Bonus 20% cash or 50% credit @ FYE - Now til 8/27?

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
It's been a while but it looks like its that time again. FYE is currently running their brown bag deal where if you fill up their promotional bag, or any other bag with items, you get either a bonus 20% for cash or 50% for credit

To break it down, If you have an item thats worth $15, you can bring it in the brown bag (or any other bag) and get either $18.00 for cash or $22.50 for credit.

If you are wondering how much your cd's/games/movies get at FYE, a good place to check is www.secondspin.com . Their game TIV's are usually spot on, DVD's & CD's can vary between 10-25% between Secondspin's TIV and the actual FYE TIV.

Pic of bag behind the spoiler:
fyebag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='freshzen']Can anyone list the names of all the stores that are doing this promotion? The closest FYE is about 40-50 miles from me, and the closest Suncoast is even further.[/QUOTE]

I cant confirm any of these stores running the deal since we havent had any of them in about 7+ years, but some of the other companies under the same umbrella are Sam Goody, Saturday Night Matinee, Specs, Musicland, Wherehouse, Strawberries, Coconuts.

Said terrorist took my COD that I was sure he wouldnt. He also didnt give me the 'bag must be full' line this time either. Good deal.

[quote name='Bezerker']I cant confirm any of these stores running the deal since we havent had any of them in about 7+ years, but some of the other companies under the same umbrella are Sam Goody, Saturday Night Matinee, Specs, Musicland, Wherehouse, Strawberries, Coconuts.[/QUOTE]

Hmm it sounds like most of those stores don't even really exist any more, they all got converted to FYE or closed down.

[quote name='averageguy']Another Decent flip might be Saint's Row 2 for the Ps3 its on sale for 39.99 with a 30 dollar Mail in rebate[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Keep any and all records if you do try and grab one of those to flip, since they'll probably try and say it's a $3 rebate from a CD after 6 months of waiting for the rebate if you experience goes anything like mine for a PStwo slim a couple years ago.

[quote name='freshzen']Hmm it sounds like most of those stores don't even really exist any more, they all got converted to FYE or closed down.[/QUOTE]

I've seen a Strawberries out in northern NJ someplace, though that may have just been the facade of a closed down store a few years ago and there was/is a Coconut's up in Vestal, NY area someplace(just outside of Binghamton).....or at least there WAS the last time I was up that way.

As for the rest of those chains, I'm pretty sure that they still exist in some form or other, though there are ONLY FYE stores around by me.

Doing some research for the Blockbuster B1G1 sale coming up and found some possible good flips to FYE, based on secondspin.com values.

All $14.99 at BB, which would be $7.50

Games and values WITH bonus 50%
Mario and Sonic Olympics $22.50
We Ski $15
Battlefield Bad Company(ps3 GOLD) 16.50
Mirrors Edge(ps3) $14

I need xbla points cards, I wonder if any of the online stores sell them...

update FYE.com sells them and the member price is 2$ off, 5$ for the 4000 point card.

Nice finds stone, i started to go through hawaiiboy's list, but im somewhat ADD when it comes to that stuff and of course the games that I think wont be worth anything so i dont bother checking are the ones that are worth something.

YMMV on this, but at one store by me they had a stand full of $19.99 Sony "Frontlane" games (all the games had generic price stickers and barcodes with the same numbers) that were B1G1F with no MIR or anything. They had two copies of SNK Arcade Classics PSP which FYE also pay $15 for. The deal wouldnt go automatically so they had to adjust them manually. Came out to $18 after backstage pass and tomorrow ill be trading them back for $30. Not bad considering im just turning FYE cred into more FYE cred.

Unfortunately i've only seen this stand at one out of the 5 stores i've been to in the last week and a half, so once again, YMMV.

Really good deal. Brought in 45 dvds I didn't want anymore, got $190 total with the bonus. Lot of extra money thanks to this one. Thanks guys :)

how old were these dvds?

I have a fuck ton of dvds at the house, but many of them are older, and I don't really want to get rid of them if I am getting 3 bucks a dvd.

If you're thinking of off-loading your dvd's check every title by hand by that website posted in here, alot of them only get 10 cents, which, is kinda pointless, some will get you a buck

Is it a dick move to take in a hundred CDs? The retail worker in me sympathizes with the people there, especially since one of them escaped Toys R Us like I did. But the $250 that Secondspin will give me kind of makes me not care about that.

