Bongos (for Donkey Konga) $24.99 at Best Buy

Gamerguy

CAGiversary!
That's $10 off the MSRP.

If you don't have Donkey Konga, but want it, get it at Circuit City, where you get a $10 gift card at purchase. Then use their price-match policy and get the bongos for $15.

Thanks for the info. Great price on the bongos. I've been trying to find a game to that my wife would enjoy. I don't think I could ever turn here into a hard core gamer like me but it'd be nice to be able to play together every now and then.

I think Donkey Konga might be the solution I need.

The $10 gift card was a promo for October 1st and 2nd only.

I already tried at my BB, but they wouldn't honor it, since it expired yesterday. I just got home.

That price is not in effect at the B&M stores as of today. I just picked up a second set of conga's and it rang up at $29.99. (Of course I used a GGC to drop the price down to $25.) BB also has this deal listed on their website (don't have the link anymore) but the conga's were backordered.

I preordered my bongos from BB and they are still on BO. I should have just bought the game at a b&m store instead of PO'ing it, as I still don't have the game from overstock either.

[quote name='daphatty']That price is not in effect at the B&M stores as of today. I just picked up a second set of conga's and it rang up at $29.99. (Of course I used a GGC to drop the price down to $25.) BB also has this deal listed on their website (don't have the link anymore) but the conga's were backordered.[/quote]

I second this (not that a mod needs anyone to back him up). Still picked them up anyway with the GGC $5 discount. The game is much more fun with 2 bongos, as I found out this weekend when a friend brought his over.

Was hoping to get a $20 Kirby Air Ride, but my BB was OOS. The Nintendo sections of that store are an awful mess.

I checked today after work, but my damn BB didn't have any extra Bongos. Just the full-on Donkey Konga. Damn them! I asked an employee and he said they had plenty of the full DKs in the back, but he hadn't seen any extra Bongos. I guess I'm gonna have to pay full price at EB.

Not only is it *a* title that needs more than one set of bongos, but it's the *ONLY* title that needs more than one set of bongos. Y'know, cuz no other game uses them...

sorry I created a whole other thread but it wasn't about the GGC, it was about my experience, and some people in this thread had already committed to buying it somewhere else I thought they might not click again if I told my story in this thread.

Basically, it comes down to asking the employees to check on their computer, because 3 seperate times, employees had no idea what they were talking about (can't blame them, but I know I rarely gave false info like that, if ever, when I worked at Best Buy).

[quote name='ViolentLee']Not only is it *a* title that needs more than one set of bongos, but it's the *ONLY* title that needs more than one set of bongos. Y'know, cuz no other game uses them...[/quote]

jungle beat coming out soon... next year.

"went last week a total of three times.

Last week on Tue. my Best Buy said they were only getting the $50 one, which they had already (clueless employee). I actually went to the store.

on Wed. my bud went and they told him the same thing, so I went myself, grabbed a Nintendo Coupon Book (the one they were giving away w/ console purchase back in mid-August to Sept). they had lying around, and asked them to check the SKU number on their computer. Looks like they had 5 and didn't even notice. It took the employee a while, but he grabbed one from the back for me.

Then, today, I went again, and they had one out, and when I asked them to bring me another one, they brought out the DK-bundle one. I told them I wanted Bongos only, and they said that's all they had in the back. Luckily, I had an employee in the computer department before hand check the SKU and they still had the 4 they had left on Wed.

So, I had the media employee check for himself, and then he saw the stock count on the screen and relented and went to the back.

If you want, ask them to check something on their inventory computer with the SKU number: 6746104 (DK Bongos, not the bundle). Tell them it's for a "Nintendo accessory" so they don't assume they won't have what you are looking for. Or, ask them to check the barcode number: 045496950590

Call the media department and ask them to check it on their computer, they could have missed them since the boxes are so similar. If you actually go to the store and think they won't check, ask someone in another department first (like I did). "

^^

from the thread I made

BTW, my other thread wasn't about getting them for $24.99 at Best Buy, it was about how you could go about making sure you find them, since I think some interested people won't be looking up this thread now that they think their Best Buy doesn't have it even though they might cause of uniformed employees.

bread's done
Back