BLOCKBUSTER: Used HD-DVDs $14.99 or 2 for $20

SGT Killjoy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
So just today my store got the request to transfer out all of our HD-DVD rentals. Some went to distribution, some went to our used section. Most of the good ones(i feel), went back to distribution, such as American Gangster.

In any case, some of the former rentals are now $14.99 a piece, and also apply to the 2 for $20 deal going on at most BBs.

Also, make sure the BB you go to has HD-DVD, as only larger stores even got them in for rental.

Also, the transfer request didn't expire til the 14th, so some stores may take til then to transfer them.

Wow, I didn't know Blockbuster had some HD-DVDs for rent; off-topic, do they have new ones for sale?

What titles have everyone purchased? Mine seems to carry only titles that are now $10 at Amazon...so...not really worth it.

[quote name='twen']Wow, I didn't know Blockbuster had some HD-DVDs for rent; off-topic, do they have new ones for sale?[/QUOTE]

All new HD-DVDs were sent back to distribution.

this is surprising because in south FL, they declared that they would only support blu-ray from the geet go.

Here in Orlando, FL, I know of one Blockbuster that even has HD-DVD rentals and the selection is pretty slim. Still, I do know they got a copy of The Brave One, so maybe I'll head down there tomorrow and check it out.

I never saw used HD-DVDs there so. So you're saying they just took all the rentals and put used stickers on them?

Initially some stores carried both formats to test the market. After some time it was decided to drop HD-DVD and then every store started carrying Blu-ray.

The Blockbusters by me said HD-DVD's do not apply with the 2 for $20 promotion....... Have been on sale for $14.99 for the last couple weeks, but w/ out 2 for $20 several of the movies aren't worth it at my Blockbusters....

So the 2 for $20 could be YMMV, or the blockbusters here are retarded, which is a possibility..

Shreveport, Louisiana if anyone was wondering.

[quote name='Halo3Champ']What do they do with them, once they go back to distribution?[/QUOTE]

im not sure really. i just assumed they would get a refund on them since the format is dead.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']i just bought 2 for 20[/QUOTE]

not saying that its doesn't work just not at the stores by me. Trying to give other CAG's a heads up...

Blockbuster in Wall New Jersey had HD DVD's on end cap with the 2 for $20 sign hanging on it.
Must have had about 30 or so titles.
Grabbed
Shrek the Third
The Departed
Unforgiven
Flags of our Fathers
All were in original HD DVD cases.

Going to go back with some games to trade for credit and get some more.
Also had Fast Furious, 1 and 2, Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby, Van Helsing, V for vendetta, Norbit, Happy Feet. Syrianna.

[quote name='stone1061']Blockbuster in Wall New Jersey had HD DVD's on end cap with the 2 for $20 sign hanging on it.
Must have had about 30 or so titles.
Grabbed
Shrek the Third
The Departed
Unforgiven
Flags of our Fathers
All were in original HD DVD cases.

Going to go back with some games to trade for credit and get some more.
Also had Fast Furious, 1 and 2, Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby, Van Helsing, V for vendetta, Norbit, Happy Feet. Syrianna.[/QUOTE]
The one on 35? Not sure if there is another...might stop in

[quote name='silentspork']The one on 35? Not sure if there is another...might stop in[/quote]

Yeah, the one on 35 by Pathmark. I got the xbox add on cheap, so felt I had to get some movies for it.
Shrek was the must get since i got a couple little ones.
Then just looking to get some quality movies.
Probably stop back on Sunday night

I grabbed:
American Gangster
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatium
Syrianna
Not bad. They had more, but nothing I wanted for ten. Thing was I got in there and the transfer to sale from rental was going to happen at midnight, so I had to wait around fifteen minutes. One of the Blockbuster workers gave me a list to look at in the meanwhile-- they had Serenity listed, but I didn't notice in the stack when she let me pick out the movies. I might have to look again because I really wanted that one.

I went to the Blockbusters in Ronkonkoma and Holbrook NY. I got:

Flags of Our Fathers
Unforgiven
V for Vendetta
Lethal Weapon
Jarhead
Disturbia

There are still some movies left at this areas, I just dont remember them.

Were these transfered to Blockbuster after the news of HD DVD no longer being made or are they only being sold if that particular store carried HD DVD's. I have only ever seen Blu-rays at my blockbusters? (I thought that Blockbusters were all BLu-ray exclusive)

bread's done
Back