blockbuster trick YMMV

album_pic.php

Well, I thought it was funny...

[quote name='sTaTIx'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='sTaTIx']I think when JSweeney gets to be around 80, he'll look back and realize how ridiculous and obnoxious his posts here were.[/quote]

Nope, the entire process is rather trival, but so is posting on message boards in general. With the rare exception of the few posters from this board that I've spoken to in other mediums, this entire board is trivial to , and places no burden on my concious the second I leave it. I log of this board and it's gone.[/quote]

You're not fooling anyone. You seem to make a real concerted effort in finding any opportunity you can to spew your self-righteous, sanctimonious philosophical ramblings on this particular cheap-deals forum, don't you?[/quote]

Yep, because a person with 5 posts, 2 of which are in this thread, has expercienced enough of this board to make a reasonable judgement about the posting habits of others, right?

I see a couple of possible reasons for this outburst.
1. I genuinely pissed of this new poster, and he's trying to express his rage.
2. Some newbie is trying to make a name for himself by attacking an established poster who is posting an unpopular viewpoint, in an effort to curry favor with those who dislike said poster (in this case, me).
3. This person is a sham account, created by someone else who is too much of a coward to do it under thier normal login, or they know that there other login name has no credibility and thier post would just get laughed right out of the thread.

And now, too address the question directly, so that I am not accused of "playing with words" again.

You're not fooling anyone. You seem to make a real concerted effort in finding any opportunity you can to spew your self-righteous, sanctimonious philosophical ramblings on this particular cheap-deals forum, don't youme

I'm not trying to fool anyone. If I were making a concerted effort to do this, I'd be yelling at other people in quite a few more threads. I've let quite a few of the "minor" indescressions people post about and the "scams\deals" the post about just slip by. Have you even taken the time to read this thread? This thread documents how to be a thief, and how to scam a company... the sites owner then comes in and tells them to stop, a post that I whole heartedly backed up and posted as such to voice my argeement. Another poster, the one who created the thread to incite others to commit the "scam" he imagined, tried to absolve himself of blame. I've only said these things in this thread. If I were so concerned about spewing my "self-righteous, sanctimonious philosophical ramblings", I'd start a new thread to showcase it, wouldn't I?

[/b]

[quote name='Mustang O-Line 75']
album_pic.php

Well, I thought it was funny...[/quote]

Can I get a little James Brown... HUUUUUNNNHHHH.
Eww. Used in context with the James Brown in jail visual, that just seems really, really wrong.

[quote name='magilacudy']That noob's taken care of, now if only ebaums had a picture that gave a definite right or wrong to the original Blockbuster question.[/quote]

There is:

whocares1.jpg

Heh... nice pic Mustang. I for one am scared straight. Never again will I trick Blockbuster, or block tricks, or anything remotely close to that in fear of a grimy toga wearing James Brown wielding a harmonica. :)

4 Touchdowns in ONE GAME!!!
I loved that show.
I think I might have to pick up the DVD set if they actual decide to see the entire series through, and not drop it after that first DVD set.

[quote name='thatstoobad']if i worked for blockbuster, and someone requested that i scan the most expensive game last, i would probably ask why. if they told me "because then i can get the most expensive game free" i probably would reply with "ok".

i don't really frequent blockbuster, but it seems to me that if you get someone who seems ok, you might not have to be so sneaky about it and, more importantly, it might be easier to get a deal. it's worth a try.

but who knows.[/quote]

Maan your posts are great! Employees like that rule!!!!

[quote name='magilacudy']...if only ebaums had a picture that gave a definite right or wrong to the original Blockbuster question.[/quote]

LMAO! yea, then we would know the answer once and for all :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='sTaTIx'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='sTaTIx']I think when JSweeney gets to be around 80, he'll look back and realize how ridiculous and obnoxious his posts here were.[/quote]

Nope, the entire process is rather trival, but so is posting on message boards in general. With the rare exception of the few posters from this board that I've spoken to in other mediums, this entire board is trivial to , and places no burden on my concious the second I leave it. I log of this board and it's gone.[/quote]

You're not fooling anyone. You seem to make a real concerted effort in finding any opportunity you can to spew your self-righteous, sanctimonious philosophical ramblings on this particular cheap-deals forum, don't you?[/quote]

Yep, because a person with 5 posts, 2 of which are in this thread, has expercienced enough of this board to make a reasonable judgement about the posting habits of others, right?

