Bloody hell, looks like we're gonna be needing this site more than ever.

Exu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
217 (100%)
Modern Warfare 2 SRP of £54.99 (bog-standard edition) has been confirmed by Activision, due to development costs and currency conversion greed.

http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000005726
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35050/5499-Modern-Warfare-2-to-lead-Xmas-price-hike

God knows how much the Hardened and Prestige editions are going to cost. Looks like you can remove the strikethrough from "cost more and"!

Not a "deal" at all but the cheapest place I've seen to preorder the game at is Shopto.net. I'd wait until post-launch but if you really NEED this game then here you go. (Seriously though, don't bother.)

:360: Modern Warfare 2 £42.99
:ps3: Modern Warfare 2 £42.99
:pc: Modern Warfare 2 £34.99

I just hope this doesn't start a trend, where any old crap can reach the dizzy heights of £55. All I know is I'm not buying and neither should you.

they can go f them selves ill wait six months if i have two and buy second hand just to extra p them off....
are they crazy.

The game biz is mostly unaffected by the recession, yet putting the price up on the games will most defiantly change that. Basically ANY game over £30 is too much. Once gaming becomes digital only, all these greedy publisher will cease to be, giving the developers more of the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely most of the development costs would have been on the first game anyway as as far as I know it uses the same engine and the graphics aren't massively improved etc.

Tbh I'd say this game is going to be worth £55.

I'll be getting it for christmas anyway, So it'll probs be cheaper. :D

COD prices dont seem to fall as fast or as far as other titles. Still I expect (and hope) good retailers will drop the price into £30-35.

The Argos £35 preorder is a great deal though.

Yeah, HMV gets dibs on Prestige so of course the price GOES THROUGH THE GODDAMN ROOF.

HMV of course the same retailer that in-store still wants £50 for Beijing 2008.

What the deuce? Pass.
caguk.smile.jpg

[quote name='tomm116']HMV gets dibs on Prestige so of course the price goes through the Goddamn roof!!![/QUOTE]

Hey, that sounds awfully familiar.

[quote name='Exu']Yeah, HMV gets dibs on Prestige so of course the price GOES THROUGH THE GODDAMN ROOF.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.

bread's done
Back