Blu-ray anime deals.

Mako1215

Banned
Didn't see a thread like this when I searched for it.

So I am starting up a thread pertaining to all anime on Blu-ray ( Deals Only)

Please keep discussion to deals only ( recently had a thread get out of hand and we don't need that again )

I will keep this thread update with links and everything. Thanks :cool:

Amazon Sale:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0EZ77BGHHD5R42WGWYSK

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Well I was waiting for Akira to drop from it's $28 price and it shot up to $32.49. I was, however, able to score Paprika and Tekkonkinkreet for about $9 and $8 respectively from Amazon.co.uk. According to this site they should be region free.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Claymore complete for $39.99
Heroic Age complete for $29.99 [/quote]

[quote name='Sushi-X']

Blood: The Last Vampire - $14.99 @ Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharehouse Deals (amazon) has 3 copies of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children for $18.99. Two are listed as having slight cracks in the case, one as having a large crack in the outer case. All still sealed.

Too rich for my taste, but seeing as how it's $24.99 on amazon regularly, not a bad discount.

finding a deal on anime bd's is pretty much like finding a unicorn. that said when you find an Akira-brand uniform, i will be extremely happy.

[quote name='Sushi-X']Good thread.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='exRounder']finding a deal on anime bd's is pretty much like finding a unicorn. that said when you find an Akira-brand uniform, i will be extremely happy.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. It's still 30$ +. At least you'll know where to look.

actually i ordered all those i mention above in amazon with prime, and the eureka for $20.99, Evangelion 1.11 for $19.99 and Gundam Unicorn for $34.99....

[quote name='Astroranagun']actually i ordered all those i mention above in amazon with prime, and the eureka for $20.99, Evangelion 1.11 for $19.99 and Gundam Unicorn for $34.99....[/QUOTE]

Gundam Unicorn is showing 44.99 on amazon.

Best I had found Akira for was $24.99 when Borders was having a 50% off sale a few months back. Nothing that good since, or better than that. Amazon had it for $24.49 at one point, though it's $28.49 right now.

Tekkonkinkreet was $15.99 when I ordered it from JR.com, same pricing for Paprika on the same order. Quite a while back. Amazon's lowest price for both of those was $19.99, according to camelcamelcamel.com . Both are $24.99 each right now.

[quote name='shrike4242']Best I had found Akira for was $24.99 when Borders was having a 50% off sale a few months back. Nothing that good since, or better than that. Amazon had it for $24.49 at one point, though it's $28.49 right now.

Tekkonkinkreet was $15.99 when I ordered it from JR.com, same pricing for Paprika on the same order. Quite a while back. Amazon's lowest price for both of those was $19.99, according to camelcamelcamel.com . Both are $24.99 each right now.[/QUOTE]

You are lucky. I have never seen TEKKONKINKREET under $25.

[quote name='exRounder']i have been away from most anime in a while and had to check amazon to believe there is a gundam unicorn[/QUOTE]

I saw that on my recommended list the other day... thought hmm not a horrible price for a full season.... then I looked at it....

Runtime: 59 mins

Is the case lined with gold? seriously that's just crazy priced.

[quote name='Killerfocus']I'd love a tekkonkinkreet deal.[/QUOTE]

I just assume this and Paprika will never go on sale. I snagged TK on DVD for $3 at Big Lots a while back.

[quote name='Afflicted']I saw that on my recommended list the other day... thought hmm not a horrible price for a full season.... then I looked at it....

Runtime: 59 mins

Is the case lined with gold? seriously that's just crazy priced.[/QUOTE]

actually it's made from gundanium alloy

Unicorn is straight from Japan and not seeing a release outside of Amazon so the price as high as it is doesn't surprise me. I made the mistake of waiting on Gundam Igloo due to the price and now that is just OOP and hard as hell to find.

