets off ebay and use those at local stores then pay 19 bucks to blockbuster

Last 7 movies i didnt even watch. Just rented them and returned them

SHADOW PUPPETS GREAT SHOW WATCH IT

Locally here if you want a new release movie you have to be in store

TUESDAY

80 copies of new movie blockbuster gets (manager told me this )

Movie is rented on tuesday

around 4 to 6 copies returned weds
Around 10 to 15 returned thursday
around 10 to 15 returned friday

rest are returned Saturday or sunday

most people pick them up tuesday and just keep them till sunday for the weekend[/quote]I didn't even know about that hollywood video thing; that's crazy. If I had to pay for in-store rentals I would probably do that. I don't usually care about new release stuff though, it's the smaller and older stuff that I want, and that's why online works better for me.

As far as renting patterns, yep, what you were told is about right. We get, on average, 100 copies of a large title, and we're a small town. Everything goes out Tuesday now with TA mailers. It's become so you can't get a new release for the first week or two. The rental business is all out of whack now. It's become very unpredictable. No late fees makes it harder as well. Where before someone might keep a rental out a few days past the due date, they now keep them out a week.

It was mentioned in another topic that some stores were trying out a credit-back system with rentals returned early. I hope they work something like this out for all the stores, but it's tough when online mailers get you free rentals anyway; that's like giving away money.

Not sure why New Release titles are so important anyway. I do get them early, but I hardly ever watch anything new anyway.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']

It was mentioned in another topic that some stores were trying out a credit-back system with rentals returned early. I hope they work something like this out for all the stores, but it's tough when online mailers get you free rentals anyway; that's like giving away money.[/quote]

yes that makes the most sense imo. I try to get the movies back pretty quick but i live about 2 blocks away so that is easy for me.

Not sure why New Release titles are so important anyway. I do get them early, but I hardly ever watch anything new anyway.

pretty easy really: new releases retail for $20 or so, people consider it a steal when they are $15 on sale. I dont understand this, it is sort of like how so many people pay $49.99 for a new video game, or i guess it is $59.99 for a new generation new videogame. No one understands taht if you wait a couple of months then the prices drop drastically. It has always been that way.

On topic:

i suspect this price change is regional, it still says on the "my account" page

Your current plan...BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium $17.99 / month (plus taxes)
+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month Next Billing Date: August 24,2007

SO i am guessing the price change is regional. I watch a lot of movies, and the program is a great value. I would think that a $2 increase from $17.99 to $19.99 per month would not be enough of an increase to make many people quit. But going from $18 to $25 in one jump is a pretty big increase imo. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='dracula']pretty easy really: new releases retail for $20 or so, people consider it a steal when they are $15 on sale. I dont understand this, it is sort of like how so many people pay $49.99 for a new video game, or i guess it is $59.99 for a new generation new videogame. No one understands taht if you wait a couple of months then the prices drop drastically. It has always been that way.[/quote]
Well, if we're talking buying then yeah, for some reason people think $15 is a good price (I've even had people tell me the $21.99 that Blockbuster has movies priced at is good... maybe they bought VHS back when it was like $80 on release week).
But for rentals, the price is always the same, and with a mailer it's free, so to me I wouldn't mind waiting the 3 weeks or so to where most movies are readily available. But I seem to have a different taste in movies since I see maybe 1 movie a month I thought was worth even watching. There's only a handful of good movies released in a year but people clammor over stuff like Premonition and Wild Hogs.

i suspect this price change is regional, it still says on the "my account" page

Your current plan...BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium $17.99 / month (plus taxes)
+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month Next Billing Date: August 24,2007

SO i am guessing the price change is regional. I watch a lot of movies, and the program is a great value. I would think that a $2 increase from $17.99 to $19.99 per month would not be enough of an increase to make many people quit. But going from $18 to $25 in one jump is a pretty big increase imo. Just my 2 cents.
The price increase isn't regional. I've had a lot of people call or come into the store saying they received the price increase email, and it seems to be JUST before their billing date. My billing date is the 23rd, and I haven't received anything, so I'm guessing I'll get my email tomorrow. Yours may come the next day (unless you get Grandfathered in).

If I get a price change I'm just going to go to $10/month 1 at a time. I can't afford 3 at a time (in fact, my last two months were at 50% off so it was really good). Not sure if the extra dollar is worth the two extra rentals in store... I guess they'd be nice in a pinch or something.

