Bodycount (ps3) $9.99 @ Amazon $12 (xbox 360)

Omg My friend and I were trying to remember the name of this game. We played the demo and laughed our asses off. The aiming was so bad and enemies drop crackdown orbs

bodycount.jpg

I wanted to like this game. It's a real underdog but I couldn't finish it.

It's got huge, aimless open levels, ragdolls, fun guns, but it irritates more than anything else. Same reason I never finished Black. Too hard, not enough checkpoints. Only here it's got regen health so you playing bad means you die instantly rather than you have to play cautiously until the next health kit.

So I blame regen health. Plus it isn't as innately fun as Black and as unique and striking as the environments are they feel like a big featureless copy-paste blur of Halo-esque or OoE-esque proportions.

Back when I had a 360 I played the demo for it and PS3, the 360 demo seemed to run a bit better/faster. Honestly $5 would be a better price for the game on both systems. The $10 price tag may sound appealing, however for this game it's too much. No joke about the aiming being way off, one had to pretty much aim away from the enemies in order to shoot them IIRC.

I soooo badly wanted to love Body Count, but it was just terrible.

Black was one of the most fun shooters PS2/XBox era. Played through it several times.

bread's done
Back