Blue Nintendo Wii LE LIVE [WALMART]

[quote name='shrike4242']Just a reminder that this model of Wii doesn't have GC controller ports, memory slots or GC backwards compatibility.[/QUOTE]

which means that it's completely lame

wtf is going on tonight, why all these deal drops a day early?! Is black friday gonna start in october next year

[quote name='shrike4242']Just a reminder that this model of Wii doesn't have GC controller ports, memory slots or GC backwards compatibility.[/QUOTE]

That's the same for the SMB Black one as well, right?

[quote name='shadowkast']wtf is going on tonight, why all these deal drops a day early?! Is black friday gonna start in october next year[/QUOTE]

This is actually an early Black Friday 2012 deal.

[quote name='king9x']That's the same for the SMB Black one as well, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty much any wii with the new horizontal design does not play GC anymore.

[quote name='sgaldis']This is actually an early Black Friday 2012 deal.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, it's getting way too late. I can tell as that actually made me literally lol. :drool:

Grabbed one. For $108 shipped for an LE color Wii, I'm glad to have it in my collection. I've got my Mario Red Wii for GC BC, not that I really use it much anymore these days.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='killer9']rarest i doubt it after walmart sells a bajillion of these[/QUOTE]

That won't be more than all of the other colors. Even the Mario Red Wii sold for about 5 months at every retailer in the US. This won't have nearly as much time to sell that much, let alone at a single retailer.

as others said, that makes this model a fail. By the way is the old model even being produced anymore? I see its gone from most shelves. Really too bad. Even if you put the backward compatibility with GC games aside (and thats a big one for me.. with GC component cables costing about 90 bucks) Its just fail that you cant use GC controllers either. They are just so much better for some games than the cruddy wii-mote

Still trying to decide if i should buy one of these to sell online a few months down the road, since i'm imaging they'll pretty much all be gone before x-mas.

*EDIT*
Eh, screw it, i bought one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if I place another order for a second system if the order will go through? Walmart is only allowing 1 per customer, not sure if that's one per order or address. Btw, thanks TC. I really wanted one, I was kinda bummed out that it seemed that it would only be in-store.

[quote name='tenzor']Yeah, pretty much any wii with the new horizontal design does not play GC anymore.[/QUOTE]
That's balls.
I was wondering what the new logo was all about...

I picked one up. Missed the $99 Wii on Best Buy so this will have to do. Already have a Wii with GC support and will just use this one as a second console.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Lame Edition.[/QUOTE]

Double LOL.

Buy it for your kids so they don't wreck your GC games.

No sale for me with no backward compatibility. I too would have probably bought 2. Keep up the excellent marketing techniques nintendo and watch your stocks fall.

[quote name='thx1138']Also read that does not have WiFi or ethernet port. If you want to go online need to buy USB adapter.[/QUOTE]

LMAO, God I can't believe how dumb nintendo has become lately. The moves they are making with the wii right now have me thinking how pitiful and cheap the Wii U might be.

I made two separate orders, they both went through.

Thanks, was looking to pick up a second one.

Don't really care that it does not have wifi or ethernet port, I go online with my 360. Not like the wii has a great robust online community. Don't really care to play old games either. This is perfect for me. I buy collectors editions on the 360 and ps3 that cost more than this. This is an entire system capable of playing games. If you don't like the color that something else, that's up to the individual themselves. To me it's a great collectable item.

happy shopping everyone.

The walmart page says it has wi-fi built in....The Wii's never had a network jack, if I remember correctly.

Besides the lame color, the real drawback is there is NO GAME packed in with it. The best buy deal at $99 for the black super mario brothers is a much better deal. Better color and an actual decent game that you could either play or sell/trade in.

[quote name='K_G'].

Besides the lame color, the real drawback is there is NO GAME packed in with it. The best buy deal at $99 for the black super mario brothers is a much better deal. Better color and an actual decent game that you could either play or sell/trade in.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but I didn't wake up at 6am to get this since it sold out very quickly and the blue wii was actually available. For $99 I can deal with the color and no pack in games. My daughter will probably be using this one the most so the color probably won't be an issue.

[quote name='thx1138']Also read that does not have WiFi or ethernet port. If you want to go online need to buy USB adapter.[/QUOTE]

That may just be for the UK version.

Wal-Mart's product details specifically state:

Product Features:
Built-in Wi-Fi Access For Easy Connection To Internet
Netflix instant streaming functionality allows for thousands of movies, TV shows, cartoons and more right on your TV
The newly configured blue Wii console is designed exclusively for Wii game play and entertainment experiences (Nintendo GameCube software and accessories are not supported)

[quote name='Coltin']which means that it's completely lame[/QUOTE]

Fine for me (I bought the black one with NSMB and free Zelda at Target the other day) as I don't care about playing GC games, nor any Wii games that can use the GC controller like Smash Bros.

Just wanted to play Zelda, Mario Galaxy 2, Donkey Kong Country and a couple other games I missed out on after selling my launch Wii in 2008.

Annnnd OUT OF STOCK AGAIN...

Must have been a few credit cards declined that freed up some stock.

Back in stock again as of 10:55am.

Out of stock again as of 11:03am.

This is obviously signs of orders being canceled/declined, and the little stock left being thrown back up for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back