Bomberman ULTRA - Gen Discussion & Info - 7 player offline multiplayer

Hopefully I'm just overreacting to one bad experience, but if you're getting this mostly for the online I'd wait a little while to see if it improves.

It might be I need to mess with my router, but I also tried joining an 8P match and just watched different groups of people join/quit the lobby for a couple minutes. I wonder how widespread the problems are.

Also it resets my camera angle between rounds but that's minor compared to not being able to join games.

[quote name='metaly']This game has some catastrophic connectivity issues.[/QUOTE]

:bomb:

We will have to try again this weekend but I've little hope this is going to work anytime soon.

Does anyone mind answering the following questions about this Bomberman version:

1. Does this game support a headset and is the voice chat functionality great? (i.e. not Rock Band horrible)
2. How is the PS Eye utiliized in this game?
3. Are there online leaderboards?
4. Can owners elaborate why online play is catastrophic at the moment?

Earlier this generation, I bought Bomberman '93 on the VC. I'm looking forward to another one as long as it's a worthwhile upgrade. Anyways, thanks in advance!

[quote name='evergoo']Does anyone mind answering the following questions about this Bomberman version:

1. Does this game support a headset and is the voice chat functionality great? (i.e. not Rock Band horrible)
2. How is the PS Eye utiliized in this game?
3. Are there online leaderboards?

Earlier this generation, I bought Bomberman '93 on the VC. I'm looking forward to another one as long as it's a worthwhile upgrade. Anyways, thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

1. Yes, I could hear people loud and clear. Never played Rock Band with a mic, but its comparable to any 3rd party PS3 game.
2.As far as I could figure out, it shows a live video feed of the winner at the end of the game. May occur at the end of each round as well, Im not sure.
3. Yes, online leaderboards seem to be a selling point for them, as its mentioned a few times
4. I have frozen a couple times and have seem some pretty crazy lag. The game has frozen and people were continuing talking on the VOIP though. It was weird

Another feature the devs are pimping around is the character customization. There are a TON of clothes and outfits to deck out your character. Unfortunately, most of them need to be unlocked somehow.

On a side note, has anyone seen the Hunter S Thompson outfit? Epic!

And yes, my boycott has begun! :lol: Patch or die!!

[quote name='evergoo']Does anyone mind answering the following questions about this Bomberman version:

[/QUOTE]

Voice chat is open mic and is pretty solid.

I had a few issues playing online. #1 is a few times I had someone join with two local players and the lobby screen showed they had sort of a low ping. It was smooth starting out but usually in the second round everything would sort of start jumping around and eventually there would be long freezes in the action. After that point, people dropped out. This was in a 4P game.

#2 is I couldn't get into a private game with me and just one other friend. I would select the invite and then the game would display the "joining..." screen forever.

#3, I couldn't even join a quick match because people would constantly be joining/dropping from the lobby. It wouldn't let me ready up either, which is probably a separate bug.

I need to do more testing this weekend and hopefully things will improve but it's pretty sad when my day 1 experience is this bad.

[quote name='smiggity']Another feature the devs are pimping around is the character customization. There are a TON of clothes and outfits to deck out your character. Unfortunately, most of them need to be unlocked somehow.

And yes, my boycott has begun! :lol: Patch or die!![/QUOTE]

After about a minute (or maybe when it's a minute left, can't tell) a sparkling prize bubble thing pops up and whoever collects it unlocks a costume part.

Launch day boycott! :lol: Congrats to Backbone for a setting a new record. Or maybe Valve beat that record with L4D2.

OK, it's working better now. No more infinite joining, at least, and we actually finished a bunch of games with no one dropping.

Been playing a few small games, and now I'm playing a full game with 8 people. Lag seems to be minimal, and mic is pretty good. I had no idea the winner could taunt the losers via webcam, so I burst out laughing when the winner started to do some stupid looking victory dance after his first win.

Yeah i got a few games in last night. Maybe their servers were just slammed. Tried hitting you up but apparently I outlasted the West Coasters last night

Just got the game and having fun. Tried an 8 player and it was fine, though I was hardly accurate with the bomb kick/stop. Otherwise the online was definitely playable.

The XBLA version is also very laggy, so it's not really an issue of one console or another.

IGN has a review of it up...looks awful like the Bomberman Blast review they put up a while back.

I only really play two player games online though. I'm more of a duelest then a free for all. I =3 dueling.

Hmm, if no one is opting to make CAG nights, I'll volunteer.

I've had some success with STHDR nights, and wouldn't mind taking over another.

I was thinking a Thursday night (same as STHDR) either 7ish or 8ish PST. And maybe just 30 minutes, since games seems to go by fast. Whatcha guys think?

So I'm curious if anyone is playing this, or wants to? I kinda want to get the all-girl and cowboy trophies for online play and thought maybe setting up a game night would help! Anyone interested?

bread's done
Back