Boise State's Jared Zabransky cover of NCAA 08

wow. this is the stupidest cover selection ever. he made one or two great plays and now he gets a game cover? come on, most people dont even know him. you gotta put a marketable guy as the cover. Im a huge SC fan, and Id rather see Brady Quinn on this great game than this guy

he might not even be drafted

It was more the play calling than the actual play in that game too.. plus he threw a pick six to get them there :) but does this really need its own thread... lol

If anyone from BSU should have gotten picked, it should've been Ian Johnson. He's the reason they made it as far as they did.

Hey freesn, you'd rather see Quinn? You're nuts man. You must be a bandwagon jumper if you'd rather see a ND guy on the cover rather than an underdog. Keep on jumpin'.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']Come back down to Athens anytime! We love him down here too.[/quote]
Haha. Bring up two seasons ago nice. I'll bring up this year: Way to take it to Vandy between the Hedges. That was respectable. Maybe you can take big ole Vandy down at there place next year. Heard it's a pretigious place to play ;).

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']Haha. Bring up two seasons ago nice. I'll bring up this year: Way to take it to Vandy between the Hedges. That was respectable. Maybe you can take big ole Vandy down at there place next year. Heard it's a pretigious place to play ;).[/quote]

Want to run through your schedule and talk about the awesome teams you guys play? When you came to town you were just another shitty out of conference team, and nothing has changed. :lol:

[quote name='tavarua88']lets talk about this coming year! you know the team to beat in the WAC will be Hawaii, Brennan for the Heisman![/quote]

I agree with that. Don't they have their receivers back, too? They always seem to reload with those big Hawaiians on the line. Should be a great game on the island.

SC would destroy Boise State. Boise State barely beat a crappy Oklahoma team. Dont give me this, we lost to fucla and OSU, we beat the team everyone said should b ein NC game, Michigan. We crushed them. Thats talent. Were in teh PAC 10 not some crap of a conference Boise State calls the WAC> THats a nice little pretty win you guys win, but you guys are not ready for the big boys.

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']Want to run through your schedule and talk about the awesome teams you guys play? When you came to town you were just another shitty out of conference team, and nothing has changed. :lol:[/quote]

I love this. BSU beat as many ranked teams as Georgia (OU, OSU, UH), and didn't drop the easy ones (Vandy and Kentucky) like you guys did. Also, I would love to see Georgia come play BSU on the turf. The SEC schools never come west to play anyone. They always have everyone go play them in their stadiums (excluding Arkansas, much repect to Coach Nutt).

[quote name='freesn001']SC would destroy Boise State. Boise State barely beat a crappy Oklahoma team. Dont give me this, we lost to fucla and OSU, we beat the team everyone said should b ein NC game, Michigan. We crushed them. Thats talent. Were in teh PAC 10 not some crap of a conference Boise State calls the WAC> THats a nice little pretty win you guys win, but you guys are not ready for the big boys.[/quote]

Nice game against OSU. Almost as bad as the 42-14 thumping we gave them earlier in the year. And where did this come from? I never dogged USC, they are a better team. I just can't believe you would want friggin Brady Quinn on the cover rather than an underdog. What are you responding to with this comment? Did I say BSU would win the Pac-10? Did I say USC was a bad team? You need to get off the 'roids man. Calm down.

we got 3 out of our 4 WRs back and most of our oline albeit the guys we lost are awesome, Satele our center is projected to go late first round in the draft. what only concerns me now is that glanville our d-cord just left to coach Port. St. As far as WAC teams not being even with the the Pac-10 I'll agree to a point where I think the top 3 in the WAC could compete with the middle of the group in the Pac-10. Not saying that our conferences are even but they're not that far apart. You really think Stanford and Washington would beat Boise St?:roll:

anyhow good to see that a WAC guy gets the cover.

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']I agree with that. Don't they have their receivers back, too? They always seem to reload with those big Hawaiians on the line. Should be a great game on the island.[/quote]

I'm a Notre Dame fan and I would rather see Zabransky on the cover and not Quinn. The Boise State/Oklahoma game was fucking sweet.

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']I love this. BSU beat as many ranked teams as Georgia (OU, OSU, UH), and didn't drop the easy ones (Vandy and Kentucky) like you guys did. Also, I would love to see Georgia come play BSU on the turf. The SEC schools never come west to play anyone. They always have everyone go play them in their stadiums (excluding Arkansas, much repect to Coach Nutt).[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. . . Auburn did a home and home with USC in 2002 and 2003, Arky did it in 2005 and 2006. MSU is currently doing a home and home with West Virginia, and Auburn is doing it in 2008 and 2009.

