Blu Ray $10 MIR for Narnia, National Treasure, & Rookie

voyagerbob

CAG Veteran
LinkinPrime Edit:
[quote name='thelonepig']Courtesy of voyagerbob, here are the scans:

[/quote]

I didn't see this posted anywhere but I just received a flyer from Disney for a $10 mail in certificate for The Rookie, Chronicles of Narnia, & National Treasure. The way I read it you can submit all three with the one certificate and get $30 bucks back. (EDIT: I checked with Disney and it in fact requires one certificate per title)

It is the usual buy new Blu-Ray send in old tab/UPC from DVD, new tab/UPC from Blu-Ray, & receipt for new Blu-Ray.

Thanks

Voyagerbob

Man, I hope this isn't the way they go with all Disney movies from here on out. This would put my Disney/Buena Vista purchasing on hold.

I haven't been able to pinpoint anything as of yet for the fliers, but considering I've got 2 of these on DVD I'd love to upgrade at the $10 off.

[quote name='thebob101']Any link for the flyer or scan?[/quote]

No Link that I know of. I am able to scan the flyer but I don't think I'm able to post files yet. I know most sites make you wait a period of time or number of posts. I didn't check this sites requriements. I just joined last month and this was my first post.

Voyagerbob

[quote name='voyagerbob']No Link that I know of. I am able to scan the flyer but I don't think I'm able to post files yet. I know most sites make you wait a period of time or number of posts. I didn't check this sites requriements. I just joined last month and this was my first post.

Voyagerbob[/quote]

Scan and upload it to a picture site like Photobucket.

[quote name='thelonepig']Scan and upload it to a picture site like Photobucket.[/quote]

I'm at work now so it would be this evening before I can set up an account and upload it. Plus I think sites like that are blocked here at work. So it will much later today that I can do that.

Voyagerbob

Anyone have the time to post to photobucket or similiar if I send you the PDF? I didn't get home in time to do it.

Voyagerbob

Is this like the other disney ones where its a manufacturer Coupon that we can just scan at walmart?! or is it really a mail-in offer. I LOVED those coupons!

[quote name='Davideo']Is this like the other disney ones where its a manufacturer Coupon that we can just scan at walmart?! or is it really a mail-in offer. I LOVED those coupons![/quote]

The problem is you are "supposed" to re-buy a new DVD version to get those coupons. If they don't plan on doing a new DVD version, there is no other way to give the upgrade--although they could just include the coupon in the blu-ray case and only have you chop up the old dvd case.

How is there one for Narnia when it is still a month out?

And where can I find a DVD copy on the cheap?
The trailer for Prince Caspian looks just as HD as Speed Racer. So want to check out the first one on BD.

[quote name='KyleN']The problem is you are "supposed" to re-buy a new DVD version to get those coupons. If they don't plan on doing a new DVD version, there is no other way to give the upgrade--although they could just include the coupon in the blu-ray case and only have you chop up the old dvd case.[/quote]

I don't believe you will need to re-buy a new DVD, just send in the tab from the DVD you purchased a year or so ago. More of an "upgrade" coupon for those that already purchased it.

Voyagerbob

[quote name='shrike4242']Guess the $10 coupon days are gone. Oh well.[/quote]

The three titles they had the $10 coupons were for new first time releases. These Mail-in rebates are for upgrading for re-releases. So I wouldn't necessarily say that National Treasure 2 wouldn't have a $10 coupon in the standard DVD package. You never know.

Voyagerbob

I plan on getting Narnia and the two National Treasure Blu-Rays from Amazon. I like the overall pricing on this.

39.99 National Treasure 1&2
23.95 Narnia
63.94 Total
-20.00 Rebate
43.94 Total after rebate
14.65 Average each title

Actual breakdown

19.95 National Treasure 2
9.95 National Treasure
13.95 Narnia

[quote name='voyagerbob']The three titles they had the $10 coupons were for new first time releases. These Mail-in rebates are for upgrading for re-releases. So I wouldn't necessarily say that National Treasure 2 wouldn't have a $10 coupon in the standard DVD package. You never know.

Voyagerbob[/quote]Though, the coupons were in the standard DVD packages, so unless you bought the standard DVD, you wouldn't get it. Since they were coupons and not rebates, you didn't need anything but the coupon to take advantage of it.

Some people just get creative and scan it for all of the world to use. ;)

Yeah, I don't really see the copies working out if the Disney rebate center will be processing all forms. They'll obviously see the copies and just reject those.

I emailed Buena Vista through the contact us on their website regarding these. I received an email response in minutes asking for my address and stating that they will immediately send out several of these rebates along with several others. :D

[quote name='thelonepig']I emailed Buena Vista through the contact us on their website regarding these. I received an email response in minutes asking for my address and stating that they will immediately send out several of these rebates along with several others. :D[/quote]

What specifically did you say? I want some too.

Go here: http://video.movies.go.com/bluray/index.html

Choose 'FAQs' from the top menu.

Choose the only FAQ under Customer Service and there is an option to 'click here' to send an email.

I sent an email stating that a friend of mine received a rebate for $10 off on National Treasure, Narnia, and The Rookie and indicated that I am looking forward to upgrading my DVD copies to Bluray and that this would make it a lot easier for me to do so.

