Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xeroblade']um how legit is this site?

they have it for 128.99 and if you use this coupon code CPE2012 you get 20 bucks off total for me was 113.88!

i really doubt it goes through though. if not ill just cancel my order, and yes they already pre-authed my card.[/QUOTE]

I was joking :hot: Uhh if you get scammed, it wasnt my fault. Again I dont see how there is any chance Frys happened to get some somehow, when Walmart and Target dont.....

[quote name='merchie89']I was joking :hot: Uhh if you get scammed, it wasnt my fault. Again I dont see how there is any chance Frys happened to get some somehow, when Walmart and Target dont.....[/QUOTE]

eh its ok, its only 100 bucks, nothing else out there to throw 100 bucks at. and why would walmart or target get them?

[quote name='xeroblade']eh its ok, its only 100 bucks, nothing else out there to throw 100 bucks at. and why would walmart or target get them?[/QUOTE]

Just that Frys getting it before Walmart or Target, outside of the 3 exclusive retailers, seems very unlikely

If they cancel your order eventually, can't you file a complaint and get some store credit? Anybody had luck with doing this at Fry's?

Never mind. It is back because some marketplace seller is listing a pc copy for $699?

This may be getting a bump in prints. Just noticed amazon has the listing added back to the item page. For the last several months the ultimate loot chest was not even shown and now is back on the page although it can't be ordered so maybe more copies are coming to retailers.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but; what is the actual chest made of? I would guess it would never along the lines quality wise as uncharted 3 collectors edition. I just can't see paying more for this than I did my entire game system

[quote name='merchie89']Or maybe they just added the listing back up since it is getting closer to release and cancellations could start coming?[/QUOTE]

Hope so. Would love to order from amazon with free release date or 3.99 overnight shipping.

[quote name='TooPoor']This is a awesome CE for 150 ....and tax....[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordered and paid off with credit at Gamestop...no tax, no shipping :D

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm sure this has been asked and answered but; what is the actual chest made of? I would guess it would never along the lines quality wise as uncharted 3 collectors edition. I just can't see paying more for this than I did my entire game system[/QUOTE]

I believe they said it was a very hard plastic.

It is not the actual HOLD process of the credit card that bothers many as long as you actually get the item in the end. I guess to have the funds held on an rotational cycle and then there is no absolute guarantee that they will fulfill all pre-order obligations is an concern. You could have those funds temporarily locked up and this could potentially prevent some from ordering this somewhere else. I know in a perfect world everyone should have more than a few hundred dollars credit available to their credit card or bank account, but this is called CHEAP ASS GAMER for a reason. Many people are not well to do as they are high school kids, college students or people with a ton of bills and have only a certain amount of expendable cash. They need to stretch that amount to cover the most games with the cash they have available.

[quote name='slowdive21']I can't do it. over $170 with tax and shipping. I will probably be able to get one at GS after the 48 hour hold.[/QUOTE]
Good luck this sold out everywhere so fast months ago and i see a gs employee buying what they can IF they get a chance so they can flip it. This is rare and i am happy i preordered on amazon cause they do not charge until ships so why not...

these will be up on ebay for $200-250 and selling i can imagine. too many people got blindsided by the quantity and missed out.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Good luck this sold out everywhere so fast months ago and i see a gs employee buying what they can IF they get a chance so they can flip it. This is rare and i am happy i preordered on amazon cause they do not charge until ships so why not...[/QUOTE]

I've got 3 Diablo 3 CEs that say otherwise ;) I do think this will be a tougher find though.

[quote name='Tarskidx']It is not the actual HOLD process of the credit card that bothers many as long as you actually get the item in the end. I guess to have the funds held on an rotational cycle and then there is no absolute guarantee that they will fulfill all pre-order obligations is an concern. You could have those funds temporarily locked up and this could potentially prevent some from ordering this somewhere else. I know in a perfect world everyone should have more than a few hundred dollars credit available to their credit card or bank account, but this is called CHEAP ASS GAMER for a reason. Many people are not well to do as they are high school kids, college students or people with a ton of bills and have only a certain amount of expendable cash. They need to stretch that amount to cover the most games with the cash they have available.[/QUOTE]

It's not a perfect world but if one were that hard up on cash and funds then in the end of the game they really shouldn't be focused on spending a $150 on a video game. Given this unique CE and how difficult it's going to be acquire one, it's not giving up too much by dealing with a CC hold. It's not ideal to have a retailer take preorders on something that will possibily end up not being fulfilled but it's the best option we have left now.

