Blue Dragon xbox 360 Amazon 10.98

knightbeauchamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this is a third party vendor who charges shipping. It is still $19.99 direct through Amazon. I finally bite and bought it for $12.99 from NewEgg last week but I haven't started it and have a HUGE backlog of games.

Playing this now, 7.5 hours in. It's fun enough in a low-stress, juvenile kind of way but I'm still waiting for the moment when I realize that it'll be a game I want to play all the way through. Does it kick into high gear at some point?

[quote name='minort tough']Playing this now, 7.5 hours in. It's fun enough in a low-stress, juvenile kind of way but I'm still waiting for the moment when I realize that it'll be a game I want to play all the way through. Does it kick into high gear at some point?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it myself, but apparently the first disc of the game is supposed to be pretty slow and horrible. Apparently it really picks up in the later discs.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I haven't played it myself, but apparently the first disc of the game is supposed to be pretty slow and horrible. Apparently it really picks up in the later discs.[/QUOTE]

this............. keep playing, gets better.

[quote name='minort tough']Playing this now, 7.5 hours in. It's fun enough in a low-stress, juvenile kind of way but I'm still waiting for the moment when I realize that it'll be a game I want to play all the way through. Does it kick into high gear at some point?[/quote]

Did you play on hard? I bought it off Newegg but haven't played yet, but I did play the demo levels 5-6 times through each. The time I did each on normal I was bored, checking my email in the middle of battles and mashing X cause there's almost no way to lose. On hard I got more into it, leaning into the TV thinking of my best strategy, etc. The hard difficulty seemed very close to Grandia 3 difficulty, where without careful attention any regular battle can kill you.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I haven't played it myself, but apparently the first disc of the game is supposed to be pretty slow and horrible. Apparently it really picks up in the later discs.[/quote]

I didnt think so, but I am really getting sick of Japanese type RPGs. Attack, wait, win the battle, do a little dance, repeat 10,000 times.

Morrowind, Oblivion, Buldurs Gate, Mass Effect, etc - all these games made me quit the damn Final Fantasys. :lol:

Does anyone know if Lost Odyssey is the same boring turn based grinding crap?

[quote name='killbot13']Does anyone know if Lost Odyssey is the same boring turn based grinding crap?[/quote]
That's boring? :cool: But to answer your "question," yes.

good price for a good game! i might just bite on this!
transparent_pixel.gif

[quote name='killbot13']I didnt think so, but I am really getting sick of Japanese type RPGs. Attack, wait, win the battle, do a little dance, repeat 10,000 times.

Morrowind, Oblivion, Buldurs Gate, Mass Effect, etc - all these games made me quit the damn Final Fantasys. :lol:

Does anyone know if Lost Odyssey is the same boring turn based grinding crap?[/quote]

I'll agree with you that Morrowind, Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and RPGs like that are fun, but in no way is Lost Odyssey boring. It's a great game.

[quote name='killbot13']I didnt think so, but I am really getting sick of Japanese type RPGs. Attack, wait, win the battle, do a little dance, repeat 10,000 times.

Does anyone know if Lost Odyssey is the same boring turn based grinding crap?[/quote]

I agree with you, typical japanese rpg turn based battles have never been fun to me, they do offer a bit of nostalgia from the old RPGs back when that style of gameplay was new, but the only thing these new JRPGs have that interests me is story and characters.. the gameplay usually sucks (not saying that lost odyssey is like that, I'm just referring to JRPGs in general.)

[quote name='minort tough']Playing this now, 7.5 hours in. It's fun enough in a low-stress, juvenile kind of way but I'm still waiting for the moment when I realize that it'll be a game I want to play all the way through. Does it kick into high gear at some point?[/quote]

Absolutely. First disc is brutal to get through, but soldier through it. The story gets better, and the gameplay gets more interesting as new skills become available. It's kind of like Dragon Quest, where a lot of enjoyment is in seeing all of the bizarre monsters that the game creators came up with. I played the whole way through this game, and it is actually one of my favorites... strangely. I say strangely because all of the negative things that have been said about the game are true. It has tedious gameplay, cheesy dialog, and trite plot twists. Regardless, I still enjoyed it tremendously. Play it with a guide from gamefaqs so that you don't lose any momentum, though.

Was going to pull the trigger finally....Damn shipping. Went in thinking PRIME was going to take care of it.

picked it up on new egg for 12.99 anyone know if this is a "greatest hits" version soryy i dont remeber the xbox name for greatest hits

[quote name='johnmirra']picked it up on new egg for 12.99 anyone know if this is a "greatest hits" version soryy i dont remeber the xbox name for greatest hits[/QUOTE]

no. as far as i know it was never made a platinum hit.

bread's done
Back