And seriously, do you think Boise State can hang in the SEC? We're talking about a conference where the 2nd, and arguably 3rd, best team won the National Champinoship. Boise State would be the Vanderbilt: the team that plays everyone tough but loses in the end.

[quote name='tavarua88']we got 3 out of our 4 WRs back and most of our oline albeit the guys we lost are awesome, Satele our center is projected to go late first round in the draft. what only concerns me now is that glanville our d-cord just left to coach Port. St. As far as WAC teams not being even with the the Pac-10 I'll agree to a point where I think the top 3 in the WAC could compete with the middle of the group in the Pac-10. Not saying that our conferences are even but they're not that far apart. You really think Stanford and Washington would beat Boise St?:roll:

anyhow good to see that a WAC guy gets the cover.[/quote]

BSU goes to UW next season. I'm glad Hawaii thumped on ASU in the bowl game. I think BSU, Fresno, and Hawaii could all compete in the Pac-10; especially with the home and home schedule. I'm not saying a WAC team would win the Pac-10, but I do beleive a top 3 finish wouldn't be out of the question.

SEC is overrated.
[quote name='munch']Hmmmm. . . Auburn did a home and home with USC in 2002 and 2003, Arky did it in 2005 and 2006. MSU is currently doing a home and home with West Virginia, and Auburn is doing it in 2008 and 2009.

And seriously, do you think Boise State can hang in the SEC? We're talking about a conference where the 2nd, and arguably 3rd, best team won the National Champinoship. Boise State would be the Vanderbilt: the team that plays everyone tough but loses in the end.[/quote]

[quote name='naes']SEC is overrated.[/QUOTE]

Ok, show me how. 3 teams in the top 10, home to the national champion, 2 BCS bowl winners, and went 5-3 in bowl games. And they weren't all crappy bowls either. I've gotta say, that looks pretty good.

[quote name='munch']Hmmmm. . . Auburn did a home and home with USC in 2002 and 2003, Arky did it in 2005 and 2006. MSU is currently doing a home and home with West Virginia, and Auburn is doing it in 2008 and 2009.

And seriously, do you think Boise State can hang in the SEC? We're talking about a conference where the 2nd, and arguably 3rd, best team won the National Champinoship. Boise State would be the Vanderbilt: the team that plays everyone tough but loses in the end.[/quote]
I had given credit to Ark already. WV is on the east coast, so nice point. Nice one with Auburn. I can top that with last season alone. Cal to Tenn...Colo. to Georgia...USC to Ark (as we both stated)...Wazzu to Auburn...Arizona and Fresno to LSU...Hawaii to Bama...Have I made my point. The SEC is scared to travel. Georgia won't be comin to Boise, LSU won't go to Fresno, because they don't want to be embarrassed by a "mid-major" team. Instead, they will have a home game hyped up saying "look at us, we'll play the small guys, in our giant stadiums though." Can't wait to see one of them make the trip. I'm not saying these teams would lose on the west, but I do think the odds would be against them.

Yes, that sounds good, but look how hyped they were. When the season started, everyone was riding their jock straps. They did great but not as good as the hype.
[quote name='munch']Ok, show me how. 3 teams in the top 10, home to the national champion, 2 BCS bowl winners, and went 5-3 in bowl games. And they weren't all crappy bowls either. I've gotta say, that looks pretty good.[/quote]

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']I had given credit to Ark already. WV is on the east coast, so nice point. Nice one with Auburn. I can top that with last season alone. Cal to Tenn...Colo. to Georgia...USC to Ark (as we both stated)...Wazzu to Auburn...Arizona and Fresno to LSU...Hawaii to Bama...Have I made my point. The SEC is scared to travel. Georgia won't be comin to Boise, LSU won't go to Fresno, becuase they don't want to be embarrassed by a "mid-major" team. Instead, they will have a home game hyped up saying "look at us, we'll play the small guys, in our giant stadiums though." Can't wait to see one of them make the trip.[/QUOTE]

So, if you're the champ, do you go someone else's house looking for a fight, or do you let them come to you? I don't think it's a fear thing, as your guys as the "underdog" think it is. It's more about respect and if you think you can knock us out, you come to us.

And really, you think home field advantage would have helped some of those teams? Auburn beat the crap out of WSU, LSU did the same with Fresno, and it was no contest when Boise State played.

So keep telling yourself that the SEC is somehow "scared" to play you guys. Whatever helps you sleep at night :roll:.

