Blockbuster Total Access Adds Video Games

freezedried74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Taken from SD.

Starting December 19, 2006, Blockbuster Total Access (online) will start giving customers 1 free video game rental each month.

1. Members will be able to exchange online movies for titles at their local bb store for no charge beginning Nov 2nd. (online mailer/movie will work like a coupon).
2. Members will also receive 1 in store coupon every month for a free movie OR video game (even during free month).

Really now? Finally, a reason to go to Blockbuster. Thanks for the heads up OP.

More Wii games, here I come.

Damn...I thought that meant that the Total Access system would work with games. This doesn't really have anything to do with Total Access. BB used to give two coupons a month good for movies/games before they changed to movies only.

[quote name='Damian']Damn...I thought that meant that the Total Access system would work with games. This doesn't really have anything to do with Total Access. BB used to give two coupons a month good for movies/games before they changed to movies only.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this means that us old grandfathered-in members will have our game rentals dropped from two per month. I still get two in-store rentals per month that are good on games.

Awesome. I've been out of town, so I've had three movies that I haven't even watched yet sitting in my house for the past month and a half.

[quote name='Damian']Damn...I thought that meant that the Total Access system would work with games. This doesn't really have anything to do with Total Access. BB used to give two coupons a month good for movies/games before they changed to movies only.[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying that the online movie rentals can now be exchanged for in-store games now.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I think he's saying that the online movie rentals can now be exchanged for in-store games now.[/QUOTE]no you only get 1 coupon a month for a free game rental, the movies can only be exchanged for another movie

[quote name='Beer Monkey']I wonder if this means that us old grandfathered-in members will have our game rentals dropped from two per month. I still get two in-store rentals per month that are good on games.[/quote]

If they drop it from two, I will quit. That is really the only reason I'm keeping it because I just don't get that many movies.

I must admit that this addition is a tempting one, but I'm going to try to resist and stick with netflix. I'd rather support them. However, I will use it as ammunition and send a comment to them that they ought to keep up with the jonses and add video games to the library.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I think he's saying that the online movie rentals can now be exchanged for in-store games now.[/QUOTE]
That's what the title led me to believe, but the text seems clear that it's just the one coupon a month being added.

[quote name='Beer Monkey']I wonder if this means that us old grandfathered-in members will have our game rentals dropped from two per month. I still get two in-store rentals per month that are good on games.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember when I re-signed up for Blockbuster to take advantage of the Total Access program, they said something about customers who got in before the switch were able to keep their two movie OR game coupons. For those who aren't already on, Total Access got me to join. I rent what I want online, and my girlfriend picks up what she wants in store. But the addition of this monthly game coupon sweetens the deal for me.

[quote name='crunchewy']I must admit that this addition is a tempting one, but I'm going to try to resist and stick with netflix. I'd rather support them. However, I will use it as ammunition and send a comment to them that they ought to keep up with the jonses and add video games to the library.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they can. I think Blockbuster is going to absolutely bury Netflix with Total Access. What does Netflix do better, and how much better? I don't want BB to be the only major online DVD rental shop, because the competition keeps everyone in check but I also don't think Netflix can stand up to what are basically Microsoftian tactics.

If that meant you could return a movie for a game, awesome, but yeah, I'm still riding on my two free movie or game rental coupons a month.

Damn, this is great news... if only the game selection at my blockbuster didnt suck ass... oh well, Im milkin the total access by getting an average of 26 movies/month (some are tv shows)

I started with Netflix and was happy with them until they started throttling me. So I switched to Blockbuster over a year ago. They have never throttled me and have always sent me new releases on Monday or Tuesday. I really wanted to support Netflix over Blockbuster, but their service is vastly inferior to Blockbuster.

I just resigned with Blockbuster because of total access. Since I can get a movie immediately instead of waiting for the mail turnaround I was also able to knock it down to one movie out at a time costing me only $10 a month instead of $18 and I get about as many movies as the $17 method. It meant I could watch a sent movie, return it instore for another, watch it the next day and the following day my new movie would arrive. It also meant I would be able to pick up new releases at the store instead of waiting for them to become available online.

This game coupon just sweetens the deal for me.

[quote name='freezedried74']Taken from SD.

Starting December 19, 2006, Blockbuster Total Access (online) will start giving customers 1 free video game rental each month.

