Bluetooth Headset For PS3 (POLL) Need A Mods Help!

Gspoon

CAGiversary!
Also include the model #

Here is a list of compatible headsets
OLD_Plantronics Explorer 220 v2.0
NEW_Official PS3 Headset

Sorry about the Poll
I thought it was set up so anyone could view the results. (Mods Please set poll so everyone can see results)

here are the results so far

Official PS3 Headset 38
Jabra 13
Platronics 5
Motorola 9
LG 3

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a motorola h375 that seems to work fine. I don't use it a lot with the ps3 though. I mainly just talk on the cell (using the moto h375) with my nephew when we're playing online. It's small and the volume is decent but I think the battery life seems a little short to me - something like 2-3 hrs talk time.

I use the Official PS Headset from Tom Clancy's Endwar Bundle which is on sale for $49.99 at Best Buy. So good luck finding one.

I use an LG HBM 850, I believe that's the model number. I also had the official Sony one but didn't like how it felt on my ear so I sent that off to a friend of mine and he likes it. I also had the Jabra 125 and while it wasn't great it wasn't bad either for the time.

Official headset. It's the best for PS3 just for the HQ mode alone. I do wish it was more comfortable though.

I use the Jabra that I got from a Target clearance Warhawk bundle. $19.99 was a deal I couldnt turn down for a BT headset and game.

is there another headset that can be bought that will provide the HQ audio that the Official Sony head set provides?

Are there any headsets that have a talk button? Like, something similar to the 360 headset where you can hear people talking but when you decide to talk you can press a button or flip a switch? I hate the idea of not being able to mute myself unless I turn off the headset completely.

[quote name='Kanik']Are there any headsets that have a talk button? Like, something similar to the 360 headset where you can hear people talking but when you decide to talk you can press a button or flip a switch? I hate the idea of not being able to mute myself unless I turn off the headset completely.[/QUOTE]

the official headset has a mute button

I think either a headset will have a mute button, or you have to push both volume buttons and it mutes it.

I use a motorola h700 headset, but I don't usually play a lot of online games where I would be required to talk. If a kick ass game comes out that makes buying the official one than I'll go for it, but for me it wouldn't be worth the buy currently.

Currently using the Official Playstation headset, used to use the Jabra that came with Warhawk, also have a logitech usb for use when the occasion calls for it.

Thanks for all the post and votes !

btw End War @ BB is back to $89 :wall:
I looked yesterday 1 day late i guess

I have the official ps3 headset from the Endwar bundle. However, I don't get much use out of it. Especially since I don't play any fps games. Any other game, no one talks. I'm even tempted to bite on those overpriced wireless keypads.

Damn Sony and their persuasive ways.

I had a Jabra beforehand and it was unconfortable. My ear was left bruised after a good 20-30 minutes (the rubber was as hard as the plastic it was covering). Maybe it was because I have big ears, but the ps3 headset is by far more comfortable. Plus, I love how it syncs with the ps3 for on screen display. I haven't tested the standalone microphone feature when docked, but I assume it's fine. The headset picks up the slightest of sounds though. I can definitely hear the echo of my pad buttons being pressed coming from other mics. And of course it can pick up the sound from the tv.

i use the official one. took me over a month and many questions here to get it to pair. =). if you have any questions about pairing it, i can help. since im using the headset, i dont know how good hq sounds on the other end.

Sorry about that i thought i had it set so everyone could see the results.

i would edit the poll but i cant find the option

[quote name='enufs8d']i use the official one. took me over a month and many questions here to get it to pair. =). if you have any questions about pairing it, i can help. since im using the headset, i dont know how good hq sounds on the other end.[/quote]

I could use some help i just bought one yesterday (Socom Bundle) i got it to *Manually sync. My problem is plug n play auto sync wont work there for i have no HQ mode. that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing

Sony offers no help, so any recommendations would be a great help.

I'm switching over to the PS3 Headset from a Plantronics 510. It worked like a charm. Hopefully the official headset is a little better.

[quote name='Gspoon']I could use some help i just bought one yesterday (Socom Bundle) i got it to *Manually sync. My problem is plug n play auto sync wont work there for i have no HQ mode. that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole thing

Sony offers no help, so any recommendations would be a great help.[/quote]
Ok, to pair it with the PS3 remove the existing wireless headset or any previous headset you had paired via bluetooth. (go to settings > Acessory settings > manage bluetooth devices and press triangle after highlighting the headset/bluetooth device/etc. and select "delete".)

(assuming PS3 is on)

Then, take your headset and open the plastic cover/flap for the mini-b usb port which is near the base end of the headset, and plug in the usb cable.

Then plug in the other male usb end into the ps3, wait a couple seconds and it should pair. You'll see a small window on the top right notifying you that it's connected. Usually it'll say immediately after, headset disconnected, because it turns off when it is charging via usb or the dock.

Now you can remove the headset from the usb and hold the power button for like 2-3 seconds until the power light blinks green.

Then you should be good to go.

i did everything option said to but never got the pop up. it usually stalls at the green blinking stage. i solved my issue by highlighting wireless headset and then hit triangle. and click connect. it worked from then on. when i look into the headset properties, i see the third line of HQ on/off. hence, i think i got to work properly.

option.iv - under the bd devices, does it register the official headset as a specific company/corporate name (eg: motorolla?). mine just says wireless headset.

[quote name='enufs8d']i did everything option said to but never got the pop up. it usually stalls at the green blinking stage. i solved my issue by highlighting wireless headset and then hit triangle. and click connect. it worked from then on. when i look into the headset properties, i see the third line of HQ on/off. hence, i think i got to work properly.

option.iv - under the bd devices, does it register the official headset as a specific company/corporate name (eg: motorolla?). mine just says wireless headset.[/quote]
Mine says wireless headset as well.

So do you now get the top right notification window whenever you turn on/off or change volume on the headset? If so, then you're good to go.

When my headset is on, it usually is blinking green intermittently. like every 2 or 3 secs it blinks green.

I do get the notification when I turn it off and on. There are times when I can only stand sooo much of adolescent poser talk or just mic echoes. Hence, it goes off.

But I don't get how you tell if you pushed the mute button besides that constant occasional beeping noise. It would have been cool if the mute button flashed/blinked red to indicate mute. Or I wish there was a mute volume w/o manually turning volume down.

[quote name='option.iv']Ok, to pair it with the PS3 remove the existing wireless headset or any previous headset you had paired via bluetooth. (go to settings > Acessory settings > manage bluetooth devices and press triangle after highlighting the headset/bluetooth device/etc. and select "delete".)

(assuming PS3 is on)

Then, take your headset and open the plastic cover/flap for the mini-b usb port which is near the base end of the headset, and plug in the usb cable.

Then plug in the other male usb end into the ps3, wait a couple seconds and it should pair. You'll see a small window on the top right notifying you that it's connected. Usually it'll say immediately after, headset disconnected, because it turns off when it is charging via usb or the dock.

Now you can remove the headset from the usb and hold the power button for like 2-3 seconds until the power light blinks green.

Then you should be good to go.[/quote]

Thanks i didnt even notice the 1.1usb slot on the headset. it worked like a charm, i think HQ mode actually does help w sound quality.

I wish the official headsets mic had a lil retractable boom its considerably lower than the jabra in terms of mic volume i think

bread's done
Back