Bluetooth issues?

halfbent

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I've got an LG HBM-310 headset that I can get to pair with the system, but for some reason I can't hear any voice through, nor transmit voice. Is there a setting I'm missing other than pairing/connecting the headset or is it just a model that doesn't work with the system for some reason?

What you'll want to do is go to the Settings tab on the XMB, then Accessory Settings, and finally Audio Device Settings. If you want to speak as well as hear, you need to make sure that your LG HBM is selected as the device for both output and input. Whenever I had issues with headsets (especially setting them up initially) it was usually because some other device was taking up one of those slots.

Excellent, thank you! Is odd how they seem to bury some of these settings compared to the 360 way of having it all in one place more or less. Input was set to do not use, and Output as system default; should work now having both set to my bluetooth. :)

The setting /somewhat/ worked. After actually using it tonight, I could hear audio fine through the bluetooth, but could not actually speak through it. Both Input and Output are set to the same headset and I can hear myself on the Audio Device Settings screen, but the headset doesn't actually work in game.

Sony_Playstation_3_Bluetooth_headset.jpg

That's a great suggestion. Want to send the unemployed guy here $50 for it? =P

The PS3 supports any bluetooth, it's just likely I'm missing something being a new owner.

bread's done
Back