Blockbuster pass (games/movies)now $14.99 in stores

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Blockbuster now has their monthly pass price dropped to $14.99 for all in store video games, blu-rays, and dvds. 1 out at a time. First month is only $7.50. This deal is for the store you get the pass from only. I'm back in for now. As discussed in Hawaiiboy's bbv thread, games now rent at $1.99 per night for ¨hot titles” and $.99 for all others.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hawaiiboy']1 OUT $4.99
2 OUT $9.99
3 OUT $14.99
now this on only good on kids/family catalog or library titles. no new releases. you can also rent any kids/family game with this pass.[/QUOTE]

These are still available? I was told yesterday that the Kid's Pass program ended on Sep. 1st, and could only get the new Pass now.

These are still available? I was told yesterday that the Kid's Pass program ended on Sep. 1st, and could only get the new Pass now.

yes they are still available but you must attach a debit/credit card to the pass since games are now included.

they may have lied to you because there is an incentive for us to sell the combo pass. each combo pass sold nets that employee $2.50 with possibly another $2.50 if we hit certain revenue numbers. where a kids pass nets an employee nothing.

[quote name='CaoPi']Do they have dead island yet?[/QUOTE]

My Blockbuster got their new releases in today (Reading, PA), however only 1 copy of each for both 360 and PS3. Also they were put in with the library of games, not the new releases section so I almost missed it.

I'm really digging this. Drive home from school and exchange the game. And my BBV has a decent selection of games. I wanted to see if they had Resistance 3 today but they didn't but it's cool. I'll eventually play it.

Blockbuster only got 3 copies of Dead Island. Boggles my mind since they were hyping it up a lot at my loval BBV. By the time my wife got there at 10:30, not a copy left. Have to go back later on and pick something up with my pass now. I really hope they get more than one copy of Gears.

Also I asked them about the blockbuster pass, you CAN ONLY USE IT AT THE STORE you got the pass from! With that policy it pretty much kills your chance of going to other stores for new releases

Man, who knew blOckbuster would turn around and be a better place then it would before lol with Dish Network buying them they have had great sales and I heard Starz is going on their streaming service the guy told me. I never thought I'd go to blOckbuster again

[quote name='CaoPi']Also I asked them about the blockbuster pass, you CAN ONLY USE IT AT THE STORE you got the pass from! With that policy it pretty much kills your chance of going to other stores for new releases[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should have been known from the start of this thread honestly. I know when I had my gamepass before this, you couldn't go to other stores.

I just called my local blockbuster and he said I will get either 1 game or movie exchange as many times I want a month and one online for $15.... Is this right?

I just called my local blockbuster and he said I will get either 1 game or movie exchange as many times I want a month and one online for $15.... Is this right?

it's actually half price right now so its $7.50 and if you decide to keep it after the first month the regular price is $14.99.

I got it, my local blockbuster is a mile away but it's selection on movies and games is really good. I picked up Space Marine and laughed at my brother because I got it before him ( he uses gamefly and if you know gamefly he had to scrub his Que clean and pray that it was shipped to him for a new game or not expect to get it for weeks ). And since BB ones come with the Instruction booklet i was able to use the Elite Pass so i could play it online. The also had multipule copies of Reistance, deus ex etc, all of dead island was checked out thou.

[quote name='Pickelarm']I got it, my local blockbuster is a mile away but it's selection on movies and games is really good. I picked up Space Marine and laughed at my brother because I got it before him ( he uses gamefly and if you know gamefly he had to scrub his Que clean and pray that it was shipped to him for a new game or not expect to get it for weeks ). And since BB ones come with the Instruction booklet i was able to use the Elite Pass so i could play it online. The also had multipule copies of Reistance, deus ex etc, all of dead island was checked out thou.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I'm finding this 14.99 a month deal to be really really good. Just rented Space Marine myself like you did and I noticed you mentioned the Elite Pass, lo and behold the copy I rented has it but im not sure if its even worth using it.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']it's actually half price right now so its $7.50 and if you decide to keep it after the first month the regular price is $14.99.[/QUOTE]

So it does come with the mail as well for only that much?

Sorry to bump but is the half price deal still good? All the signage is gone that I saw during r3 release. I was waiting for gears 3 to start my pass

I was just on the site, as soon as i went to it they offered me a month for free and 2 games out for 14.99 a month after tht...good deal if u ask me.

The in store pass is great, especially for the first month and even at the $15 price point. The varying factors are location and game selection. Blockbuster as a whole makes questionable decisions in determining the quantity of games to order. Still, this is basically the equivalent of GameFly except it is cheaper, less convenient, and you don't have turn around times.

The Blockbuster online deal makes no sense- You have to wait 5 or 6 months for a new release game to become available.

bread's done
Back