BOGO Free Skylanders at TRU today only 12/18

Just a heads up.  This is Online only, and it states its for Skylander Giants and Spyros Adventure Single Figures.

Might not work with Swap Force figures or character bundles. (althought I haven't tested it)

EDIT: Mmmh, it seems to work on Swap Force Figures, Im getting the discount before checking out.  Good deal on some of them.  Tempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn this was good last time when the figures were down to $4.99, but that was only for Spyro figures. are the giant figures a good deal at $15.99 for two?

I was able to get it to work on TRU exclusive Zoo Lou and Jolly Bumble Blast, both of which are swap force figures.

Thanks for the info, didn't know it was online only. Was in a rush to goto work when I posted this. Sucks it doesn't work on the swapable swapforce characters, they are 2 for $22.

I just got off the phone with my store, and the store manager approved them matching this deal.  Obviously, YMMV.

Can anyone forward me the email?  I can't find it for some reason, and they want me to bring it in store.

Liquid Metal said:
Anyone try this instore yet?
I was in TRU today for other reasons and my store has Skylanders BOGO signs everywhere. I'm assuming it is only on the older versions and probably would not work for newer ones. Lot of the stuff was already gone. I didn't look closer. N.Olmsted OH store.

RedvsBlue said:
I was able to get it to work on TRU exclusive Zoo Lou and Jolly Bumble Blast, both of which are swap force figures.
I haven't placed order but I can get these to show up in cart also. Items show I can pick up within an hour at my TRU. I was there, the stock is very low. Do they just cancel my order if they can't find any on the shelf even though I'm guaranteed to pick up in an hour?

Edit: My order went through completely. Now I have to wait for the pickup email. Won't be able to do that until tomorrow. I also had a $5 gift card code TRU had sent me by email so I'm happy with getting the two figs for less than $7 with tax.

My son will already be overloaded on Disney Infinity and Skylanders crap this xmas so I'm not getting any of the other regular figs. Swap figs are just too expensive, I'll wait until they're on clearance in 2014.

This is in their Weekly Ad section on their website, specifically the Wednesday 1-Day Sale Ad. All Skylanders Giants Reg. $10.99 & 15.99 are Buy 1 Get 1 Free.

I hate that TRU marks up the figures above MSRP just because they're the main retailer for them. Even worse than the swappable figures are being marked up $2 now instead of the $1 they've usually done.

tried it with the lightcore grim creeper and star strike. Discount doesnt apply.

It looks like this works on the plain Swap Force figures, doesn't on the lightcore, and the swappables trigger the 2 for $22 promo.

How are you guys getting them online?  I'm just getting a $5.00 off per.  Is there a coupon code or something?

AUSyTyIN said:
How are you guys getting them online? I'm just getting a $5.00 off per. Is there a coupon code or something?
I picked the two figs referenced earlier cause I wasn't looking for any specific ones. When you proceed through checkout but before you pay it should adjust one of the two figs to $0.00.

I did not test any other figs but someone else posted it won't work on lightcore or the swap figs.

It works in store but not for the swapforce characters mentioned. They had signs for it and everything. Tripple packs qualify as well but only Spyro and Giants packs.

I was able to get Ninjini and Thumpback in store for $16.  Haven't seen many sales on Ninjini and didn't mind adding a 4th giant in Thumpback for the kiddies.

TRU have 2 giants Swap force Legendary 2 for $22 (Free $5 E-Gift Card Each) - $10 E Gift Card = $12 for 2 Giants Figure is not bad deal!

TRU have 2 giants Swap force Legendary 2 for $22 (Free $5 E-Gift Card Each) - $10 E Gift Card = $12 for 2 Giants Figure is not bad deal!
I don't think you're reading that right. It says you get a $5 gift card if you order a gift card of $50 or more.

Eitherway, this was a good deal on the only two skylander swap force figures which I could find for in store pickup. Ordered both for less than $12, good enough price on them.

Bought Swap Force for the boy for xmas this year, and thought the three guys looked a little anemic.  Got two giants and two regulars for $28.  Awesome deal.

bread's done
Back