Blu Ray 2 for $25 BBV

JLazzuri

CAGiversary!
Hey guys. Just found out that Blockbuster Video will be putting their previously viewed BluRay on sale. The sale will be 2 for $25 for any title 16.99. There's a pretty good selection at my store, but then again selection may vary. Hope this helps someone pick up a few on the cheap.

Thanks op, I picked up:

Speed Racer
Wanted
Iron Man
Rambo

All for about $53 and some change. Beats the $80+ I would have spent for retail discs. I'll use the money I saved to pick up some blu-ray cases. None of my copies came with inserts of any kind though, just the original artwork, which makes me wonder if I'm missing anything, but I guess I'm not too worried about it. About the only inserts I've gotten with my few other retail discs are ads for other blu-ray releases.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale, JLazzuri.

I picked up You Don't Mess With The Zohan & Get Smart for $27 bucks after taxes. The discs were in great condition too and I'll will be getting more this week.

Sucks that they send the Blu-ray jewel cases to corporate and give you the crappy looking DVD cases. As long as I get the original artwork intact its fine for me.

Hmm, I'll have to make a trip to BB. I remember being there a couple weeks ago and saw that used blu-rays were $16.99 and thought that by itself was a pretty good deal but this is just too good to pass up.

When I went in, there were shelves missing, and the Blus and giant shelves of used DVDs were no longer along the right wall by the entrance. I though maybe this location may have been in the process of downsizing/closing. Turns out they just moved the Blus to the back. Picked up Zack & Miri and Pineapple Express (did you know Seth Rogen was in Donnie Darko?).

I asked if they had any blu cases, and they guy said they didn't have any blu but had PS3 cases. He gave me two for the movies I was buying, and I asked him if he had one more for a previous movie I bought. He wound up giving me the other three PS3 cases he had. I like this store. I only wish they had more used Blu selection.

When I'm looking for cases, I generally like to check if anyone is selling them at a decent price on eBay. I got a bunch of HD-DVDs once for like $.75 a piece shipped. Of course, it's not always a given you'll find a decent price. So, you can always check out sleevetown.com.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']When I'm looking for cases, I generally like to check if anyone is selling them at a decent price on eBay. I got a bunch of HD-DVDs once for like $.75 a piece shipped. Of course, it's not always a given you'll find a decent price. So, you can always check out sleevetown.com.[/QUOTE]

I was close to buying some at sleevetown until I noticed they were charging an outrages $6+ for standard shipping. That's more than the cases cost!

Went to a BB in the rich burbs and found Pineapple Express and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

NP, Demo Mang.

I picked up Wanted and Pineapple Express. Most the ones I saw I either had already or didn't want to them to begin with. I tried to get Boondock Saints but it was not one of the ones on sale. However I will keep checking since this is a great deal!

Picked up Indiana Jones and National Treasure also.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='manthing']NP, Demo Mang.[/QUOTE]

Its Demo Man not "Demo Mang." Just because TFN thinks he is all cute with it doesn't mean you can get away with it either.

[quote name='manthing']A full day to retort Demo Mang?

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Or maybe because I wasn't round to reply. Oh well.... don't care no more about whatever you say. Enjoy my ignore list.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or maybe because I wasn't round to reply. [/QUOTE]

Seen you IRL, you're ALWAYS 'round'.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Enjoy my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

b-b-b-but I was waiting for the Radio Revolution...

:whistle2:(

[quote name='manthing']

b-b-b-but i was waiting for the radio revolution...

:whistle2:([/quote]

don't worry you can still see his posts when demo mang's revolution comes you will know it!!

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']When I'm looking for cases, I generally like to check if anyone is selling them at a decent price on eBay. I got a bunch of HD-DVDs once for like $.75 a piece shipped. Of course, it's not always a given you'll find a decent price. So, you can always check out sleevetown.com.[/QUOTE]

I did this, i paid a little bit more shipped but it was worth it how fast the got to me. I think i placed it on Wednesday and they arrived on friday!! The blurays look good as new.. thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid computers apparently. Wanted to get 3 movies, thinking they'd be 12.50 per. Apparently ringing up 3 invalidates the sale, totaled at ~$46. Needless to say I left the 3rd movie behind.

