Boktai 9.99 at Best Buy B&M

I'm going head to Best Buy and pick up the sexy Boktai game.

From what I've read, it has gotten pretty good reviews.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I'm going head to Best Buy and pick up the sexy Boktai game.

From what I've read, it has gotten pretty good reviews.[/quote]

It's got an 82% at GameRankings

I'd love to buy the game...but I live in Michigan (strike one), I'm so pale I can get a sunburn in fifteen minutes (strike two), and I can't stand being outside (strike three). No Boktai for me, then...

Actually, I don't have a problem with being outside. It's the being outside where I live that bothers me. All of the houses and pavement and cars driving by on the main street...it's depressing. Humanity has screwed up the world; if I can avoid being reminded of that, even temporarily, I'm that much happier for it.

I'm headed to Best Buy right now with low hopes. I usually don't see these $9.99 games that are occasionally posted on these boards.

As for the sun factor in the game, I think I could handle the sunlight pretty well (I have somewhat tan skin). It's not going to be that pleasant to play since the Vegas sun brings 100 degree heat when it's around the summer. It's around 90 right now. :(

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']Yeah trust me Boktai is shaq-fuing sexy ! My craphole Best Buy still has it for $30 bastards .[/quote]

Did you have them price check it?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='Mr Peanut']I'm going head to Best Buy and pick up the sexy Boktai game.

From what I've read, it has gotten pretty good reviews.[/quote]

It's got an 82% at GameRankings

I'd love to buy the game...but I live in Michigan (strike one), I'm so pale I can get a sunburn in fifteen minutes (strike two), and I can't stand being outside (strike three). No Boktai for me, then...

Actually, I don't have a problem with being outside. It's the being outside where I live that bothers me. All of the houses and pavement and cars driving by on the main street...it's depressing. Humanity has screwed up the world; if I can avoid being reminded of that, even temporarily, I'm that much happier for it.[/quote]

Do what I did. I just stuffed my Gameboy Player equiped Gamecube in the window and I got a 2/8 sun rating most of the time. Either do that or get some Total Block. :D

The Best Buy closest to me was out of stock on boktai. I have several other Best Buys around me but none of them had it in stock either. However, a Best Buy 40 minutes away did have 3 in stock. But who wants to drive that far. Luckily, the manager at the Circuit City 5 minutes away from me was willing to do a price match. Worked for me, might work for you. Good deal at $9.99, thanks LeviathynX.

littlemonkey

BB on Queens Blvd in NYC has no Boktai. Strangely enough though, the Target upstairs from it had about 6 copies - at $29.99 a piece!

[quote name='emperordahc']I'm checking at mine tonight.[/quote]
... and they don't have it.

And may I mention that I am now a Cheep Ass Regular?!? *Wipes a small tear away*

This reminds me of the whole NES power pad thing, where games were supposed to help you exercise with Track N Field...until people started sitting over the power pad in a chair and just stomping the damned thing. Kojima gets off on pissing gamers off :)

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I didn't see any at my Best Buy.[/quote]

I believe you can get a raincheck on one and have them transfer or order one in.

bread's done
Back