[quote name='naes']Yes, that sounds good, but look how hyped they were. When the season started, everyone was riding their jock straps. They did great but not as good as the hype.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Are you somehow confusing the SEC with the Big 10? There was absolutely no hype for the SEC! The 3rd week of the year Auburn played LSU. That was without a doubt the biggest game of that week. Gameday was in LA for the USC/Nebraska game. Hell, Gameday had a counter for the OSU/Michigan game from like the 6th week on. There was way more hype and national coverage for the Big 10 and Pac-10 than the SEC.

No one expected as SEC team to win it all this year. But they did. And I don't see how the underachieved at all. Maybe a team like Auburn like underachieved, but Arkansas, Kentucky, and USC all overachieved.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I could have sworn the SEC was hyped all the time by CBS.
[quote name='munch']Wait, what? Are you somehow confusing the SEC with the Big 10? There was absolutely no hype for the SEC! The 3rd week of the year Auburn played LSU. That was without a doubt the biggest game of that week. Gameday was in LA for the USC/Nebraska game. Hell, Gameday had a counter for the OSU/Michigan game from like the 6th week on. There was way more hype and national coverage for the Big 10 and Pac-10 than the SEC.

No one expected as SEC team to win it all this year. But they did. And I don't see how the underachieved at all. Maybe a team like Auburn like underachieved, but Arkansas, Kentucky, and USC all overachieved.[/quote]

probably cuz CBS has the rights to broadcast SEC games. ABC/ESPN is guilty of this as well except they hype up the Big East/Pac 10/Big 10.

[quote name='freesn001']SC would destroy Boise State. Boise State barely beat a crappy Oklahoma team. Dont give me this, we lost to fucla and OSU, we beat the team everyone said should b ein NC game, Michigan. We crushed them. Thats talent. Were in teh PAC 10 not some crap of a conference Boise State calls the WAC> THats a nice little pretty win you guys win, but you guys are not ready for the big boys.[/QUOTE]

Beating Michigan is not that impressive. Yes, they have talent, but they also have a coach who is so terrified of making mistakes that he never takes any chances. Carr thinks if he keeps the ball on the ground and doesn't turn it over, he will win because he has better players. Why else would he build his offense around a slow, undersized running back like Mike Hart when he has guys like Henne and Manningham? I don't know how he can recruit QBs when he doesn't let them throw the damn ball. He uses the passing game as a last resort. If you need proof, look at the Michigan State game 3 years ago. Carr waited until his team was down 17 in the 4th quarter before he realized that throwing deep to Braylon Edwards was a good idea. You might remember him. He was probably the best reciever in the country, and to say he was a mismatch for MSU's running back-turned-DB Jaren Hayes is the understatement of the century. Long story short, Michigan won in overtime thanks to 3 Edwards TDs. Be glad you have Pete Carroll. IMO, he's the best coach is the country. He's a hell of a recruiter and he's not afraid to let his best players play. It's no wonder they're in the national championship picture every year.

[quote name='freesn001']there were no regional covers last year. Reggie Bush was everywhere and thank god for that. REGGIE BUSH IS GOD[/QUOTE]

Reggie Bush getting jacked up on the first play of the playoff game against Philly and then crawling off the field was priceless.

[quote name='naes']I'm a Notre Dame fan and I would rather see Zabransky on the cover and not Quinn. The Boise State/Oklahoma game was fucking sweet.[/quote]
QFT. Boise State was such a great story this year.

[quote name='freesn001']there were no regional covers last year. Reggie Bush was everywhere and thank god for that. REGGIE BUSH IS GOD[/quote]Maybe that was last years NCAA Baseball game, but I do remember GameStop's giving away regional cover inserts to people for one of those college games.

i think it was the mascots covers you could download for free on EA but i do remember them giving away at the store as well.

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']I love this. BSU beat as many ranked teams as Georgia (OU, OSU, UH), and didn't drop the easy ones (Vandy and Kentucky) like you guys did. Also, I would love to see Georgia come play BSU on the turf. The SEC schools never come west to play anyone. They always have everyone go play them in their stadiums (excluding Arkansas, much repect to Coach Nutt).[/quote]

9-4 in our rebuilding year is fine by me. We just took the strange way to get there. :lol

We have home and homes scheduled with Arizona State, Colorado, Oklahoma State, and one of the Oregon schools (I forget which). Our new athletic director has done a great job filling the schedule with some interesting matchups, but as you know these things are made years in advance.