[quote name='stone1061']Doing some research for the Blockbuster B1G1 sale coming up and found some possible good flips to FYE, based on secondspin.com values.

All $14.99 at BB, which would be $7.50

Games and values WITH bonus 50%
Mario and Sonic Olympics $22.50
We Ski $15
Battlefield Bad Company(ps3 GOLD) 16.50
Mirrors Edge(ps3) $14[/QUOTE]

Don't trust Secondspin.com's values as 100% concrete, since I believe that the values CAN fluctuate on a PER STORE basis based on the amount of stock of each title they have.

Case in point, I went to my closer FYE to try and trade in a copy of Stoked for the 360, which is STILL being listed as getting $16 BASE this morning on Secondspin. Thing is, just a few nights earlier I received $16 base TIV for it and $24 after ALL bumps.

They scanned it, it came up $12, with bonus it was like $15 because they went by the promo listed on the bag and DENIED that there is an additional 25% promo going on currently.

All totaled for that game and a copy of COD4 GOTY for PS3 that I got with some money I found I would have received $37.50 in credit or $30 flat in CASH. I took the cash and ran, since I didn't really spend any of my own $$$ on COD4, so that game was a wash, but I made $19 and change on Stoked.

So, fair warning, DO NOT TRUST THE VALUES ON SECONDSPIN OR WHEREHOUSE AS THE TRUE TIV, as I DO believe they CAN and DO fluctuate based on their stock on hand of each game.

Some BBV B1G1 TIV's

Coraline (Wii) - $8.40/$10.50
We Ski - $7.20/$9 (definitely not worth it)
Fire Emblem (DS) - $9.60/$12

Not too great, except for Coraline which is double. Unfortunately I forgot that Amazon pays $16.80 for Fire Emblem. Ah well.

I'm gonna assume already this is a no, but FYE won't accept CD's without the liner notes / jewel cases correct?

I have at least 200 or so CD's from awhile ago, except when I moved none of the cases or liners made the transition. Unfortunately, no store I've been to, indie, corporate, online wants just CD's by themselves.

It's getting kind of frustrating.

The prices can differ from secondspin.

Case-in-point: I traded in a copy of Scrabble for PSP last week and got $12+20%

This week I traded in two copies of Scrabble(PSP) and two of Secret Agent Clank(PSP) both of which secondspin said were $12. I got $8+bonus for SAC and 10+bonus for Scrabble.

It was disappointing, but I got a few bucks profit.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm gonna assume already this is a no, but FYE won't accept CD's without the liner notes / jewel cases correct?

I have at least 200 or so CD's from awhile ago, except when I moved none of the cases or liners made the transition. Unfortunately, no store I've been to, indie, corporate, online wants just CD's by themselves.

It's getting kind of frustrating.[/QUOTE]

craigslist or ebay........

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm gonna assume already this is a no, but FYE won't accept CD's without the liner notes / jewel cases correct?

It's getting kind of frustrating.[/QUOTE]

It varies, some stores will and some stores wont. I can guarantee you the people at Tyrone & Countryside wont as those stores seem to love to make up their own rules when it comes to promotions.

Not a major flip, but made me happy. Got the :360: X-Men Origins Wolverine at target a week or two back for $37. Finished it last night, got $37.25 in store credit today! You can pay me $.25 to complete a game anytime!

I now have $298 in store credit from all of my old CDs, and I have one more trip to make.

Question to the forum, if FYE didn't take a cd because it was dirty/scratched, is it worth trying to repair it with one of the repair kits and trying again?

Just got back from my local FYE, here is what I got in trade value with all discounts applied

Psp- Scrabble $15.00
360-Stocked $18.00
360-WWE 2009 $15.00 (smackdown)
Ps3-Wheelman $30.00

That's $78.00 credit for games I paid about $38.00 for not a bad flip. picked up 2 copies of Call of Juarez, one for me and one for my boy. I heard Multiplayer was a ton of fun, here's hoping that's true

Got $13.50 for Code Lyko Fall of Xana and will be going back tomorrow for another $13.50.

Not a bad flip for 2 games I paid $2.50 each for at TRU during their B1G1 $5 off sale from a month ago.

