Borderlands 2: Golden Key - 10k Use Code (PS3)

Link2999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Randy Pitchford (Prez of Gearbox) just gave out a code for 10k uses (1 use per account) for a Borderlands 2 Golden Key, you redeem this in-game through the "Extras" item on the main menu through Shift.

PC Code: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3
360 Code: 5JKJ3-6TWSJ-BRXBX-K6JJJ-FXXWB
PS3 Code: 5JKJ3-6TWKS-CSTCT-S3KJJ-FXX3W

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing the game with the same group of people since launch day, and for the last 2 gold keys we used, we were able to open the golden chest an unlimited amount of times for that session. Is this common? We have literally opened the thing over 100 times by now just from 2 keys.

[quote name='trent82']I've been playing the game with the same group of people since launch day, and for the last 2 gold keys we used, we were able to open the golden chest an unlimited amount of times for that session. Is this common? We have literally opened the thing over 100 times by now just from 2 keys.[/QUOTE]

There's a glitch where if 1 person has a key in a party, but the other doesn't, they can open up the chest for you unlimited times. Won't last forever and the guns scale to the level of whoever opens it.

[quote name='trent82']I've been playing the game with the same group of people since launch day, and for the last 2 gold keys we used, we were able to open the golden chest an unlimited amount of times for that session. Is this common? We have literally opened the thing over 100 times by now just from 2 keys.[/QUOTE]

It's a glitch. Playing co-op, when you open the chest and someone else grabs your loot from the chest then the glitch gets triggered.

Wow the 360 code is still good. Got mine. Now does it matter when you use it? Like will I get a better weapon at a higher level or will I get a better weapon online with others as opposed to single player?

[quote name='Calinks']Wow the 360 code is still good. Got mine. Now does it matter when you use it? Like will I get a better weapon at a higher level or will I get a better weapon online with others as opposed to single player?[/QUOTE]

It scales to your level. You'll get a random purple(s) every time. If you get something you don't want after using your key, or accidentally use it when you really wanted to save it, DO NOT turn the game off. You'll lose your new purple and your key.

I get a message that says the code was used. Is 360 out, or am I doing something wrong? (I am entering in-game via Shift Code)

Cool, used it for PC with no problems.

...I absent-mindedly wasted my first gold key but now I have two, one for signing up for Shift and one from the code. Yay.

[quote name='Link2999']It scales to your level. You'll get a random purple(s) every time. If you get something you don't want after using your key, or accidentally use it when you really wanted to save it, DO NOT turn the game off. You'll lose your new purple and your key.[/QUOTE]
WOW, transported to sanctuary for a mission and guess what, opened it on accident! Even after reading this, instinct still popped in and I opened it. So mad at myself right now.

[quote name='Calinks']WOW, transported to sanctuary for a mission and guess what, opened it on accident! Even after reading this, instinct still popped in and I opened it. So mad at myself right now.[/QUOTE]

Hahahah that's what happened to me with my first key. I was level 3!!!

I remember seeing a gold chest and I made a run for it...then I realized it was THE gold chest! :wall: :lol:

The chest is not that big of a deal though, that one dude Michael Mamaril hooks you up with a lot of good blue items everytime you return to Sanctuary.

[quote name='Calinks']WOW, transported to sanctuary for a mission and guess what, opened it on accident! Even after reading this, instinct still popped in and I opened it. So mad at myself right now.[/QUOTE]

You should have at least 2 keys (one for signing up for Shift), so if you used 1, not the biggest deal. Gearbox should give more out eventually too.

Updated topic to reflect 360 and PC codes being used up.

[quote name='Link2999']You should have at least 2 keys (one for signing up for Shift), so if you used 1, not the biggest deal. Gearbox should give more out eventually too.

Updated topic to reflect 360 and PC codes being used up.[/QUOTE]
Yea, thanks for the heads up though. Your tip also stopped me from turning the game off.

Thanks OP, I got in for a PS3 one as did my best friend. Gonna save this one until my second playthrough I think so maybe I'll get something *really* good. :)

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Gonna use the 360 one when i get home if i can. How many golden keys can u have at once?[/QUOTE]

No limit that I know of, but the 360 code is dead.

[quote name='Schizophriend']Awesome! Bumps my key count up to 5!
Still have no idea how I started with 4, but now I have 5! :D

Oh and I just used the pc code and it worked.[/QUOTE]

I started with 4 as well, no idea.

bread's done
Back