Boogie Nights release

Jim Beam

CAGiversary!
Anyone know when this goes into wide release (outside best buy)? I was there tonight and they are wanting full price :roll:. Hoping to grab it up at < $20.

I've got my eyes peeled for deals on this and Magnolia. With any luck someone will off these at some kind of discount,

Oh, right… I'm 82% sure that it's Jan 19 when it becomes available everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, was just reading the back of my Boogie Nights DVD the other day, which reads, "Really I swear. This is the definitive version of Boogie Nights", and was wondering when the BD would be released. I'll still buy it eventually cause I LOVE PT Anderson, but I still found it humorous.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Lol, was just reading the back of my Boogie Nights DVD the other day, which reads, "Really I swear. This is the definitive version of Boogie Nights", and was wondering when the BD would be released. I'll still buy it eventually cause I LOVE PT Anderson, but I still found it humorous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the BR doesnt have any features that the DVD didn't though. I'm suprised this was never put out as a criterion.

All of the special materials from the set with the orange packaging (the same one that's being carried over to blu ray now) actually did originate on a Criterion laserdisc from the late 90s. That laserdisc also had substantial clips of a documentary on John Holmes that was Anderson's inspiration for much of Boogie Nights that no one has been able to get the rights to since.

Jim Beam--I see you're from St. Louis. I bought that old laserdisc at Now Hear This in Crestwood, if you remember that place (if I'm not mistaken, it still exists in some form over in Kirkwood now). I bought it the day it came out, and it was $100.

[quote name='Jim Beam']Yeah, I'm pretty sure the BR doesnt have any features that the DVD didn't though. I'm suprised this was never put out as a criterion.[/QUOTE]

There was a Criterion laserdisc release that never made it to DVD

[quote name='sirhansirhan']I bought that old laserdisc at Now Hear This in Crestwood, if you remember that place (if I'm not mistaken, it still exists in some form over in Kirkwood now). I bought it the day it came out, and it was $100.[/QUOTE]

Holy-! Was that a CAG deal back then?

[quote name='exRounder']Holy-! Was that a CAG deal back then?[/QUOTE]

That was its list price, and this was years before the first time I ever bought anything online.

bread's done
Back