Blu-ray lightning deal at 9am EST - Starship Troopers Trilogy - $39.45

I loved the first one, never saw the second, and I caught the 3rd on TNT a couple of weekends ago. I was mildly surprised that the 3rd movie was pretty entertaining. It was campy as hell but fun to watch. I was expecting a disaster and came away surprised. Would you like to know more?

The first one was quite good, though the second one was an abomination of the highest order.

I refuse to pick up the trilogy on principle because the second movie was that bad, IMO. I just picked up the first one from the B2G1 sale.

If it's the Starship Troopers trilogy, then I'll be curious to see what the price is.

[quote name='shrike4242']The first one was quite good, though the second one was an abomination of the highest order.

I refuse to pick up the trilogy on principle because the second movie was that bad, IMO. I just picked up the first one from the B2G1 sale.

If it's the Starship Troopers trilogy, then I'll be curious to see what the price is.[/quote]

I second that. I wouldn't mind having #1 on Blu-ray (to replace my old VHS), but #2 is, well, #2. No good at all. Have no idea about #3, but can't have too high hopes for a direct-to-video follow-up of a direct-to-video sequel. Although, as Apostle22 mentioned, I do hear it is better than #2.

Then again, I guess we won't know for sure what the deal even is for another 15 minutes or so.

Important update: I just noticed Jolene Blalock is in #3...may have to be in for one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the trilogy for 20 bucks when circuitcity was going bankrupt. Would I purchase this set for 40 bucks? I would just buy the first one and rent the 3rd. Star ship Troopers 2 is only sold in the trilogy and thank god it isn't sold anywhere else. 2 was just horrible.

[quote name='shrike4242']The first one was quite good, though the second one was an abomination of the highest order.

If it's the Starship Troopers trilogy, then I'll be curious to see what the price is.[/quote]

Have you seen the 3rd one? That had lower production values then most TV shows. Talk about torture.

[quote name='ronin47']Have you seen the 3rd one? That had lower production values then most TV shows. Talk about torture.[/quote]No, but I think I might use a free Redbox rental for it, so I can see it with a clear conscience, knowing I didn't spend any money on it.

I heard it was really really cheeseball.

I would call #3 serviceable, it wasn't a great movie, but I was entertained for the majority of it's run time. Rent it, watch it once, and that's enough.

one was the best one. two i do not even remember was it Hero of the federation? the effects in three was just awful, entertaining but wasn't even worth a dollar rental at red box.

bread's done
Back