Hey keep a one out for Mad katz street fighter 4 fight pads at FYE. I got one from trading in bunch of Aerosmith cd's I found from people who were moving next to the dumpster.

I used it to get a PS3 Ken Street Fighter 4 fight pad for two dollars...

[quote name='Bezerker']It varies, some stores will and some stores wont. I can guarantee you the people at Tyrone & Countryside wont as those stores seem to love to make up their own rules when it comes to promotions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I will give both stores a call tommorrow... even outside of the promotion, does FYE takes CD's without cases / artwork / notes? Or is that just part of the YMMVness in general?

Just to clarify, it's about 200 or so CD's, just in one of those CD sleeve holder dealies. Not even sure how FYE is able to tell which is which, I sure can't and some of them, haha.

I guess if this doesn't work, CL it is, I've gone completely digital and have no need for this stuff taking up room (and most of it is shit anyways).

Here are a few good ones using this week's GS 20% off Wii coupon:

Base $GS -> Base $FYE as of 7/3

Destiny of Zorro $18 -> $15
Dokapon Kingdom $18 -> $14
Rubik's World $9 -> $8

And some also-rans:

Legend of the Dragon $4 -> $3
Samurai Warriors KATANA $13 -> $8

Wow Jar, dont know how i missed your update, those are some pretty good flips. I have quite an update for anyone with a Big Lots around them. All of the following dvd sets are $6 each. The TIV's listed are for store credit, take 30% off for cash values:

Animaniacs (volume 1, volume 2) - $15
Dallas (Seasons 6, 7, 8) $12
Dukes of Hazard (season 4) $12
ER (season 2 - $15, 3 - $12, 7, 8, 9 - $16.50)
Knots Landing season 2 - $15
Life Goes On season 1 - $12
Pinky and the Brain (volume 1, volume 2) - $15
Roots: 30th Anniversary - $20.25
Smallville season 2 - $18.75; season 7 - $20.25
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies - $16.50?
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series - $15
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons) - $16.50-$20.25
Thundercats (S1V1, S1V2, S2V1, S2V2) - $16.50-$21.75
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1 - $15
Wonder Woman Season 2 - $12; Complete Series - $38.25

FYE in Brandon, FL (at the mall) refused to give my girlfriend cash for her CD's (which were all complete).

They told her they were doing a trade-in only promotion for the entire month of July, and she would get an extra 20% in trade-in credit, but that they were *only* doing trade-in's and not cash.

Has anyone heard of this? We didn't trade in anything, seems kind of weird.

[quote name='Roufuss']FYE in Brandon, FL (at the mall) refused to give my girlfriend cash for her CD's (which were all complete).

They told her they were doing a trade-in only promotion for the entire month of July, and she would get an extra 20% in trade-in credit, but that they were *only* doing trade-in's and not cash.

Has anyone heard of this? We didn't trade in anything, seems kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

Strange, usually the people at Brandon are pretty good. The system automatically adds the 20% bump for the brown bag promotion before the system even asks credit or cash, so it should have gone through either way.

Maybe they meant that at the time they were only doing credit trades because they were out of cash? *shrugs*.

[quote name='Bezerker']Wow Jar, dont know how i missed your update, those are some pretty good flips. I have quite an update for anyone with a Big Lots around them. All of the following dvd sets are $6 each. The TIV's listed are for store credit, take 30% off for cash values:

Animaniacs (volume 1, volume 2) - $15
Dallas (Seasons 6, 7, 8) $12
Dukes of Hazard (season 4) $12
ER (season 2 - $15, 3 - $12, 7, 8, 9 - $16.50)
Knots Landing season 2 - $15
Life Goes On season 1 - $12
Pinky and the Brain (volume 1, volume 2) - $15
Roots: 30th Anniversary - $20.25
Smallville season 2 - $18.75; season 7 - $20.25
Scooby Doo Best of New Scooby Doo Movies - $16.50?
Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour complete series - $15
Six Feet Under season 3 (also select seasons) - $16.50-$20.25
Thundercats (S1V1, S1V2, S2V1, S2V2) - $16.50-$21.75
Wait till your Father Comes Home season 1 - $15
Wonder Woman Season 2 - $12; Complete Series - $38.25[/QUOTE]

Very nice trade in values. Know i just need to find them. I went to one big lots but they didnt have any box sets will check another one out today

[quote name='Bezerker']
My Portable Media Player died on me two days ago, so with the great influx of credit i've gotten, I suckered out and got a 16gb iPod touch. After tomorrow ill still have another $200 left over, so by the time the Zune HD comes out, i guess ill be buying one of those as well, lol.[/QUOTE]

I can't find zunes/ipods on the site; is it B&M only?

