Blu-rays Firefly $28 Die Hard Collection $38 Prison Break S1 $30 at Amazon

Wasn't their something that was different from the box set of Die Hard and the stand alone movies?

Fuuuuuck. I just read about the Die Hard set now, and am discovering that Live Free Or Die Hard is actually the theatrical release and is not the unrated release. Plus, there are many gripes about the video quality of the first two movies. That really sucks, as I just picked these up the other day.

Yeah, I missed the last deal on Firefly. Not this time! I was *literally* just sitting here trying to decide what to spend my $25 amazon rewards code on...

[quote name='perdition(troy']I've never seen firefly, but I am thinking of a blind buy. I loved Lost, Lie to Me, Prison Break, Fringe the last few years, will I enjoy this?[/QUOTE]

Firefly is much better than all of those. Its a must have.

I went ahead and snagged the blu ray to replace my DVD set. Thanks OP!

i have never seen firefly, but at this price ill give it a shot.

btw, there currently isnt a unrated or DC of Live Free/Die hard out on bluray. im waiting on that release personally. die hard should not be pg-13... ever.

[quote name='eliter1']Does it really matter what order I watch "Serenity" and "Firefly" in?[/QUOTE]

Serenity is done well enough that it works as a stand alone movie, but its much better if you have seen Firefly.

[quote name='perdition(troy']does serenity give the series a good close, or is it still a lot of loose ends by the time the series is over?[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does a good job at closing the overall story.

Firefly is sooooo good. My wife bought it for me for my birthday last month, and even though the whole space-cowboy thing put her off at first, she ended up loving it, and we watched the whole series in a little over a week.

$28 for Firefly is amazing.

Loved Firefly and Serenity. Own the series on DVD and the movie on BD, but I'm wondering if Firefly is worth the upgrade to BD. I thought I recalled when it first was released that the video quality wasn't that much of a noticeable upgrade.

Still, a great price for those that have yet to experience this magnificent series.

Saw the Firefly price drop from a camelcamelcamel alert (was gonna post it, but you guys beat me to it!).

According to CCC, this is the cheapest FIREFLY Blu-ray has ever been offered. I was all over it.

That's a pretty good price on Season 1 of Prison Break. I think it's usually like $60 or $70.

Season 3 is on sale as well, for $31.99, though it is back-ordered. I grabbed it. It's the only season I don't have on Blu-ray.

[quote name='Ndolger']

According to CCC, this is the cheapest FIREFLY Blu-ray has ever been offered. I was all over it.[/QUOTE]

Technically, it was $25.99 on March 9th, but it was a Gold Box Deal that sold out in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for posting this thread! Just picked up Firefly. I'm another one of those people that missed the last deal awhile back. There wasn't a chance in HELL I was going to miss it again! And thank you Amazon!

Well, decided to upgrade my DVD version to the Blu-ray by trading in the former. Unfortunately, now shipping has been delayed (probably due to overwhelming response to this deal) to anytime between June 9th - 14th. And I'm supposed to move into my new place by then... I suppose I'll change the shipping address to the office or the mum's house.

Yay, one blu-ray Firefly for me! Thanks for posting the deal, Tony208! I missed the last deal on it like a lot of people here, so I've been waiting for another sale on it.

No problem, I bought Firefly a long time ago at $35 and it was a deal for me then. I finally picked up Die Hard, the price was ok but I had some Amazon cred.

I ordered Firefly at that price. I'm a little ambivalent because I already have it non blu ray and I'm not sure if the upgrade was worth it.

It's still a bit much to pay when it was such a short run ... 11 episodes? But I love this show.

[quote name='rothgar24']I ordered Firefly at that price. I'm a little ambivalent because I already have it non blu ray and I'm not sure if the upgrade was worth it.

It's still a bit much to pay when it was such a short run ... 11 episodes? But I love this show.[/QUOTE]

Only 11 episodes aired. I think there are 14 total.

There are some blu-ray exclusive features for Firefly:
*(HD) New 30 minute round table with Joss Whedon(Creator), Ron Glass (Book), Nathan Fillion (Mal), and Alan Tudyk (Wash)
*New Commentary track on "Our Mrs. Reynolds" with the same four people.

I just did a blind-buy on firefly (unintended rhyming, I swear). I've never seen any of the show, but after reading this thread, I decided to give it a try. I've also heard good things about the show from friends for years, so it should make them happy when I finally watch it.

I've never seen anything by Whedon at all for some reason. If I like Firefly as much as everyone else, I'll probably have to give all his shows a try.

I really liked Summer Glau on The Sarah Conner Chronicles and I really like Adam Baldwin on Chuck. It will be interesting to see some of their earlier work.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Serenity is done well enough that it works as a stand alone movie, but its much better if you have seen Firefly.

Yes, it does a good job at closing the overall story.[/QUOTE]

I might not have ordered Firefly if I didn't read this. I'm sure there are still some things left up in the air, but I'm happy knowing there's some semblance of an ending.

I'd glad a already bought Serenity on HDDVD for a cheap price a while back.

:)

Also, I'd definitely buy the Die Hard collection if it had slightly better picture quality. The theatrical Live Free or Die Hard blu ray really kills it for me. Die Hard is one of my favorite films. Die Hard 2 is alright. I absolutely LOVE Die hard with a Vengeance and I really liked the over the top Live Free or Die Hard. $38 is a reasonable enough price for me to upgrade, but I can't overlook the downsides on this one. Hopefully my Amazon credit is better spent on Firefly.

Amazon just e-mailed me saying that my copy of Firefly on BD will be shipping on June 3rd as opposed to being anywhere between the 9th -14th. Was starting to get worried if I bought this too close to my moving date, which is the 7th!

Finally caught it this time! Not missing this price on Firefly, again. I think I've missed it 2 or 3 times already. Thankfully netflix has added to live stream so I can get my fix when necessary but it's definitely a must for my BluRay collection.

Looks like I'll be getting mine tomorrow:

Arrival at Post Office, June 03, 2010, 8:42 am, GREEN BAY, WI 54303
Electronic Shipping Info Received, June 02, 2010

So it looks like it is at my post office but didn't make it out with the delivery today.

bread's done
Back