Blue Dragon for 19.99 at FYE, OTD, Apparently HUGE YMMV

xboxxer

CAG Veteran
A bit surprised that I haven't seen a thread on this yet. A search turned up nothing, but if this is a repost, sorry.

Anyways, in today's FYE ad, they are selling Blue Dragon (360) for 19.99.

GS is still selling this for 39.99

Picked it up. Have been waiting for this to drop ...

I would put money this is only city only ad that comes to your mail and shit lol and OP is probably inactive and doesn't care lol

Well, I can "un-confirm" (is that a word?).

The FYE at Torrance has 2 copies with $59.99 sticker, and rings up at $39.99
So no go here.

My FYE not only didn't have a copy of this game, but they are 'clearancing' all their gaming stuff for 30% off (they had crap). And they couldn't add my new trade to my existing merchandise credit card.

OTD = Out the Door

OP should go back to his FYE and try other games... My FYE has all new games at 50% off, but were cleaned out. (They will no longer be selling games)

Maybe this is the case with the OP's FYE as well.

I called 5 FYE's and they are not on sale. Also the ad prices are in the computer when you call asking for a price on a game. If you live near Beachwood, Ohio the Beachwood Mall location is closing. They are at 40% of right now. They are selling Blue Dragon for 42.99 minus 40% off. So for around $25 thats a good deal. I am not sure if any other stores are closing. I just found this out when I called. If you want more info I would call the store direct.

Levittown N.Y. store only had overpriced junk. Original Xbox games for $49.99 and Gamecube games that had stickers on the front that read "Plays on the Wii" also for $39 and up. I did see an Xbox360 Rock band bundle for $199.99...woot!

I know why OP got Blue Dragon for 20 bucks. His FYE is running a video game clearance clear out sale so all video games and video game accessories are 50% off.

I know this because I just dropped by my local FYE in Waldorf, MD and signs were posted 50% off.

Of course YMMV!

Wow ... stop checking the forum for a couple of days, and my humble OP goes to 4 pages. Sorry about not responding sooner, but

OTD == out the door, no rebates.

Sorry to hear that this may be a local deal only. It was listed in my local paper, as a separate FYE flyer on Sunday. It was listed at 19.99, not 1/2 off, or anything like that. And I did pick it up for 20.

If there's interest, I can scan the ad, but I've absolutely no clue how to post a pic, or where to host, etc.. etc.., or even if it will do any good, if FYE doesn't price match.

I guess it should be a YMMV, and a call to the store prior to driving out is in order.

Sorry if anyone was disappointed...

i've got the ad right here. it says "new low prices 19.99" next to a pic of blue dragon. i'd be happy to snap a pic, but don't know how to do the whole link to pic thing. gimme a clue or a link to a how-to, and i'll put it up, if anyone's interested.

Snap ip, upload it to your PC, put it it photobucket or something similar, then get a link from that site, and post it here. Dated ads help too. Clarity also.

Woodland Hills, CA Fry's has this deal. Along with other interesting stuff like Project Stylpheed for $8.96. Didn't buy any of it though, still broke from the CAG Christmas deals barrage.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Levittown N.Y. store only had overpriced junk. Original Xbox games for $49.99 and Gamecube games that had stickers on the front that read "Plays on the Wii" also for $39 and up. I did see an Xbox360 Rock band bundle for $199.99...woot![/quote]

Has the Levittown location ever had anything reasonably priced? Last time I went in the area was probably around three years ago and if it wasn't for the still semi-decent FuncoLand that used to be there most of the shopping felt like a total wash.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't find it, though. I'd suggest maybe over in Smithhaven Mall or perhaps Roosevelt Field, but the former is quite a trip for a possible "swing-and-a-miss" and the latter tends not to be too good on the YMMV front.

[quote name='TyRiKe']Woodland Hills, CA Fry's has this deal. Along with other interesting stuff like Project Stylpheed for $8.96. Didn't buy any of it though, still broke from the CAG Christmas deals barrage.[/quote]

I to woodland hills fry's but I blue dragon was 39.99.
But Assassin's Creed for 360 and PS3 were 39.99 as well.

[quote name='testaroo']I to woodland hills fry's but I blue dragon was 39.99.
But Assassin's Creed for 360 and PS3 were 39.99 as well.[/QUOTE]
It was there on Monday in the afternoon when I went on my Lunch break, maybe they ceased the deal.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']Someone Needs To Get Banned[/QUOTE]

The only mistake he made was not knowing and posting in the thread title that its YMMV. After putting all the info together, you should've come to this conclusion, Veronica Mars. Go back to Neptune. :p

And posting the ad/receipt is not going to help, this deal is only available at some stores. You will just get denied.

OK, edited the thread title. Who knew that FYE ran different local ads?

To the few people who asked for a scan, here's a link:

I hope this is helpful. Sorry about the hassle -- I feel bad that people were driving around to FYE's only to get rejected on the deal.

And to VM, seriously? I should be BANNED because I didn't know that FYE prints geographically-specific ads? Get over yourself.

[quote name='xboxxer']OK, edited the thread title. Who knew that FYE ran different local ads?

I hope this is helpful. Sorry about the hassle -- I feel bad that people were driving around to FYE's only to get rejected on the deal.

And to VM, seriously? I should be BANNED because I didn't know that FYE prints geographically-specific ads? Get over yourself.[/quote]

Well this will be worth trying to PM somewhere. THANKS!

[quote name='chair_home']The only mistake he made was not knowing and posting in the thread title that its YMMV. After putting all the info together, you should've come to this conclusion, Veronica Mars. Go back to Neptune. :p

And posting the ad/receipt is not going to help, this deal is only available at some stores. You will just get denied.[/quote]

I was Kidding!
Calm Down!

-Thank you OP.
I will try to Price Match! Thanks again for the Ad Scan.

-Won't people have trouble matching it, since you can't see the dates on the scan..?

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I was Kidding!
Calm Down!

-Thank you OP.
I will try to Price Match! Thanks again for the Ad Scan.

-Won't people have trouble matching it, since you can't see the dates on the scan..?[/quote]

Yes it will be diffucult to PM it without the dates. But damn it to hell I will be trying at BB and CC.

[quote name='joshnorm']Yes it will be diffucult to PM it without the dates. But damn it to hell I will be trying at BB and CC.[/quote]

SEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='xboxxer']OK, edited the thread title. Who knew that FYE ran different local ads?

[/QUOTE]

What location were these deals at? It seems to me, with the web site down at the bottom that the deal would be universal whether in-store or through their web site.... hmm...

I've been looking for a used version of this game, but if I can find a new copy for this cheap, I'd love to snatch that up!

[quote name='miktau']SEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Zippy Sears located in the vicinity. I have a CC and BB 15 mins away. Have to drive to Sears not worth the 45 min drive. If someone can get this to happen at a Sears and want to work something out PM me

Thanks for the tip. A visit to my local FYE had all new games at 40% off. Most of the good stuff was gone but picked up Blue Dragon for about 24 dollars. Halo 3 was there too on sale. Might go back and get it.

[quote name='Cheapskate07']Thanks for the tip. A visit to my local FYE had all new games at 40% off. Most of the good stuff was gone but picked up Blue Dragon for about 24 dollars. Halo 3 was there too on sale. Might go back and get it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like yours is going out of business or will never be carrying games anymore at the least.

Yeah, we really need a date on this ad. Otherwise it's going to be a major hassle.

EDIT:
There is a date on the ad of "January 2008" in the lower right hand corner on the top row of the fine print.

I went to Best Buy, just got back with the game for the low, low price of $19.99 after a price match!

bread's done
Back