All the tough talk about UGA or another SEC, Big 10, etc. team coming up to Idaho to play on your blue field sounds great, but think about it. What does a big-time program have to gain from coming up there? Nothing. It's completely a lose-lose situation.

I hear you guys are building boxes and upgrading the stadium and such, which is a good start to getting a program up there. Next you guys need to convince the PAC-10 to let you join. That's the only way you'll ever get any respect. You can crow about beating the worst Bob Stoops team in 6 years, Oregon frickin State (when are they going to play South Carolina, anyway?), and Hawaii (serious, Clark?) but you won't get national championship respect until you beat teams on par or better than those for most of the season. Take a look at Florida's schedule and you can see why their one loss is much much more impressive than your undefeated season. Join the Pac-10. Until then, see you in Athens!

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']9-4 in our rebuilding year is fine by me. We just took the strange way to get there. :lol

We have home and homes scheduled with Arizona State, Colorado, Oklahoma State, and one of the Oregon schools (I forget which). Our new athletic director has done a great job filling the schedule with some interesting matchups, but as you know these things are made years in advance.

All the tough talk about UGA or another SEC, Big 10, etc. team coming up to Idaho to play on your blue field sounds great, but think about it. What does a big-time program have to gain from coming up there? Nothing. It's completely a lose-lose situation.

I hear you guys are building boxes and upgrading the stadium and such, which is a good start to getting a program up there. Next you guys need to convince the PAC-10 to let you join. That's the only way you'll ever get any respect. You can crow about beating the worst Bob Stoops team in 6 years, Oregon frickin State (when are they going to play South Carolina, anyway?), and Hawaii (serious, Clark?) but you won't get national championship respect until you beat teams on par or better than those for most of the season. Take a look at Florida's schedule and you can see why their one loss is much much more impressive than your undefeated season. Join the Pac-10. Until then, see you in Athens![/quote]

Finally, a worthwhile post. I agree with every point you've made in this response. While this may be the worst OU team in 6 seasons, they still had Adrian, who is not too shabby. I also know that big time programs have nothing to gain by coming to Boise. Oregon will be here '09, and BSU goes there in '08. The UF-AU game was awesome. I wish BSU would go to the Pac-10, but it won't happen for a long time. It's hard for me to get into the BSU games, because of the level of competition in the WAC. Other than Fresno, Hawaii and OSU, BSU doesn't play any cometition at home. I'm really a huge Oregon Duck fan, but went here for school, because Oregon doesn't have engineering, and I won't become a damn Beaver. I fly home for al the big UO games at Autzen, that place gets rockin'. The fans here beleive that BSU is the best team in the world, which I assume is where all your hostility has come from. I had this huge argument with this guy here who thought BSU could take it to USC, Ohio St., etc. I even made the comment, "You make me want to hate BSU." I'm aware where this program is, and what it needs to do in order to get to the next level. The Fiesta Bowl was just a small step to that realization, and I hope they can get the respect of the nation by proving themselves again in the future.

Where did people get this idea of regional covers?

I knew there were some printable ones online, but EA didn't officially print different covers.

Thre definetly were not regional covers. Gamestop near me had some covers with the Leprechaun on them, but thats it. I ended up making 2 of my own. One with Brady Quinn and one with Jeff Smardzjia, who luckily stuck with baseball.

[quote name='NoRain']They better be regional covers. If they aren't regional I'm so taping a Darren McFadden picture on the cover.[/QUOTE]

Get out the tape because McFadden isn't going pro, so that means no cover for him this year.

Wow, after reading the first page.....move to OFF TOPIC ;)

I think the cover choice is ok.....but usually they pick a guy that will be a decent pick in the NFL. I don't see Zabransky going high...if at all.

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']Finally, a worthwhile post. I agree with every point you've made in this response. While this may be the worst OU team in 6 seasons, they still had Adrian, who is not too shabby. I also know that big time programs have nothing to gain by coming to Boise. Oregon will be here '09, and BSU goes there in '08. The UF-AU game was awesome. I wish BSU would go to the Pac-10, but it won't happen for a long time. It's hard for me to get into the BSU games, because of the level of competition in the WAC. Other than Fresno, Hawaii and OSU, BSU doesn't play any cometition at home. I'm really a huge Oregon Duck fan, but went here for school, because Oregon doesn't have engineering, and I won't become a damn Beaver. I fly home for al the big UO games at Autzen, that place gets rockin'. The fans here beleive that BSU is the best team in the world, which I assume is where all your hostility has come from. I had this huge argument with this guy here who thought BSU could take it to USC, Ohio St., etc. I even made the comment, "You make me want to hate BSU." I'm aware where this program is, and what it needs to do in order to get to the next level. The Fiesta Bowl was just a small step to that realization, and I hope they can get the respect of the nation by proving themselves again in the future.[/quote]