The price was originally $35 before amazon raised it to $44. And there is going to be 6 volume so the whole thing will cost you at least $250

[quote name='62t']The price was originally $35 before amazon raised it to $44. And there is going to be 6 volume so the whole thing will cost you at least $250[/QUOTE]

Damn guess it pays to preorder early. I'm suddenly reminded of Blue Submarine 6 and that lovely 29.99 MSRP per 30 minute volume.

And I would said the amazon price for Gundam Unicorn should be mentioned on the first post as every importer out there is selling for at least $50 before shipping

[quote name='62t']And I would said the amazon price for Gundam Unicorn should be mentioned on the first post as every importer out there is selling for at least $50 before shipping[/QUOTE]

Updated.

Is it definitely going to go OOP in a few months? I don't tend to get movies right away but if it won't be around for long I'll order it now

[quote name='shrike4242']Tekkonkinkreet was $15.99 when I ordered it from JR.com, same pricing for Paprika on the same order. Quite a while back. Amazon's lowest price for both of those was $19.99, according to camelcamelcamel.com . Both are $24.99 each right now.[/QUOTE]
Dude we got in one the same deal! Was trying to remember where I got it and what price, that was it exactly. I love both of those anime's and didn't think I'd ses BD's of them cheaper - I was right. I think they are both Sony, and Sony LOVES money - if Sony stuff is cheap, snatch it up, I say.

Is Gundam Unicorn supposed to be any good? I have heard that Gundam 00 is very good, but I've never heard anything about Gundam Unicorn.

Question I'm wondering is if the resident anime experts can chime in about this being "real" 1080p or upscaled 1080p like some of the recent releases like Samurai Champloo, Trinity Blood, etc.

Gundam Unicorn is famous among gundam fans because its take place back in UC period and the story takes place after UC0093 Char's Counter Attack....the Heroine of the story is....the small girl in Zeon and under Zabi family in Gundam Zeta series....if you watch the whole Gundam series in UC period you will definitely realize the series is connected.....unlike the Gundam Seed, Wing, Fight, and 00.....

[quote name='coolsteel']Even if it does you could always import the Japanese version down the road[/QUOTE]

Importing Japanese Blu-Ray is not cheap.

Trust me, I should know.

rosarioshrinefront.jpg

$370

[quote name='shrike4242']Question I'm wondering is if the resident anime experts can chime in about this being "real" 1080p or upscaled 1080p like some of the recent releases like Samurai Champloo, Trinity Blood, etc.[/QUOTE]

We won't know until we get a review but given funimation's record I won't buy anything form them on day 1

[quote name='B:L']Importing Japanese Blu-Ray is not cheap.

Trust me, I should know.

rosarioshrinefront.jpg

$370
[/QUOTE]

Cheap now no, cheap a year or two down the line maybe. I'm just saying it isn't the end of the world if it goes OOP here. As for people asking about the quality of the show or the disc, really can't answer it isn't out in Japan either. I've seen the 00 blu rips and those were stunning so I have high hopes.

As much as I like Gundam and Anime, I will never pay $35 for 60 minutes. That's bullshit pricing as part of a ploy to try to con American Anime fans to pay japanese prices. For god's sake, the list price is $50!?! And it's the 1st of six episodes!

I highly recommend against ordering unicorn blu.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']As much as I like Gundam and Anime, I will never pay $35 for 60 minutes. That's bullshit pricing as part of a ploy to try to con American Anime fans to pay japanese prices. For god's sake, the list price is $50!?! And it's the 1st of six episodes!

I highly recommend against ordering unicorn blu.[/QUOTE]

Yea hopefully they release it all on a single blu.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']As much as I like Gundam and Anime, I will never pay $35 for 60 minutes. That's bullshit pricing as part of a ploy to try to con American Anime fans to pay japanese prices. For god's sake, the list price is $50!?! And it's the 1st of six episodes!

I highly recommend against ordering unicorn blu.[/QUOTE]

reminds me of freedom on hd dvd... too bad i never found disc 5...ended up getting the blu set half off at best buy months ago!

bread's done
Back