They aren't changing your price, they are changing what you get for that same price (i.e. taking away your free videogame rentals and/or putting a limit on in-store exchanges). If you want to change price plans you have the option to. Also, it seems they are doing this to all members over a period of a few months. If you haven't gotten the email yet, I'm sure you will eventually.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions'] My billing date is the 23rd, and I haven't received anything, so I'm guessing I'll get my email tomorrow. Yours may come the next day (unless you get Grandfathered in).[/QUOTE]

i will defintiely keep an eye out for that email, that would be awesome if i have been grandfathered in, i have been in the program for a few years now so that may be the case- at least i hope it is

They aren't changing your price, they are changing what you get for that same price (i.e. taking away your free videogame rentals and/or putting a limit on in-store exchanges).

I dont think so, they havent changed anything(yet) and my billing cycle is in 2 days. they will liklely just try to raise me to $25/month. right now it still says,

"Your current plan...BLOCKBUSTER Total Access Premium $17.99 / month (plus taxes)
+1 FREE bonus Movie or Game Rental E-Coupon / Month Next Billing Date: August 24,2007"

[quote name='dracula']i will defintiely keep an eye out for that email, that would be awesome if i have been grandfathered in, i have been in the program for a few years now so that may be the case- at least i hope it is[/QUOTE]

I have been a member since 2004 and have been getting 2 free videogame rentals a month as well as unlimited mailings and in-store exchanges, yet I got the email saying they are changing my plan (I will still pay the same price, just lose my 2 free game rentals a month and limit in-store exchanges to 5 per month). I don't think grandfathering in means anything to Blockbuster since obviously they have no problem screwing their loyal members.

Here is the response I got from BBO:

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We have recently updated our plan to further provide you highest level of service. This changes would work for your advantage. [how do they figure that?] We will update you as quickly as possible for the new offers. Like all retail businesses, we must periodically review our products and services structure. In introducing a wider range of subscription plans, we considered a number of factors related to online memberships including in-store activity on a given account. We’re giving our most frequent renters like yourself the option of either continuing with limited in-store exchanges at a the same price point or moving to a new plan if you'd like to continue your unlimited exchanges and agree to a higher price point. Unfortunately, eCoupons are no longer available. [the lack of free videogame rentals anymore is what pisses me off the most]

We feel we are still delivering a great consumer value and encourage you continue with the new terms or consider one of the new plans we offer. You can find the details of other plans that are available via "My Account" in the "Subscription Plan" area. If you make no changes online or we don't hear from you, please remember that the changes mentioned will take effect on your regular monthly billing date following August 30th, 2007. Thank you very much for your inquiry.

My online plan is 3 at a time, $17.99. They have not changed the terms or the price. I asked my local blockbuster about it, and he said they are changing some customers, but not all of them. It depends on rental habits and length of your contract.

Matthew

Well, I recently dropped my 3 at a time to 1 at a time. I currently have 1 at a time for $4.99 for 2 months. I will use that, and after it I may just switch. Blockbuster.com has HORRIBLE HD/BD selection, they are all on wait for me.

I may just switch to Netflix when my $5 plan is done.

alright, I posted a while ago tipping people off of the price change... and now when I check my account 2 weeks later after I never contacted them to change my account they just charge me 17.99 for the 3 out unlimited as if nothing happened.

IMO it was a marketing ploy to see if they would trick people into thinking they HAVE to change plans, and if they did good, if not they just keep you on the same plan. Take that as a grain of salt, since im not sure if that is the actual logic... just what worked out for me.

Needless to say I have season 10 of sp season 10 sitting next to me, and a copy I just bought from target yesterday and I am slightly bitter at the timing.

^^^^

ditto i was charged $17.99 and 3 out at a time, have unlimited exchanges in store and 1 rental coupon to print out per month that is good on dvds or games.

I always knew it was just a matter of time until BB raised thier online rates, but i figure they will raise them to $19.99 for the 3 at a time, unlimited exchanges, then a year later raise it to $22.99 per moth or $24.99/month.

I mean sheesh they have to make money somewhere. At this point i am paying approx 75 to 90 cents per rental. Sometimes less depending on their turnaround time. And they have excellent selection online. So i will probably stick with the program unless the rates go up astronomically.

edit, it sucks to hear that they are indeed raising their rates for new members, but i am still pleasantly surprised I was not hit with the $$$ increase. At least i havent been hit yet. its just a matter of time.

bread's done
Back