Yea, B&M only. Spun.com sells the ipods but they no longer accept FYE credit.

Most FYE's only carry the nano's, classics, and then the 8 & 16 touch's. If you want a 32gb touch, you have to special order it (takes 5 days usually, but doesnt cost any extra). I'm kinda wishing i held out for a 32gb cuz my total music collection is 23gb and its a bitch to pick and choose what I might randomly feel like listening to in a day.

I updated the OP with a new promo deal for game trades only:

Trade 2 games - Get 10% (+25%) bonus credit
Trade 4 Games - Get 20% (+25%) bonus credit
Trade 6 games - Get 40% (+25%) bonus credit

Yes I know the amounts above do not equal 37.5%, 50% and 75%, but the 25% bump is added after the promotional 10, 20 & 40, so it equals out to 37.5, 50, & 75.

At the GS B2G1, u could get newer games for $100 and trade them to $140 at FYE, i'm pretty sure there will be some cheaper games as well.

Oh Jar, its time to shine ;-)

Here are some from the new GS craziness:

Base GS new -> Base FYE as of 9am pst

Wheelman $20 -> $20
Bionic Commando $20 -> $22
HAWX $20 -> $14

PS3
Wheelman $20 -> $20
Bionic Commando $20 -> $15
HAWX $20 -> $18

Wii
Trivial Pursuit $20 -> $14
Destiny of Zorro $20 -> $15

PSP
Tenchu Shadow Assassins $20 -> $14

I'll see if I can get to the used games later.

[quote name='JAR']Here are some from the new GS craziness:

Base GS new -> Base FYE as of 9am pst

Wheelman $20 -> $20
Bionic Commando $20 -> $22
HAWX $20 -> $14

PS3
Wheelman $20 -> $20
Bionic Commando $20 -> $15
HAWX $20 -> $18

Wii
Trivial Pursuit $20 -> $14
Destiny of Zorro $20 -> $15

PSP
Tenchu Shadow Assassins $20 -> $14

I'll see if I can get to the used games later.[/QUOTE]

if the bolded games stay put for a while and the used prices drop to $17.99 for the B2G1 at gamestop, we're rollin in the dough.

[quote name='Bezerker']I updated the OP with a new promo deal for game trades only:

Trade 2 games - Get 10% (+25%) bonus credit
Trade 4 Games - Get 20% (+25%) bonus credit
Trade 6 games - Get 40% (+25%) bonus credit

Yes I know the amounts above do not equal 37.5%, 50% and 75%, but the 25% bump is added after the promotional 10, 20 & 40, so it equals out to 37.5, 50, & 75.

At the GS B2G1, u could get newer games for $100 and trade them to $140 at FYE, i'm pretty sure there will be some cheaper games as well.

Oh Jar, its time to shine ;-)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, I'm all over that. Bought a bunch of the $20 GS games yesterday to trade today. I'll grab a couple fillers and head over at lunchtime today. I was just at FYE yesterday trading in a few games and the manager didn't say a thing about it dammit.

Edit: Went to my FYE in San Jose and they didn't get any info/email on it. The managers there are pretty up on the promos and they even looked in the system for email notification of the promo. The on duty manager even called another store to find out if they knew about it and they didn't. So I guess I'll wait for B's posting of the ad tomorrow.

The tides are rising, the Perfect Storm rises again.
B2G1 at Gamestop
B1G1 at Blockbuster
Bonus 50% at Gamestop with edge on 6+ games
Bonus 75% at FYE with 6+ games
$6 DVD sets at Big Lots
$19.99 games at GS that are viable flips to BB.

I think it's impossible to not farm up some credit totals.

Does anyone know if the 2/4/6 game promo is YMMV? Cuz none of the three FYEs in my area (Miami, FL) know anything about this. They have the Brown Bag promo, but none of them have heard of this one. At one of them, the guy asked the manager and he said that they had this promo in the past, but it ended. And at another FYE, the manager never even heard of it before.

