Blockbuster Open House Starts TODAY 11/18 (3/$20 5/$30 PV, 3/$25 5/$40 New)

vanton619

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Blockbuster is starting their "Open House" promotion TODAY 11/18 and it runs through 11/20. The deals are:

Previewed DVDs, BDs, and games $14.99 and less:
3 for $19.99
5 for $29.99

NEW DVDs & BDs $12.99 and less:
3 for $24.99
5 for $39.99

Just picked up:
Dead Space 2 (Xbox 360) - $14.99
Beauty and the Beast BD - $12.99
Training Day BD - $12.99
Man on Fire BD - $9.99
Despicable Me BD - $9.99

All for $27.27 with tax

*Also, for those interested, they had very recent releases previously viewed on BD for $9.99 (not part of the deal though) including Green Lantern, Harry Potter and the Deathy Hollows Pt 2, and Crazy Stupid Love. The guy there said the HP discs haven't even been rented.

Yeah I scored big time on some used tv stuff.

For a little over $30 I nabbed some serious HBO goodness on dvd.
All three seasons of Deadwood
John Adams
Band of Brothers

So, the bundled TV seasons that are marked 14.99 are on sale, 3 for $20? If so, I am in like flint for Deadwood and Rome.

Got in on some used TV stuff. They had lots of greats. They had all 6 seasons of Lost, 4 seasons of tudors, all seasons of weeds, sex and the city, sopranos, deadwood, family guy, hung, flight of the concords s1 and s2, mad men, and lots of others I cant remember.

I bought:
In Treatment: season 1 (9 discs)
Fringe Season 1
Fringe Season 2
Bored to Death Season 1
John Adams

All for $30+tax.

I bought lots of games too.

The newish release used blu-rays that I saw for $9.99 were Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, Crazy Stupid Love, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (yes part 2), and a couple others I cant remember. Some store employees told me they were a part of the $5 for 30 and others said they weren't. I think it's ymmv on if the BBV employee wants to ring up those newish release $9.99 used blu-rays as 5 for $30.

[quote name='avwjase']So, the bundled TV seasons that are marked 14.99 are on sale, 3 for $20? If so, I am in like flint for Deadwood and Rome.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 3 for $20 and 5 for $30.

I picked up these 'new' movies:
*Wolfman (BLU)
*Pineapple Express (BLU)
*Inglorious Bastards (DVD; gift)
*The Blind Side (BLU)
*Public Enemies (BLU)

[quote name='vanton619']

*Also, for those interested, they had very recent releases previously viewed on BD for $9.99 (not part of the deal though) including Green Lantern, Harry Potter and the Deathy Hollows Pt 2, and Crazy Stupid Love. The guy there said the HP discs haven't even been rented.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed Deathly Hallows Pt 2 as part of this deal. The manager was ringing me up and offered it to me. I mentioned that I had just assumed that it wouldn't be included in the deal, and he said there's no indication in the deal that it would be excluded. It was a previously viewed movie, and under the 14.99 price tag, so he said it qualified. I would have gotten Green Lantern, too, but the only copy they had had a hand written cover.

Pretty good score this morning.

5 New dvd's for $40

Star Trek 3 Disc Edition on Blu
Shrek The Final Chapter Blu/DVD Combo pack
Shark Week 20th Anniversary Collection 4 dvd set
Iron Man Armored Adventures Season 1

5 TV on DVD Sets for $30

The Tudors Season 1 through 3
30 Rock Season 3
Bored to Death Season 1

[quote name='vanton619']Blockbuster is starting their "Open House" promotion TODAY 11/18 and it runs through 11/20. The deals are:

Previewed DVDs, BDs, and games $14.99 and less:
3 for $19.99
5 for $29.99

*Also, for those interested, they had very recent releases previously viewed on BD for $9.99 (not part of the deal though) including Green Lantern, Harry Potter and the Deathy Hollows Pt 2, and Crazy Stupid Love. The guy there said the HP discs haven't even been rented.[/QUOTE]

this is probably a really stupid question, but is the 5 for $20 still up? I had a few other movies that were 9.99 that i wanted to get, but never had the time to.

[quote name='Smart Aleck']this is probably a really stupid question, but is the 5 for $20 still up? I had a few other movies that were 9.99 that i wanted to get, but never had the time to.[/QUOTE]

It's not currently. All the signs have been replaced with the open house deals. It may be back after the open house promotion this weekend.

the tv shows were marked with signage saying they were excluded at my local store. Nothing of real interest to me though and I hate that they are in those crappy dvd cases.

Picked up 3 used Blus for $20:

Inglourious Basterds
Kick-Ass
Patton

I also noticed new BDs for low prices:
Inception - $8
Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 - $12 each

The Other Guys
Horrible Bosses
Hot Tub Time Machine
Total = $19.99 All Blu-Ray

The store clerk said they're going to be lowering prices even more this Friday so decided to wait and see what else drops.. OP any idea on what else will be lowering?

couldn't understand why they had Duke Nukem for $39.99 used hahaha They had the Balls of Steel Edition on Amazon the other day for $17.99

bread's done
Back