Blue Dragon $12.99 (Xbox 360) Shipped @ Newegg.com

I agree about Lost Odyssey being better, the game to play first, but no question this is worth owning for full price if you're a big fan of Sakaguchi's stuff/Japanese RPGs. It's story isn't as good (though it has it's moments) and the engine is kind of weak, but the gameplay's pretty strong, as you'd expect.

[quote name='Wolfgame']just posting to say that I think this game is fantastic, i dont usually play the final fantasy style rpgs but I really got into this one and bought it for full price at release and was thoroughly satisfied, i highly recommend the game and this price is an absolute steal, plus you may want to play through it before Blue Dragon Plus is released for the DS in feb so that you are ready for the continued story[/QUOTE]

Or better still, play this and pretend that "sequel" doesn't exist. The coverage I've read recently says it's as terrible as the Final Fantasy 12 "sequel" and the Mana RTS prior to that (they're all by the same developer).

[quote name='CaoPi']wow 10% :roll:, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean it's classic stuff. Not a good starting point-I think Sakaguchi's later games with Square, and Lost Odyssey were all much better, but this is kind of on par with Final Fantasy 5 I (think I) thought.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']I don't know about the others, but if it weren't for topics like this, I would have missed several good deals. I don't mind it when particularly good deals get a new topic every now and then because most of the time I've missed it the first time around.[/QUOTE]

And if Blue Dragon wasn't originally in that thread, then it's worthless-unless we're expected to check every single thread and post on this site every single day in case one of them has been updated.

bread's done
Back