:applause: No hostility here, brother! Just a little fun offseason banter. I have to give Zabransky a little hell for all the hype he came into Sanford Stadium with and his awesome tribal armband tattoos. ;)

The BSU fans that came down to Athens were a lot of fun, and I have alot of respect for someone that would travel from Idaho to Georgia to watch their team play football in a game they probably won't win. That's dedication. Getting Oregon to Boise is a big step for sure. Will you still be around for that game? Where are your allegences going to lie for that game?

It would be fun to watch little old Boise St. climb the ranks in college football. Can we have a real playoff now, please?

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']:applause: No hostility here, brother! Just a little fun offseason banter. I have to give Zabransky a little hell for all the hype he came into Sanford Stadium with and his awesome tribal armband tattoos. ;)

The BSU fans that came down to Athens were a lot of fun, and I have alot of respect for someone that would travel from Idaho to Georgia to watch their team play football in a game they probably won't win. That's dedication. Getting Oregon to Boise is a big step for sure. Will you still be around for that game? Where are your allegences going to lie for that game?

It would be fun to watch little old Boise St. climb the ranks in college football. Can we have a real playoff now, please?[/quote]
Yeah, I'll be around for both of the games. I figure it's a win-win for me either way, but I could never root against the Ducks. I've watched them since I was just a litty guy, and will always be dedicated to them. I wish a playoff system was in place. It would've been interesting to see how Utah would've done a couple years back, too. Also, Oregon would have had a shot at a title in '01 with Harrington (they would've got thumped by Miami just like Nebraska). So many teams have gotten screwed by the BCS. I wrote a 15 page paper about how the BCS is BS (got a 98!!), and how they should adopt a playoff. I've heard they might add a +1 game after the 2010 season. Still a few years away, but it's a step in the right direction.

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']Yeah, I'll be around for both of the games. I figure it's a win-win for me either way, but I could never root against the Ducks. I've watched them since I was just a litty guy, and will always be dedicated to them. I wish a playoff system was in place. It would've been interesting to see how Utah would've done a couple years back, too. Also, Oregon would have had a shot at a title in '01 with Harrington (they would've got thumped by Miami just like Nebraska). So many teams have gotten screwed by the BCS. I wrote a 15 page paper about how the BCS is BS (got a 98!!), and how they should adopt a playoff. I've heard they might add a +1 game after the 2010 season. Still a few years away, but it's a step in the right direction.[/quote]

Don't forget about my Dawgs in 2002 when we were playing the best football in the country at the end of the season!

A 4+1 system would be a good start but an 8 team playoff I think would be much better initially. It would be big enough that we would get to see what a team like last year's BSU would do. I'm afraid the little guy would still get left out of a 4+1 system.

Wow this thread is hilarious.

Pac-10 vs WAC (or whatever other weak conference BSU is part of).
News flash: Both of your conference are cupcake. 1 team to rule them all.

The SEC is overrated.
News flash: 5 bowl victories this year with 9 teams playing post season. 2007 national champion = Florida Gators. They slaughtered the #1 team in the country who took out Texas and Michigan during the season plus they had the heisman winner. 5 total national champions in past 15 years. Should have had one more but Auburn got screwed out of the championship game.

The only conferences worth talking about in college are SEC, ACC, and Big Ten.

[quote name='lordopus99']Wow this thread is hilarious.

Pac-10 vs WAC (or whatever other weak conference BSU is part of).
News flash: Both of your conference are cupcake. 1 team to rule them all.

The SEC is overrated.
News flash: 5 bowl victories this year with 9 teams playing post season. 2007 national champion = Florida Gators. They slaughtered the #1 team in the country who took out Texas and Michigan during the season plus they had the heisman winner. 5 total national champions in past 15 years. Should have had one more but Auburn got screwed out of the championship game.

The only conferences worth talking about in college are SEC, ACC, and Big Ten.[/QUOTE]

Even though I'm a homer, I do have to say the SEC is the best conference. Each and every week can be an upset, even Vandy and MSU on the rare occasion. 4 out of 6 teams in the East could play for the conference title next year, and the same in the West. I can't say the same about any other conference. Plus, unlike the Pac 10 and Big 10, we play a conference championship game, which usually pits you against a team you already played. That's a negative in the BCS points system.

3 championships in 9 years.

bread's done
Back