Blockland [PC + Mac] Sale and giveaways over, thanks everyone!

Rotondo

CAGiversary!
You might remember me from the giveaway we did a few weeks ago, but now I'm back again with a new offer.
This time we're doubling up for the black friday weekend, not only are we giving away 10 more keys but the game is now 75% off!
If you want a key just post saying you want one and I'll pm it to you.

Edit: Alright ten more keys to give away, just post in the thread and I'll select the winners tomorrow around 3 EST

First batch of keys are gone, but I'll give away a few more randomly, but remember the game is only 5 bucks!

Alright sales over, thanks everyone for the support!

Anyway for the people who don't remember that thread, Blockland is an online multiplayer game where you build things with bricks in an FPS (+jetpack) environment.
My friends and I have been working on this game for a few years, and now we're trying to get on steam through greenlight.

Buy: http://www.blockland.us/Store.html

Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95710780 (videos here)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love a key if you have any left :)

Voted on Greenlight too.

Honestly, this game looks fun. There's the obvious comparisons but the art/construction here looks more refined and I love the idea of an FPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love one if you have one to spare! Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Don't want to seem like a suck-up but I did want to say I voted for you on Greenlight a little while back. Best of luck getting thru Greenlight!

If there are any left, I'd like one

EDIT: Looks like I'm number 11. I guess I'm too late. Voted for you on Greenlght anyway. Good luck.

Giving away ten keys in here is like tossing a pack of lunchmeat in the midst of a pride of lions.

Not that it isn't very nice and all...

Thanks for the key! DLing now and will post my thoughts once I post.

Cool things for people to know:

1. If you buy know and the game gets greenlit then your key will activate the game on Steam!

2. If you have the full version, you can host a LAN game and others on the LAN can join and play and basically demo the full version by playing with you.

id like one if theres any left! looks pretty fun =)

edit: im not sure if im spose to say it in post everyone looks like they did but you've been upvote

I will take one thanks
sdse

You know, he only had 10 copies to give away people. Everyone who posted after post #11 (kcobra22's post) is too late.

It was a very generous off by Rotondo though. So people should definitely take a second to vote for his game on Greenlight.

Game looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to check it out. If you had an extra key I'd be interested, but may bite at 75% off when I take a closer look on a proper computer.

I used to play Blockland almost 24/7 with my friends back in 2004. I voted for it on Greenlight already because I wanted to get back to it. I can't wait to see how much has changed since then.

The first batch of keys are gone but I might give out a few more randomly.

Again thanks for the interest and the upvotes on greenlight!

Well, I played the tutorial last night and I already know I will like this game :)

If we wanted to gift it to anyone would we just buy it on the site and email them the key?

Awesome deal on Blockland, my friends and I used to play it years and years ago (in the time long before Minecraft) back when it was like uber-beta version. Once they started "improving" it, we all kinda lost interest. Definitely deserves to get greenlit and a great deal at $5!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, I played the tutorial last night and I already know I will like this game :)

If we wanted to gift it to anyone would we just buy it on the site and email them the key?[/QUOTE]

Currently we don't have a system for gifting, but if you buy through amazon you can change the email associated with the key after you purchase.

If you have to use paypal you'll just have to email them the key yourself. I'll make a note of this for the future, hopefully we can get some type of easy gifting method going.

Alright so I got 10 more keys to give away, this time I'll do a random drawing.

If you want to enter just make a post after this one, doesn't matter what about.

Tomorrow around 3ish EST I'll pick the winners.

Fun fact: the main developer actually wanted to give away the keys himself but apparently cag has a waiting period before new members can post. lol.

Just some more info for people on the fence about buying:

They have a "Rampage" mode. Not sure if anyone remembers these games from older systems, but basically your character has to smash and destroy as many blocks as possible in a certain time. I played it solo, but it has a MP mode which is obviously probably a ton more fun.

I joined a online game and it was interesting. Just a group of guys building a giant school. Attention to detail was pretty crazy.

Overall, I think it is definitely worth it and probably a ton of fun if you have friends who can play it with you.

Game sounds like a good amount of fun, consider me signed up for that drawing for a key, looks neat, I'll send you an upvote on greenlight.

Sale has been extended through monday.

Partly because we forgot to turn it off, but also we realized that many people weren't able to make purchases during the weekend.

Alright we decided to just send everyone who entered the second drawing a key, thanks everyone for supporting us!

Also I am very happy that cag allows this type of thing, when my friend and I tried to share this sale/giveaway with reddit and slickdeals our posts were either removed or we were banned.

Hopefully the next sale you see from us will be on steam.

Thanks a lot Rotondo. I appreciate it.

Right now I've got some diagnostics running on new computer parts that I just bought (to make sure they're running ok), otherwise I'd give the game a shot right now. But it's the first thing that I'm doing once I know everything is running ok and I can use my gaming computer again.

bread's done
Back