Just came back from, and I did see more movies from what I saw last week.Off the top of my head:

Transporter 3
The Express
Untraceable (picked up)
Punisher War Zone (picked up)
Kung Fu Panda
Open Range 2?? or something like that... cartoon movie with animals....
Incredible Hulk

Too bad I had some of these already cause they had a pretty good selection. Clerk said sale should go until at least Memorial Day.

My BBV had both Transporter 3 and Punisher War Zone in rental case for sale; however they were not part of the sale as they did not sell for $16.99 or less.

I came back from my local BB tons of new titles Soul Men, Transporter 3, Punisher, W, Beverly Hills Chiw, Australia, Express, Horton Hears a Who, Death Race, and Seven Pounds,

Unfortunately no Slumdog Millionaire.

All were $16.99 and part of the sale.

You guys do know the sale is on all used blurays 16.99 and UP. According to the signs anyway so all should be part of the sale and I'd wave that in their face.

Mine put out Narnia 2 and Burn After reading (24 and 24). I didn't buy either since BAR is more of a dvd buy than a bluray.

And yes I looked over the fine print, which is how I know it says 16.99 and up.

and...

Went to another BB by me and picked up Burn After Reading and Nick & Norah. They were also in BB cases but I have a few blu cases I ordered about a week ago when this deal started.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']You guys do know the sale is on all used blurays 16.99 and UP. According to the signs anyway so all should be part of the sale and I'd wave that in their face.

Mine put out Narnia 2 and Burn After reading (24 and 24). I didn't buy either since BAR is more of a dvd buy than a bluray.

And yes I looked over the fine print, which is how I know it says 16.99 and up.

and...[/QUOTE]

Those should be $16.99, not $24. It took the computers an extra day to update the price and most stores probably priced them before the update. Every single Blu-Ray that was transferred from rental to a a retail copy should be $16.99.

Most BBV's should have transferred over movies like Prince Caspian (2-disc version), Wall-E, and a couple of other good movies this week. My store did it 2 days ago. I put the movies behind the counter so I could buy them since we only had one copy of each.

Came back from my local BBV and they had a LOT more movies than last time (which was last Monday). Last time, I think they probably had 12-16 movies, today they had at least double the amount. Some new movies that I saw that weren't there before:

Quarantine
Prince Caspian
Iron Man
Indy 4 Kingdom of Crystal Skulls
Transporter 3
Punisher War Zone
Resident Evil Degeneration
Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Burn After Reading
Incredible Hulk (Norton version)
Soul Men
W
Death Race
Untraceable
Madagascar 2
10,000 BC
Batman Begins
Batman Gotham Knight
Mamma Mia
The House Bunny
The Golden Compass
The Water Horse

Picked up Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Punisher War Zone, and Kung Fu Panda for about $55 after tax.

I picked up The Bank Job and Burn After Reading yesterday. Was hoping to pick up Australia but they didn't have it. 2 of the BBVs near my house don't even sell used Blu-rays. Maybe because they are franchise stores and not corporate stores or something like that? I thought I heard they have 2 different type of stores.

I have a question: If I buy two movies, and I decide that I want to return one, how much would they give me back?

I saw Prince Caspian but there wasnt any other movie I wanted. At $16.99 I would buy a sealed copy on ebay instead. So I thought maybe I will buy Caspian, and any other movie and return the other movie. But I am curious on what they would give me. Would it be half of the $25, or would it be the difference between $16.99 and $25?

Thanks to whoever answers!!!

Seriously? $12.50 for a used and beaten video that cost them little more than that in the first place and has probably earned them $50-100 already from rentals? They should just give away library titles after they've been rented 75 times. If it pops up on the screen that this rental is the 75th time, then the customer gets lucky and has a free movie to keep.

[quote name='nasum']Seriously? $12.50 for a used and beaten video that cost them little more than that in the first place and has probably earned them $50-100 already from rentals? They should just give away library titles after they've been rented 75 times. If it pops up on the screen that this rental is the 75th time, then the customer gets lucky and has a free movie to keep.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to shop at the store you run, your gonna have one helluva going out of business sale.

[quote name='georox']i'm going to shop at the store you run, your gonna have one helluva going out of business sale.[/quote]

lol

[quote name='torres546']I have a question: If I buy two movies, and I decide that I want to return one, how much would they give me back?

