Blue flame helmet for use in Halo: Reach & name plate (good for everyone now)

Brother Daz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This was posted at Joystiq.com

"Bungie's giving the flaming helmets in Halo: Reach (plus a special name plate) to anyone who registers on Bungie.net or through the recently released iOS app -- you have until "the close of Bungie Day" on July 7 to get yours. Oh, and if you're wondering about Bungie Aerospace, keep wondering: Bungie's still not talking."

These were originally for bungie employees only

Just register on bungie.net, then theres an applet on the main page of bungie.net that says burn bright. burn blue. that's where you get it once/if you are already registered. just have to provide email and birth date.

www.bungie.net

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/23/bungie-gives-out-blue-flaming-helmets-in-halo-reach/

2d17fy8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes, but that was when it was only good for iOS owners, anyone can do it through bungie.net now[/QUOTE]

The topic mentioned it in the OP "Bungie Mobile came out today, and to celebrate the Halo Series, Bungie is giving away the Blue Flaming Helmets previously only given to Bungie Employees to anyone who downloads their iOS app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bungi...441444902?mt=8 (If you don't have an iOS device, Bungie will be turning on the Blue Flames for everyone from June 23 to July 7)" and there was already a post there with mention on how to do it there. Its not as in depth though.

[quote name='aeroforce325']So where exactly do you find the codes for these items once you've registered? I've gotten a Xbox Live ID, but dont use Xbox Live at all.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a dlc code. if im correct once it's linked you play the game and when you get to the armory that's where you claim the flames correct?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I don't think it's a dlc code. if im correct once it's linked you play the game and when you get to the armory that's where you claim the flames correct?[/QUOTE]

Correct. It is linked to your gamer tag and will automatically appear in-game when you have turned the flames on...

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']I am confused....Do we get to keep it forever now or what?
Sorry if I am sounding like a Newb But I am confused.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. The way it was worded before made it seem like owners of iOS devices got to keep it forever, and that Bungie would make it available for everyone, but it would expire in July. Maybe the "expire" part really meant that July is the cut off for getting in on the deal (i.e. it won't be available if you register after that date)?

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']I'm wondering the same thing. The way it was worded before made it seem like owners of iOS devices got to keep it forever, and that Bungie would make it available for everyone, but it would expire in July. Maybe the "expire" part really meant that July is the cut off for getting in on the deal (i.e. it won't be available if you register after that date)?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering because I can't get the app because I have a first generation iPod touch and I was pissed.

After I sign in on Bungie.net it says I need to link my accounts. I click the provided link and all it does is take me to the Xbox homepage...

I can't help but think the people who got the nameplate prior to this via the Bungie all stars week will be a little disappointed everyone can have one now :p

Is it taking a while to get the verification email for anybody else? Signed up for it last night and haven't received anything yet. Only 18 hours or so, but typically verifications are pretty quick.

Does anyone have any more All-Star Nameplates to give out? I need one for me and my sister.

Gamertags are Kytona and BethanyCassie.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Is it taking a while to get the verification email for anybody else? Signed up for it last night and haven't received anything yet. Only 18 hours or so, but typically verifications are pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

I had the have another verification email sent, that one showed up in a few seconds.

Done. You're welcome!

[quote name='Kytona']Does anyone have any more All-Star Nameplates to give out? I need one for me and my sister.

Gamertags are Kytona and BethanyCassie.[/QUOTE]

can anyone tell me what to do...i signed in with my xbox live account and clicked on the "burn bright. burn blue." tab. what now? when i click on the button for instructions on the landing page i will be redirected to xbox.com >.<
I did not have to enter anything....

They are asking for the All-Star nameplates, which you can only get from the BTB All-stars playlist (but you had to play 5 games in the Invasion playlist between the 13th and 20th this month to unlock it) or the Bungie app.

No, the website gives to the helmet and the Bungie nameplate. The app gives you the helmet, the Bungie nameplate, and the All-Star nameplate (the one people are asking for) :)

Ah, I didn't realize there were two nameplates, thanks.

[quote name='Drizzt87']can anyone tell me what to do...i signed in with my xbox live account and clicked on the "burn bright. burn blue." tab. what now? when i click on the button for instructions on the landing page i will be redirected to xbox.com >.<
I did not have to enter anything....[/QUOTE]

I asked this a couple pages ago with no response. I'm going to send Bungie an email in a day or so.

Done. Enjoy!

[quote name='sturner83']Anyone have anymore All Star Name Plates? I would really appreciate one.

Gamertag: Sethtimus Prime[/QUOTE]

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Done. You're welcome![/QUOTE]

Thanks much! We really appreciate it. We were both away, so we couldn't unlock the playlist and get it ourselves. :D

If anyone has any more all star nameplates could you send me one? GT: KillurBurr

My gold expired and I wasn't able to get on!

bread's done
Back