blockbuster total access anyone have it?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
I saw the flyers in their store, basically unlimited rentals for every online rental you return in store you get a free rental? Or is there some limit you can get within a month or so?

unlimited rentals and it depends on which plan you sign up for. I tried the free month trial with 3 at a time and it was fabulous. Got 3 dvds then exchanged them at the store for 3 more..Good selection too.

[quote name='ilikegames']unlimited rentals and it depends on which plan you sign up for. I tried the free month trial with 3 at a time and it was fabulous. Got 3 dvds then exchanged them at the store for 3 more..Good selection too.[/quote]Now when you exchange your DVDs in-store and get 3 more, is there a certain due date from those you get from the store? I remember reading some disclaimer about certain limitations when you trade them in-store. I could be wrong though, I was just wondering.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Now when you exchange your DVDs in-store and get 3 more, is there a certain due date from those you get from the store? I remember reading some disclaimer about certain limitations when you trade them in-store. I could be wrong though, I was just wondering.[/quote]

Yes. When you get free rentals in-store, the regular due dates apply. BTW I am doing the 1 at a time, unlimited amount for 9.99 and I love it.

[quote name='xdl']Yes. When you get free rentals in-store, the regular due dates apply. BTW I am doing the 1 at a time, unlimited amount for 9.99 and I love it.[/quote]I see. So getting them in the mail = no due date; getting them from the actual rental store = due date (unless restricted by your plan)?

I got the 3 out at a time plan, I threatened to cancel and they gave me a deal of lowering the price for the plan to like 14.99 a month for 6 months! I love it, but my blockbuster is a small one, and I'm running out of movies to get. :(

I'm thinking about going down to 1 out at a time unlimited and then signing up for 1 out at a time at GameFly as well. It'll be around the same price give or take a few bucks.

[quote name='Ma12kez']I see. So getting them in the mail = no due date; getting them from the actual rental store = due date (unless restricted by your plan)?[/quote]
All the mailed dvds are without due date. However all of the ones rented in store have a "own it by" date of either 9 days (new releases) or 14 days (older ones). As long as you return it by that own it date you'll be alright. Or if you need them longer, for only $1.25 you can keep them for up to a month.

From what the manager at my local store said, Blockbusters have gotten/should be getting in their supplies to create HD-DVD/Blu-Ray setups, so they'll start carrying the stuff in store, which'll definately make Total Access a lot sweeter.

I had it for a month and loved it.
But was running out of in store movies to rent, so gave it up.

Will try it again in a few months.

Shipping from Blockbuster was still on the slow side for me.
Three or four days to get to me.

It's a good deal...but being the CAG, I feel so compelled to get as many movies as conceivable in every month. Therefore, I have cancelled the service. I have way too many games to play, so I'll sit out for a few months. But the service is good...only wish that Blockbusters opened earlier than 10 so that I can stop by before going off to work.

I love Total Access. I rent a LOT more movies now. I just hope my store starts carrying HD/Blu-Ray, then it will be THE BEST ;)

Also, you get a free IN-STORE rental coupon each month...GOOD ON GAMES TOO. (I get TWO of them since I signed up a long time ago). That basically pays for itself, since games are now $8 to rent.

[quote name='KingOfMyWorld']I got the 3 out at a time plan, I threatened to cancel and they gave me a deal of lowering the price for the plan to like 14.99 a month for 6 months! I love it, but my blockbuster is a small one, and I'm running out of movies to get. :(

I'm thinking about going down to 1 out at a time unlimited and then signing up for 1 out at a time at GameFly as well. It'll be around the same price give or take a few bucks.[/QUOTE]
If you push enough, they'll give it half off .. They ended up giving me three free months and two more months at 50% off (basically BOGO)

And I'm beginning to run out of anything thinkable to rent, so I'm going to cancel after thats over .. your monthly coupon is valid on games again too, so that works. They took a day to arrive in my mailbox, too, so it was fast turnaround .. I had to force it out of my queue however because they were taking 2-3 days to "notice" the store had the dvd already.

[quote name='Bezerker']All the mailed dvds are without due date. However all of the ones rented in store have a "own it by" date of either 9 days (new releases) or 14 days (older ones). As long as you return it by that own it date you'll be alright. Or if you need them longer, for only $1.25 you can keep them for up to a month.

From what the manager at my local store said, Blockbusters have gotten/should be getting in their supplies to create HD-DVD/Blu-Ray setups, so they'll start carrying the stuff in store, which'll definately make Total Access a lot sweeter.[/quote]I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I gave it to my parents as a xmas gift. They have it for a year, they had the 3 out a time plan and at one point they had 7 movies they needed to watch.

My local blockbuster is good so it's a great choice for my parents. I changed their plan to 2 unlimited so they don't get burned out on movies.

My parents love the service. The monthly rental of a game is great now that games cost 60 bucks. I beat Gears of War thanks to those coupons.

bread's done
Back