[quote name='slowdive21']I've got 3 Diablo 3 CEs that say otherwise ;) I do think this will be a tougher find though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I got the Diablo 3 CE after hey were sold out after release. I don't think this would be tougher to find, Diablo 3 was already hard enough...

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah I got the Diablo 3 CE after hey were sold out after release. I don't think this would be tougher to find, Diablo 3 was already hard enough...[/QUOTE]

It will be tougher. Diablo 3 CE got 3 waves of preorders. This only got one.

$14 for the rental of a time machine doesn't bother me at all. I placed an order for the PS3 version.

I'm wondering though, is there any version (360/PC) that you guys would expect would be more likely for Fry's to have? I've got the vanilla PS3 version preordered at Best Buy, so all I'd really need would be the chest and the goodies.

[quote name='cheeky']It will be tougher. Diablo 3 CE got 3 waves of preorders. This only got one.[/QUOTE]
Then I hope either my amazon preorder or buy.com one follows through. Buy.com had 2 "waves", if you would call it a "wave"....

Anyone thinking they will walk into a store and buy this after launch day is going to be sorely disappointed.

On the other hand, these same people probably don't know the difference between the 2 special editions and will be on CAG minutes after buying the Deluxe Vault Hunter edition to tell us about the huge score they just had, lol.

[quote name='Slowdance']Anyone thinking they will walk into a store and buy this after launch day is going to be sorely disappointed.

On the other hand, these same people probably don't know the difference between the 2 special editions and will be on CAG minutes after buying the Deluxe Vault Hunter edition to tell us about the huge score they just had, lol.[/QUOTE]

while moments later furiously accusing a shop of ripping them off since the loot chest was removed from their box.

[quote name='Corvin']WTF?

I ordered one a month ago from Fry's and they canceled it last week. What the hell is going on here?[/QUOTE]

Im sure they will find more in the magical Borderlands tree. Dont worry!!

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I was so pissed I missed out on the preorder for this...now it's available I can't pull the trigger. I'll be satisfied with Vanilla. Or maybe I'll randomly find one a year from now at Best Buy for $29.99 haha![/QUOTE]

You're probably not going to be that lucky. I'm gonna preorder. Worst thing they can do is not send it.

I ordered one a month ago from Fry's and they canceled it last week. What the hell is going on here?[/QUOTE]

I think that says it all

Did they say why?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Good luck this sold out everywhere so fast months ago and i see a gs employee buying what they can IF they get a chance so they can flip it. This is rare and i am happy i preordered on amazon cause they do not charge until ships so why not...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if these are limited, there's NO chance there will be extras at Gamestop. The manager at the one I reserved mine at was commenting about how she was pissed she missed out. I'm sure she won't pass up the opportunity to pick one up if there's any left, and if they are worth money the employees will get wise to it immediately and buy them for ebay or to save.

thanks OP... this will be my fourth pre-order for one. One place cancelled, but I'm still active at buy.com, JR.com and now Frys.com. I do suspect all will be killed just before or just after release, but all I can do is try... and if I get extras I don't think they'll be hard to sell.

I don't mind trying for one, but what really eats me is that I still need to keep the basic game pre-order at Gamestop to ensure I get the DLC extras... lame.

I placed an order, this is probably the best shot I even have at getting one. But I'll expect a cancellation and be pleasantly surprised if it actually shows up.

Damn, didn't realize the demand for this was so high, or I would have ordered on Amazon.

Well, I'll prolly snatch it up if it goes back in stock at Amazon. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the base game + $10 credit.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Damn, didn't realize the demand for this was so high, or I would have ordered on Amazon.

Well, I'll prolly snatch it up if it goes back in stock at Amazon. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the base game + $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

that pretty much caught everyone off guard... the gamestop employee said the preorder window was only open for like a week or two. i totally missed it - so i got one thru ebay and now hopefully frys will come thru, one way or another i'm gonna get one.

Grabbed one, hopefully it will ship. The shipping is a bit high, but no tax makes the cost more palatable. I'm still kicking myself for vacillating on pre-ordering when Amazon had them in stock.