1. Members will be able to exchange online movies for titles at their local bb store for no charge beginning Nov 2nd. (online mailer/movie will work like a coupon).
2. Members will also receive 1 in store coupon every month for a free movie OR video game (even during free month).[/QUOTE]

okay so now im lost

ARe we getting another coupon per month or is the 1 coupon per month wording just changing to include games.

i would say its not that big of a deal since they had games before. How the post sounded is they were going to be adding games ONLINE.

nothing new here just old stuff .

if your blockbuster accepts other store coupons pick up sheets of hollywood video coupons dirt cheap on ebay (got mine for 6 per sheet)

Pick yourself up 4 sheets (24 bucks) that would give you a game per week
52 game rents for 24 bucks that is nuts

ALSO you knew this was coming cause everything you complain that the movies are not shipping fast enough they give you a coupon that says GOOD TOWARDS A MOVIE OR GAME. I just used 4 coupons today they gave me as extras

[quote name='jaso']I seem to remember when I re-signed up for Blockbuster to take advantage of the Total Access program, they said something about customers who got in before the switch were able to keep their two movie OR game coupons. For those who aren't already on, Total Access got me to join. I rent what I want online, and my girlfriend picks up what she wants in store. But the addition of this monthly game coupon sweetens the deal for me.[/quote]

From the Total Access FAQ: http://www.blockbuster.com/totalaccess#9

Q. I signed up on the service at a time when you offered both game AND movie E-coupons. Will I still receive E-Coupons for free in-store game rentals?
A. Yes, you will still receive your 2 monthly in-store E-coupons, good for either movies or games. Also, now with BLOCKBUSTER Total Access™ you also can get free in-store movie rentals whenever you want, simply by bringing any online DVD sealed inside a return mailer into your local, participating BLOCKBUSTER store and exchanging it for a new movie. The bottom line: you're getting more, free, in-store movie rentals, at no extra charge and you still have your two free in-store game coupons, too.

[quote name='encendido5']If they drop it from two, I will quit. That is really the only reason I'm keeping it because I just don't get that many movies.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I've still got the old 2-coupon movie/game setup. Now if they _add_ another one, then I'd be interested...

I still get 2 game coupons e-mailed to me but it that's because I'm grandfathered in. New sign ups weren't getting the video game coupons, until i guess they get one now.

So I still am not understanding if this is just for those that were "grandfathered in" (which I am not one of them) that will get the game rental? Or is everyone in Total Access getting it?

Well I guess it is good for me who didn't get in when I could get 2 free game rentals, now that free monthly coupon has some use to me (I use the mailers to get so many in store rentals I don't need 1 more a month).

[quote name='awp']So I still am not understanding if this is just for those that were "grandfathered in" (which I am not one of them) that will get the game rental? Or is everyone in Total Access getting it?[/QUOTE]

I think it goes like this...

If you were grandfathered in (like me), nothing changes, you still get the Total Access deal and your 2 coupons a month (vg or movies)

New members who didn't get the vg coupon, now get one a month.

The thread title is very confusing, I also thought they were going to let me trade my online movie for a game.

BTW, I'm also a happy convert from Netflix. They throttled me, sent me bottom of my queue movies. I jumped ship and never looked back.

This Total Access deal is too good to be true.

[quote name='Zimmy']I think it goes like this...

If you were grandfathered in (like me), nothing changes, you still get the Total Access deal and your 2 coupons a month (vg or movies)

New members who didn't get the vg coupon, now get one a month.

The thread title is very confusing, I also thought they were going to let me trade my online movie for a game.

BTW, I'm also a happy convert from Netflix. They throttled me, sent me bottom of my queue movies. I jumped ship and never looked back.

This Total Access deal is too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

FYI, Blockbuster.com also does throttling.

[quote name='Yankeez']no you only get 1 coupon a month for a free game rental, the movies can only be exchanged for another movie[/QUOTE]

that is my understanding. But the total access is still a decent deal for all the dvds you get. i sometimes get up to 24 in one week, but that means some nights i stay up all night watching dvds to get the fast turnaround time and it just kills me in the long run. I should just switch to netflciks

They haven't throttled me since I have been on the system and there was one point right after they started the option to turn the movies in at the store where I had 9 movies out at the same time (3 from queue and 6 from the store). I can't complain about that, and it is hard to throttle when you can go to the store and pick up anything they haven't shipped you from the queue yet.

does anyone have the link for the free month of total access? I got an email as an old customer to retry the "new" service again, and i wanted to get a free month out of it. If they give video game rentals i might want to stay too :lol:

Yea sure. You can use any store number as a code for a free month. 90430 is my local one .You just leave off the b at the end of the coupon they're handing out now and you get a free month. You can just go to http://www.blockbuster.com

