Blur for PC $35.98 at Amazon w/ FSSS

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002AQNT96/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Hey guys, Blur was released yesterday, and already Amazon is slashing their prices on it. It's just $4 off the MSRP of $39.99, but $4 off is $4 off, and that's $15 cheaper than their console counterparts.

If you're wondering what Blur is, it's basically an arcade-style racer with Power Ups, similar to Mario Kart, but instead of karts, you race around in real life cars. Car handling is very arcadey. You don't have to worry about complex car simulation stats like you do in Gran Turismo or Forza 3. Action is extremely fast paced and chaotic, and you can go online with up 20 players. Single player mode is rather involved too.

Edit: Oh by the way, I actually bought this game on Steam and played online. It's a decent port, works with XBox 360 controllers right off the bat. Keyboard play is pretty decent. PC community is a bit on the small side, most I've seen online is around 80-100 people.

Check out my review that's on the Amazon page. Ignore the one by the soccer mom - the other one is the one you want to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have this for PC? I'm interested in the game but don't want to buy the PC version to save money and then find there's nobody online.

[quote name='Killbomb']Anybody have this for PC? I'm interested in the game but don't want to buy the PC version to save money and then find there's nobody online.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to how well the porting was. I expect to see this on the Steam holiday sale for

Definitely seems like the reviews are generally leaning towards Split/Second being the better game, which is interesting since it seems like everyone was expecting the opposite from the demos...

Oh by the way, I actually bought this game on Steam. It's a decent port, works with XBox 360 controllers right off the bat. Keyboard play is pretty decent. PC community is a bit on the small side, most I've seen online is around 80-100 people.

Check out my review that's on the Amazon page. Ignore the one by the soccer mom - the other one is the one you want to look at.

[quote name='Keirnoth']Oh by the way, I actually bought this game on Steam. It's a decent port, works with XBox 360 controllers right off the bat. Keyboard play is pretty decent. PC community is a bit on the small side, most I've seen online is around 80-100 people.

Check out my review that's on the Amazon page. Ignore the one by the soccer mom - the other one is the one you want to look at.[/QUOTE]

Lay off the soccer mom crap. There are plenty of mom's and women out there who know that computer games have specs you have to pay attention to. :bomb:

[quote name='Justin42']Definitely seems like the reviews are generally leaning towards Split/Second being the better game, which is interesting since it seems like everyone was expecting the opposite from the demos...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't seem that way to me. The only "bad" review of Blur is the 7 from IGN, everybody else has given it an 8 or above (so far). I'd say they're on equal ground.

Both demos were a lot of fun, but I feel Blur would keep me playing longer than Split/Second would.

[quote name='goodnews13']Hmmm...odd comment. The multiplayer on Split is INCREDIBLE.[/QUOTE]

It's shallow online

[quote name='Nesrie']Lay off the soccer mom crap. There are plenty of mom's and women out there who know that computer games have specs you have to pay attention to. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but there are even more that don't know that :p

[quote name='goodnews13']Hmmm...odd comment. The multiplayer on Split is INCREDIBLE.[/QUOTE]

It's fun but you either have to buy the cars on the marketplace for a few bucks or progress a good way through season to stand a chance. There are no limits on the cars that can be used in public matches. The ranking system is very shallow compared to Blur as well. S/S is tons of fun but I think I would agree that Blur looks like the better choice if you are interested in online play.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Yes, but there are even more that don't know that :p[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, got anyway to prove that? Most likely this is right up there with old folks claiming young people are runining society... just bs.

[quote name='bigloser']They have the same average on MetaCritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/blur

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/splitsecond

Buy Split Secound if you want to play alone, buy Blur if you want to play multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, interesting. I was going off more just the impressions I've been reading around the web on various sites, which seemed to be going towards SS being better; maybe it's just been because of the difference between SP and MP...

[quote name='Justin42']Hrm, interesting. I was going off more just the impressions I've been reading around the web on various sites, which seemed to be going towards SS being better; maybe it's just been because of the difference between SP and MP...[/QUOTE]
SS is inferior in every way but graphics.

Eurogamer rated it high, eh?

That's good to hear, since Eurogamer's usually hard on games. But like I said, get it! I'll keep an eye out for a price drop on the X360 version, as I want to get that version too to get access to the X360 community.

bread's done
Back