[quote name='slowdive21']I've got 3 Diablo 3 CEs that say otherwise ;) I do think this will be a tougher find though.[/QUOTE]
diablo is pc sales not console. you snooze u lose amazon does not charge until ship so i do not feel bad for people. borderlands 2 chest will keep value cause of the chest alone....

[quote name='Slowdance']Anyone thinking they will walk into a store and buy this after launch day is going to be sorely disappointed.

On the other hand, these same people probably don't know the difference between the 2 special editions and will be on CAG minutes after buying the Deluxe Vault Hunter edition to tell us about the huge score they just had, lol.[/QUOTE]
Dead on.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah, if these are limited, there's NO chance there will be extras at Gamestop. The manager at the one I reserved mine at was commenting about how she was pissed she missed out. I'm sure she won't pass up the opportunity to pick one up if there's any left, and if they are worth money the employees will get wise to it immediately and buy them for ebay or to save.[/QUOTE]
Yup even people with gs connections will be pissed on this one.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Damn, didn't realize the demand for this was so high, or I would have ordered on Amazon.

Well, I'll prolly snatch it up if it goes back in stock at Amazon. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the base game + $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I pre-purchased the loot chest edition on the first day of availability on Amazon. But, as time wore on, I ended up canceling the pre-order and switching to the regular version. Don't get me wrong - I LOVED the first Borderlands .... heck, I have a Claptrap figure staring at me right now :D However, I just couldn't justify 100 dollar difference for the chest (nice, but would become a glorified mini organizer chest after a few weeks ... heck, I have no idea where my Pandora's Box is from GOW 3 SE right now), the bobblehead (which will probably be cheap ... have yet to get a good quality bobble out of ANY special editions), and the artbook/field notebook. I would have much preferred a statue of the original vault hunters or the new crew to the chest. But, more power to those that want it.

P.S. I probably would have kept my pre-order if the chest had the swing out trays (like in the game) along with some panels to make it look like it was actually holding loot - no need for individual items, just a couple of plastic panels with a few weapons/ ammo detailed into them. Then I could have displayed the chest open and rationalized it as a display piece.

P.S.S. If anyone is buying this edition just for the chest and bobble, I would be willing to pay for the art book and field notebook/ paper collectibles that you don't want. Just LMK.

I am very skeptical that this will go through. They are still keeping pre-order reservations open and with everyone knowing how rare this appears to be, I doubt that they are able to fulfill their current reservation allotment, let alone present and future orders.

I am just hoping they will decide to comp the people who they are not able to fulfill their pre-orders when they oversell like Amazon and Best Buy have done in the past.

[quote name='JKSonic']While I did really like the first one I felt like it got kinda repetitive (even for a loot-fest) and I could never bring myself to finish it. Because of that I'm stuck between "excited" and "meh" for #2. I've read some previews and stuff but I haven't really seen much on what they're actually improving or if it's just going to feel like a big expansion pack.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I had a lot of fun with the original game, liked Zombie Island, mostly enjoyed Secret Armory, never got Underdome because I heard it wasn't as good as the others... then bought Claptrap Revolution when it came out and found myself thoroughly burnt out on the game so I never finished it. Not sure I'm ready for more, especially with things as backlogalicious as they are now.

That chest is exceptionally sweet, though. Hoping it's not a genuinely limited edition and I'll be able to score one at a lower price once I'm ready for some BL2.

[quote name='morrodox']I feel the same way. I had a lot of fun with the original game, liked Zombie Island, mostly enjoyed Secret Armory, never got Underdome because I heard it wasn't as good as the others... then bought Claptrap Revolution when it came out and found myself thoroughly burnt out on the game so I never finished it. Not sure I'm ready for more, especially with things as backlogalicious as they are now.

That chest is exceptionally sweet, though. Hoping it's not a genuinely limited edition and I'll be able to score one at a lower price once I'm ready for some BL2.[/QUOTE]

The underdome was so repetitive... and the long rounds take an 1-2 hours each to beat... depending on your level, playing solo or multiplayer etc.... It's like horde mode in Gears, but boring as hell.

[quote name='morrodox']

That chest is exceptionally sweet, though. Hoping it's not a genuinely limited edition and I'll be able to score one at a lower price once I'm ready for some BL2.[/QUOTE]

but isn't it nice to see a actual collector's edition? These were up for idk 5 days or something like that when everyone was on this site and probably saw a topic on it.

a ME 1 size release or a bioshock 2 size release? which would you choose?

bread's done
Back