[quote name='droidekaspam']FYI, Blockbuster.com also does throttling.[/QUOTE]

nice thing though is when they do that complain and you get free instore coupons.

so far for the month of dec i have got 5 extra coupons and expecting more monday.

one nice thing about this is EVEN if they give you the bottom of your Q and get nothing but old movies online you can return then and get new releases in store on tuesday and since there is no return dates you can return the movies on sunday (keep them for the weekend)

i say sooner or later the NO LATE FEES WILL BE DROPPED. Cause you walk into our local BB on weds all the new releases are gone and none are back on the walls till Sunday ( i think everyone is grabbing them and doing what i said to do LOL)

right now im paying 15.99 per month for 3 at a time for 6 months. I have a plan that i can get

3 movies at a time for 13.50 per month for year using my american express card (see fatwallet)

if i can get that in Jan i will switch over , if not i will probally leave blockbuster for a month and let more movies set up in my Q and come back in feb

I"m still having pretty crappy service with them. No where near netflix's level of service I get. I returned 2 movies in store on wed and currently on friday I have 1 movie shipped to me.......

1 was lost in the mail and i don't see my replacement listed in my Queue and I have no idea why they haven't shipped me a 2nd movie.

When you all complain what e-mail do you use? I need to ask em why its taking 2-3 days after i turn in movies in store before they send out my new ones.

yea i was hopin bb would start renting games online...

im currently doing better with netfliz as well as their service is super fast and they have a better hd dvd selection

I just tried out both Netflix/Blockbuster online...Netflix screwed me order up bad and are slow on shipping.

I got 3 Blockbuster movies returned them all to the store the other night at like 8pm and the following morning around 11:30 I got an email saying 3 more of my movies shipped...Man this is great stuff..The in-store rentals are an added bonus...

Wow blockbuster service is sure hit or miss. I sent them an e-mail telling them about my problem with my queue and i got my automated response.....

Apparently they updated my account information like I asked via e-mail. Great job blockbuster.....

Don't send them an e-mail, use the little link next to each movie if you are having shipping issues. Recently I had 6 movies stuck in my queue. so I just reported that I had already returned all 6, which I had, and the next day they shipped me out 4 movies. Why they sent me 4 movies, I have no idea, since I'm on the 3 out at a time plan. I think the cashiers at my local Blockbuster don't always check in movies correctly, as they usually come of my queue as soon as I return them in-store, but sometimes they stay on there for a week unless I report them as returned.

I'm not aware of these two free rental coupons. What are they, how do you get them? If I can't get them, how did you get them?

EDIT: NVM

Rictor my problem is I only had 1 movie in my queue when there should be 3 by this point so there ARE NO buttons to click to report a problem. I got a generic response which is just stupid. They didnt even read what I wrote.

They said that after returning em to the store the next one should ship out the next business day. Well i returned 2 on wed at 10am and as of 4:30pm on friday nothing has shipped out and everything in queue is available...... Guess i'll have to respond and use smaller words

[quote name='Rictor']Don't send them an e-mail, use the little link next to each movie if you are having shipping issues. Recently I had 6 movies stuck in my queue. so I just reported that I had already returned all 6, which I had, and the next day they shipped me out 4 movies. Why they sent me 4 movies, I have no idea, since I'm on the 3 out at a time plan. I think the cashiers at my local Blockbuster don't always check in movies correctly, as they usually come of my queue as soon as I return them in-store, but sometimes they stay on there for a week unless I report them as returned.[/QUOTE]

The movies are NOT supposed to be removed from your queue until the warehouse receives them.

[quote name='Brian9824']Wow blockbuster service is sure hit or miss. I sent them an e-mail telling them about my problem with my queue and i got my automated response.....

Apparently they updated my account information like I asked via e-mail. Great job blockbuster.....[/quote]

Thats odd because Blockbuster usually ships another DVD as soon as the P.O. scans the barcode.

Perhaps its the stores fault...I do recall the employee scanning them when I went in..So maybe that goes right into their system?....I did return 2 today and it was someone I went to High School with way back when so they might screw me on my next shipment...

But I never get anything from my Queue in order, but I am not complaining because as long as I keep getting movies I am good to go.

Any idea when this actually starts? I just checked my coupon today and it is still only for a movie, it doesn't include the option to rent a game.

[quote name='greatscot']Any idea when this actually starts? I just checked my coupon today and it is still only for a movie, it doesn't include the option to rent a game.[/quote]

Well as the first line in the first post says
"Starting December 19, 2006, Blockbuster Total Access (online) will start giving customers 1 free video game rental each month."

bread's done
Back