Blockbuster Vid previewed HD-DVD's $9.99.... also B2G1 free!!

broccoli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just got back from my Blockbuster video and every HD DVD is marked $9.99 and I was able to get them as Buy 2 get 1 Free.

9 HD DVD's for 73 dollars taxes in. Only one of them has any wear at all.
The girls argued that the sale wasn't supposed to start til mon or Tues, but 1 of the girls looked at a printed email that supposedly said it started Apr 4th... and someone had marked them all at 9.99 so I was happy to take advantage.

Shrek the 3rd
Stardust
Children of Men
Transformers
The Brave one
Beowulf
Disturbia
The Heartbreak Kid
The Good Shepherd

There were lots more Beowulfs, Transformers... several Bourne Ultimatums, Happy Feet... several others. Try to get in early!

The fact that it was scanning at $24.99 is a good sign that it doesn't start until Monday/Tuesday ;)

Still, you got real lucky as I want most of those titles

Actually they were scanning in for full price.

After the 2 employees argued for a minute, one of em grabbed a printed out email, that had all the prices of the HD DVD's on it. Every single one was 9.99 except The Brave One was 14.99 for some reason.

Good Luck, chances are your store's been raided quite a bit, I lucked out and got there right at 10 and picked up:

The Brave One
Beowulf
Bourne Ultimatum
Transformers
Blades of Glory
Ocean's 13
Knocked Up
Children Of Men
The Departed
American Gangster
Disturbia

$9.99 each and Buy 2 get 1 free. All of them were rented 4 times or less, Brave One wasn't rented at all :lol:. Buy 2 get 1 free is YMMV, the new promo is supposed to be 3 for $25

Just came back from my local store after reading this thread and they say that they've NEVER carried HD-DVD only BD. So I think that this is a YMMV, unless the guy was lying to me?

I'm satisfied. Sadly there was no B2G1Free at our store (no ads anywhere).
I got:
Bourne Ultimatum
BABEL
Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix
Shrek The Third
Beowulf

Grabbed the following along with the 360 HD drive.
Bourne Trilogy
Shrek the third
Transformers
American Gangster
Beowolf
MI:III
Smokin Aces
The Departed
Babel
Shooter
pan's Labyrinth
Stardust

[quote name='hardwo0d']Just came back from my local store after reading this thread and they say that they've NEVER carried HD-DVD only BD. So I think that this is a YMMV, unless the guy was lying to me?[/quote]
Same here. He told me that Blockbuster is exclusively Blu-Ray. Stopped in anyway and I'm pretty sure this Blockbuster never carried HD-DVD. I'll try calling another store today.

Ah been waiting for the HD-DVD clear-outs to begin, the 3 for $25 was in effect, got the following:

Transformers
The Departed
American Gangster
Knocked Up

All for $38....not bad at all.

I got six in Bridlewood, Calgary yesterday for $47 taxes in.

Popped into a couple of other locations and they were cleaned out.

Ack, I was too late my Blockbuster had been cleared out already. However if anyone is interested in I now Pronounce you Chuck & Larry, The Departed, Blades of Glory, Bourne Ultimatum those are still there at the Blockbuster in Clairview Edmonton.

Slightly off topic but still about Blockbuster, but if you can still find them, they still have games for 7.99$ for select PS2 games and 8.99$ for select DS games. Got two of the Naruto games earlier as well as a second copy of Front Mission DS.

Also Every Extend Extra (for PSP obviously) is 5 bucks down from 10 down from 30 down from 40. Haven't played it yet but for those who liked Rez you might like that as well.

Anybody here with the 360 HD player having issues with the combo HD / DVD discs. I know it's somewhat of an issue with HD.

For me the HD side of American Gangster sometimes works, Smokin Aces does not load at all. Tried clearing the HD cache, and that sometimes works.

[quote name='shifty_37']Anybody here with the 360 HD player having issues with the combo HD / DVD discs. I know it's somewhat of an issue with HD.

For me the HD side of American Gangster sometimes works, Smokin Aces does not load at all. Tried clearing the HD cache, and that sometimes works.[/quote]
Nope, i'm all good with mine.
Had no issue with American Ganster, eastern promises, the kingdom and bourne ultimatum.

Hot Fuzz won't load past the Universal logo. Freezes everytime for me.

What's worse is, I don't have a CD burner, so I can't just download the updates that might enable it to play.

bread's done
Back