I told them specifically that I own Narnia and NT and would like two of the forms.

Here's the first response:

Thank you for the e-mail. We are concerned about your inquiry and would like an opportunity to address this issue with greater detail.

Please forward us your full mailing address and phone number. Upon receiving your information, we will send out a rebate pack.

I forwarded them the requested info and got:

Thank you for your email. We have received your contact information and will be sending you a rebate pack shortly.

If you have any other questions, please reply with history to this e-mail.

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds pretty canned, so I'm sure it's standard procedure.

I checked with Disney and one form is required for each title you want the rebate on. I was thinking maybe you could do all three on one form, but they said one each.

Voyagerbob

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nice...thanks. Sending an email now.[/quote]

Got 2 rebates in the mail today...woot! Its for Rookie, Narnia, and National Treasure.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got 2 rebates in the mail today...woot! Its for Rookie, Narnia, and National Treasure.[/quote]

Still waiting on mine. Good to know they listened though!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Got 2 rebates in the mail today...woot! Its for Rookie, Narnia, and National Treasure.[/quote]Mine's supposedly on the way. The real issue comes from the need for the POP from the DVD release, which we don't have, if we didn't buy the DVD release version. :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine's supposedly on the way. The real issue comes from the need for the POP from the DVD release, which we don't have, if we didn't buy the DVD release version. :whistle2:s[/quote]

Well, I have the old DVD's so I'm hoping that the POP is the same that the re-releases w/the included rebate.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well, I have the old DVD's so I'm hoping that the POP is the same that the re-releases w/the included rebate.[/quote]

The official form says any version/edition is valid, so long as it is a DVD. Personally, I've got NT and Narnia to switch over. My Father-in-law has The Rookie and I know he's been eyeing a switch to BD, so that would make a great Father's Day gift provided I can get the POP off his DVD.

[quote name='shrike4242']Back up to the top, now that Narnia and National Treasure 2 are coming out shortly.[/QUOTE]

thanks, had no idea....

question though.... are the proofs of purchase generally on a tabbed insert of the bluray or do you need to exacto knife the case insert? No pull tabs like disney vhs and i believe dvd.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you ever get your rebates Shrike?[/quote]Yeah, they showed up a couple of weeks ago.

My issue is that I didn't buy any of the SD versions I'm planning on getting the BR on, so they're semi-useless, unless I find someone who's nice enough to give me their POP from their SD DVD.

[quote name='thelonepig']I emailed Buena Vista through the contact us on their website regarding these. I received an email response in minutes asking for my address and stating that they will immediately send out several of these rebates along with several others. :D[/quote]

I'm having trouble finding the right thing to email. could someone give me a link, or the email address? Thanks

[quote name='heyboova']I'm having trouble finding the right thing to email. could someone give me a link, or the email address? Thanks[/quote]

Try this:

[quote name='thelonepig']Go here: http://video.movies.go.com/bluray/index.html

Choose 'FAQs' from the top menu.

Choose the only FAQ under Customer Service and there is an option to 'click here' to send an email.[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, they showed up a couple of weeks ago.

My issue is that I didn't buy any of the SD versions I'm planning on getting the BR on, so they're semi-useless, unless I find someone who's nice enough to give me their POP from their SD DVD.[/quote]

My copy of National Treasure just shipped from Amazon today, so I pulled out my SD copy to get things ready. It looks like there are two POP tabs - an A and a B. Do all copies of NT have the same POP numbers? If so, you are welcome to the other.

[quote name='thelonepig']My copy of National Treasure just shipped from Amazon today, so I pulled out my SD copy to get things ready. It looks like there are two POP tabs - an A and a B. Do all copies of NT have the same POP numbers? If so, you are welcome to the other.[/quote]From what I remember seeing on the rebate form, they don't make any mention of which one they want, so I'll have to check the rebate form and see if they want the "A" tab or the "B" tab.

EDIT: All it says is the POP tab or the UPC, not what specific POP tab they're asking for. I guess either one should work.

[quote name='shrike4242']All it says is the POP tab or the UPC, not what specific POP tab they're asking for. I guess either one should work.[/quote]

That's what I got out of it as well, so it looks like I've got an extra POP and a UPC up for grabs!

[quote name='starmask2k3']can u use a copy bar code of the dvd ver[/quote]

No, it must be the original. The only copy allowed with the rebate is one of the receipt.

[quote name='thelonepig']No, it must be the original. The only copy allowed with the rebate is one of the receipt.[/QUOTE]

well i guess i'm not getting the 10 for the NT 1 one because i dont have the reg dvd ver

[quote name='SuperJedi']Hey, does Wal-mart have an Ad this week advertising the 2-pack for $39.99?[/quote]

Anyone know?

[quote name='starmask2k3']well i guess i'm not getting the 10 for the NT 1 one because i dont have the reg dvd ver[/quote]

Same here. I just printed the MIR and was excited that the UPC I could send in for the NT1 BD was a sticker on the plastic (which also said 'National Treasure' on it), so I wouldn't have to destroy my packaging, and damned if they don't want a UPC from BOTH...

I'm tempted to try anyway and tell them I lost the packaging the DVD came in (as it's about 3 years old)...

bread's done
Back