I see a couple of possible reasons for this outburst.
1. I genuinely pissed of this new poster, and he's trying to express his rage.
2. Some newbie is trying to make a name for himself by attacking an established poster who is posting an unpopular viewpoint, in an effort to curry favor with those who dislike said poster (in this case, me).
3. This person is a sham account, created by someone else who is too much of a coward to do it under thier normal login, or they know that there other login name has no credibility and thier post would just get laughed right out of the thread.

And now, too address the question directly, so that I am not accused of "playing with words" again.

You're not fooling anyone. You seem to make a real concerted effort in finding any opportunity you can to spew your self-righteous, sanctimonious philosophical ramblings on this particular cheap-deals forum, don't youme

I'm not trying to fool anyone. If I were making a concerted effort to do this, I'd be yelling at other people in quite a few more threads. I've let quite a few of the "minor" indescressions people post about and the "scams\deals" the post about just slip by. Have you even taken the time to read this thread? This thread documents how to be a thief, and how to scam a company... the sites owner then comes in and tells them to stop, a post that I whole heartedly backed up and posted as such to voice my argeement. Another poster, the one who created the thread to incite others to commit the "scam" he imagined, tried to absolve himself of blame. I've only said these things in this thread. If I were so concerned about spewing my "self-righteous, sanctimonious philosophical ramblings", I'd start a new thread to showcase it, wouldn't I?

[/b][/quote]

actually, the problem i have with you is what you wrote after CheapyD already wrote something to the people of this thread. i know there are other "deals" in this forum that you haven't said anything about. are you that much of a coward? you have to wait until cheapyd says something about it before you will? otherwise, you would have "made an example out of somebody" much earlier.

actually, the problem i have with you is what you wrote after CheapyD already wrote something to the people of this thread. i know there are other "deals" in this forum that you haven't said anything about. are you that much of a coward? you have to wait until cheapyd says something about it before you will? otherwise, you would have "made an example out of somebody" much earlier

First, I'm not on the site 24-7, so some things are obviously going to slip under my radar... if it doesn't show up in my new unread toics, or if the intial title doesn't strike my intrest, I don't read it. That habit itself usually has me skip over probably 30% of the threads posted on the board.

I'm a coward because I don't attack other "deals"? I was the loudest dissenting voice about the walmart scam... I still have a cadre of people here that hate my guts over what I posted in that thread.
I pointed out many times the tenousness of the Target raincheck "exploit".. which pissed off a couple more people at me.
Even more recently, I pissed of yet a few more people by pointing out the unethical nature of the Reservation Rewards exploit on EBgames, and taking the unpopular position that those that exploited it did deserve to be black listed.

My opinions and stances are fairly consistant... if you ask most of the other long time posters about a questionable deal, most of them will tell you exactly where I will fall on the issue. I don't need CheapyD's permission to voice my opinion about these "deals".

[quote name='"JSweeney"'][quote name='sTaTIx']This person is a sham account, created by someone else who is too much of a coward to do it under thier normal login, or they know that there other login name has no credibility and thier post would just get laughed right out of the thread.[/quote]

it's not me if that's what you're thinking. ask cheapyd to check out the IP if you're that paranoid. :roll:

[quote name='"doraemonkerpal"'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='sTaTIx']This person is a sham account, created by someone else who is too much of a coward to do it under thier normal login, or they know that there other login name has no credibility and thier post would just get laughed right out of the thread.[/quote]

it's not me if that's what you're thinking. ask cheapyd to check out the IP if you're that paranoid. :roll:[/quote]

I never said it was you, and the implication would have been much more pointed had I thought it was you. If you were going to do things like that, you wouldn't bother taking part in a 2-3 page long argument.
You must have a low self opinion of yourself if you consider yourself included in group... despite the fact that I disagree with you on this, you have been here long enough and posted other honest deals and such that you do have some credibility built up.

bread's done
Back