It kinda sucks, cuz I have around $80 of games to trade in, and that would be really nice with 75% tagged on to it... Not that settling for an extra 50% ($120 total) is so bad, but I'd really love the whole 75% ($140 total).

[quote name='stone1061']The tides are rising, the Perfect Storm rises again.
B2G1 at Gamestop
B1G1 at Blockbuster
Bonus 50% at Gamestop with edge on 6+ games
Bonus 75% at FYE with 6+ games
$6 DVD sets at Big Lots
$19.99 games at GS that are viable flips to BB.

I think it's impossible to not farm up some credit totals.[/QUOTE]

yea pretty crazy weather we are having. the bonus 75% at fye seems to be ymmv at this point though. i was shot down today. luckily i asked before i went to gamestop to pick up my fodder. i did hit up a big lots before and found a couple money makers. an hour of my time today made me $80 cash and $20ish gamestop credit. not bad i guess.

[quote name='ghozt']yea pretty crazy weather we are having. the bonus 75% at fye seems to be ymmv at this point though. i was shot down today. luckily i asked before i went to gamestop to pick up my fodder. i did hit up a big lots before and found a couple money makers. an hour of my time today made me $80 cash and $20ish gamestop credit. not bad i guess.[/QUOTE]

The 2/4/6 bonus doesnt automatically stack and has to be added manually, so the clerk told me I can have the 50% bonus with the bag or the 50% with the 6 games. They would not add both bonuses.

[quote name='pixi']so, if I traded in 6 games worth $33, I'd get $57.75 with the added 75%?[/QUOTE]

Yep, Basically.

[quote name='Supermonkey321']Does anyone know if the 2/4/6 game promo is YMMV? Cuz none of the three FYEs in my area (Miami, FL) know anything about this. They have the Brown Bag promo, but none of them have heard of this one. At one of them, the guy asked the manager and he said that they had this promo in the past, but it ended. And at another FYE, the manager never even heard of it before.[/QUOTE]

I went to a different store and they had not heard of the promotion either. I am going to the store that had the signs up tomorrow to double check, but it may be part of their new promotions that are starting next week.

Still no definite confirmation on when the Brown bag deal ends. Hopefully it lasts a while longer as my Big Lots were freaking loaded. I got the following and left about 5 copies of each set as I didnt want to overdo it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/xpokeofdoomx/haul709.jpg

Everything is confirmed from the list I posted other than ER Season 3 which is $13.50 rather than $15 credit, still not bad from $6

holy shit!!!! how have i passed up this thread so many times? anyone know when this deal will end and is it just ymmv? ohh and anyone know any cheap games i could get to trade in to get enough credit for modern warefare 2?

The two stores in the KC area are doing the bag deal, but its only 20% extra towards store credit. They are not applying any other specials.

Bezerker!
Are trading multiples in one shot or making several trips?
Need to work on this tomorrow
Is secondspin not reliable on these?
It's showing Pinky and Brain and Animaniacs, both vol 2 at $10 each.
Dukes 5 and 6, $6

[quote name='stone1061']Bezerker!
Are trading multiples in one shot or making several trips?
Need to work on this tomorrow
Is secondspin not reliable on these?
It's showing Pinky and Brain and Animaniacs, both vol 2 at $10 each.
Dukes 5 and 6, $6[/QUOTE]

It depends which store i'm going to. Two of the stores by me, the managers have no problems with two at a time. But I do have 4 stores within 20 miles of my house, so whenever i do a big run (which i plan on doing Saturday) I usually travel in a circle and am able to hit at least 3 in one trip.

Secondspin is hit and miss. Everything i had pictured above was spot on except for one thing that was $9 rather than the $10 that Secondspin stated.

[quote name='Bezerker']It depends which store i'm going to. Two of the stores by me, the managers have no problems with two at a time. But I do have 4 stores within 20 miles of my house, so whenever i do a big run (which i plan on doing Saturday) I usually travel in a circle and am able to hit at least 3 in one trip.

[/QUOTE]

I got one store 1 mile from my house, then only 2 others, both 20 miles in opposite directions. May have to hire a stripper to help:lol:

WAIT A SECOND!
The bag has Suncoast on the logo also, could I use it there too? That would double my locations to flip movies.

bread's done
Back