I saw Prince Caspian but there wasnt any other movie I wanted. At $16.99 I would buy a sealed copy on ebay instead. So I thought maybe I will buy Caspian, and any other movie and return the other movie. But I am curious on what they would give me. Would it be half of the $25, or would it be the difference between $16.99 and $25?

Thanks to whoever answers!!![/QUOTE]

They probably won't take it back at all. I asked if I could exchange a movie if I already had it (4 for $20 deal or something and didn't know if I already had one movie that my brother might have bought without me knowing) and the employee told me they weren't supposed to do returns or exchanges at all for used movies/games.

[quote name='nasum']Seriously? $12.50 for a used and beaten video that cost them little more than that in the first place and has probably earned them $50-100 already from rentals? They should just give away library titles after they've been rented 75 times. If it pops up on the screen that this rental is the 75th time, then the customer gets lucky and has a free movie to keep.[/QUOTE]

LOL.....you seem like someone who know business. And I doubt the blu-rays have been rented out 75 times.

You're one hell of a business man. I bet you didn't know movies rarely get rented out 75 times unless they are VERY old movies, and even then it's a rare occurrence. Most movies get auto-sold to customers before they even hit 15 rentals or they get transferred over to retail copies. I think the highest I've seen on a movie was 37 rentals. Don't remember the movie, but it was a drama title from 2001 or something.

And to be honest, you must have a very shitty BBV if all the movies they sell are beaten and were used as coasters. I've bought 4 Blu Rays there and all of them have been in perfect condition. They had some finger print smudges, but that's something a microfiber towel can fix.

[quote name='Lethal04']They probably won't take it back at all. I asked if I could exchange a movie if I already had it (4 for $20 deal or something and didn't know if I already had one movie that my brother might have bought without me knowing) and the employee told me they weren't supposed to do returns or exchanges at all for used movies/games.[/QUOTE]

We aren't supposed to take back previously viewed movies that were bought. Most of the time if you catch a cool employee, that employee will let you exchange it, but they won't let you exchange it if you didn't like it or something.

just came back and picked up:

No Country for Old Men
Wanted
The Bank Job
The Fall

Vicky Cristina Barcelona was on the shelf but with Woody Allen making no effort for disc bonuses, the beautiful cinematography (from what I hear) alone was not enough for me to go hi-def.

[quote name='tink']just came back and picked up:

No Country for Old Men
Wanted
The Bank Job
The Fall

Vicky Cristina Barcelona was on the shelf but with Woody Allen making no effort for disc bonuses, the beautiful cinematography (from what I hear) alone was not enough for me to go hi-def.[/QUOTE]

hmm.. just got No Country for Old Men too and There Will Be Blood. Woody Allen is never the background guy. lol. He's used to being on stage or in front of the camera even if he's technically behind it so he kinda forgot about disc bonuses.
spr.gif

Bah, no copies of No country for old men here.. I would buy that in a heartbeat..

That said, I bought Zack and Miri, and Death Race

[quote name='Lethal04']They probably won't take it back at all. I asked if I could exchange a movie if I already had it (4 for $20 deal or something and didn't know if I already had one movie that my brother might have bought without me knowing) and the employee told me they weren't supposed to do returns or exchanges at all for used movies/games.[/QUOTE]

Well guess what? I got a cool employee. I couldnt plain old return, but I did exchange a movie. Brought back Prince Caspian (as my gf got it for me for my birthday) and I got The Fall instead. The guy there told me that they usually cant except returns/exchanges. But whats funny is that at other BBV, the employees told me I have 30 day period for returns/exchanges on the used Blu rays. :whistle2:?

Whos lying to me.....gggrrrr

By the way this exchanged happened in the Ronkonkoma, NY (the one on Portion Rd.) BBV. The other BBVs I went too and this one are all corporate, so does anoyone know if this is a corporate policy that just isnt followed?

[quote name='torres546']By the way this exchanged happened in the Ronkonkoma, NY (the one on Portion Rd.) BBV. The other BBVs I went too and this one are all corporate, so does anoyone know if this is a corporate policy that just isnt followed?[/QUOTE]

It really depends on if you get a cool manager or not as far as returns go. Typically most managers will not let you return a previously viewed movie because of the fact that you could just take it home, watch it, and then return it for as basically a free rental. Now, if there are no other copies of the movie available, a straight return might be an option, but again, that will probably vary store to store.

bread's done
Back