Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of wish I would have preordered one just so I could have the option to cancel, if I didn't end up wanting it... but at the same time, the only thing I wanted from the ULCE that isn't in the other special edition was the journal.

I wasn't too interested in everything else. I wish the special edition had the journal, then the ULCE was special just for its loot chest.

Does anyone think Amazon will cancel orders due to availability? I've never had them cancel on me before for a preorder even when I bought multiples or got in on a price mistake.

Just ordered a PS3 loot box from Amazon.de! I only care for the box and Steelbook and am getting the standard Xbox 360 version and then I'll be set! Thanks everyone!

Went ahead and ordered the ps3 version just in case more us orders don't come back in stock. Also ordering the regular360 version from best buy with $20 credit from unlocked.

I always assumed 360 games were region locked?

I like how people are willing to spend the $150 on the extras, which are 50/50 of being in German, but couldnt pre-order on Amazon which doesn't charge you during the days it was open

[quote name='merchie89']I always assumed 360 games were region locked?

I like how people are willing to spend the $150 on the extras, which are 50/50 of being in German, but couldnt pre-order on Amazon which doesn't charge you during the days it was open[/QUOTE]

Well the ps3 version is region free. And Borderlands 1 along with the GOTY edition were region free for the xbox 360. But I agree the handbook and all the other stuff could be in German. You may not even be able to redeem the DLC stuff here.

[quote name='fiddycan']Just ordered a PS3 loot box from Amazon.de! I only care for the box and Steelbook and am getting the standard Xbox 360 version and then I'll be set! Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

What did it come out to in US dollars?

i dont want them to make more ULCE cause i did 3 and sold one on ebay for 457 and my xecond is at 300 with a day to go ..... flooding the market will be bad for the flippers and good for everyone else ... but then again if youre not enough of a fan to reserve one then you shouldnt cry that you cant get one LOL!

[quote name='guidecenter']i dont want them to make more ULCE cause i did 3 and sold one on ebay for 457 and my xecond is at 300 with a day to go ..... flooding the market will be bad for the flippers and good for everyone else ... but then again if youre not enough of a fan to reserve one then you shouldnt cry that you cant get one LOL![/QUOTE]

I agree. You should have pre-ordered it like the rest of us. How are us flippers suppose to make money if you flood the market? Not all of us have real life skills. We need the money bad. "Mom close the DOOR! You're letting the light in!"

[quote name='ohscaryone']This era of entitlement cracks me up. Because some people couldn't get one for one reason or another Gearbox should make more of a limited edition item so everyone has an equal chance at getting something? When I went to school we didn't get trophies for participation, we either won or lost and we dealt with it :D[/QUOTE]
If anyone's sounding entitled it's you, you don't seem to be content with a mere $200 markup on the ULC on ebay. Is that not enough of a sign that it's rare and will continue to be rare even if a few more units are made?

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Shoulda preordered it from amazon when it was up :D

Hate to be that person, but yeah. I got burned on Diablo 3 CE cause I didn't preorder, but I knew that was my own fault, not the manufacturer or the retail people. If you knew it was coming out and wanted it, shoulda amazon'd it.[/QUOTE]
Think about that for a minute. You're grilling people who didn't preorder the ULC the AFTERNOON IT WAS POSTED, and comparing it to Diablo 3, which took SIX MONTHS to sell out.

[quote name='cakefoo']Think about that for a minute. You're grilling people who didn't preorder the ULC the AFTERNOON IT WAS POSTED, and comparing it to Diablo 3, which took SIX MONTHS to sell out.[/QUOTE]

The boderlands 2 ULC did not sell out in a single afternoon.. stop.

[quote name='GBAstar']The boderlands 2 ULC did not sell out in a single afternoon.. stop.[/QUOTE]
You had to be in the right place at the right time if you wanted it.

[quote name='cakefoo']You had to be in the right place at the right time if you wanted it.[/QUOTE]

I was on CAG. Saw a post stating it was annoucnced on Amazon. I preordered it like I do with all CE's (the moment I see it annoucnced on CAG) because there is no reason not to.

Yeah, normally I don't take issue with the "snooze you lose" stance, but in this case we're talking about a pre-order that was open for 7 days. 7 friggin days, that's it. That's just asinine.

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah, normally I don't take issue with the "snooze you lose" stance, but in this case we're talking about a pre-order that was open for 7 days. 7 friggin days, that's it. That's just asinine.[/QUOTE]

I guess its a massive example of paying attention to what you might want.

I wasnt really interested in the thing anyway, though if I could have gotten an order I would have just went with it lol. Likely just getting the Vault Hunter version for the DLC

I know if i had gotten the loot chest, i would have just regretted it afterward and had it sitting in the corner of my room. (With many other CE goodies i already own and never use)

[quote name='GBAstar']I was on CAG. Saw a post stating it was annoucnced on Amazon. I preordered it like I do with all CE's (the moment I see it annoucnced on CAG) because there is no reason not to.[/QUOTE]For some it was the lack of confirmation the Amazon version contained a certain item. At one time or another it didn't have release day delivery either. And preordering online also means you risk getting a damaged game with no chance of getting a replacement.

Also, it wasn't highly publicized. The threads I've been reading on CAG and on the Gearbox forums contained a gap in the discussion that went from "It's available," to "What happened? It's oos everywhere I've looked."

I missed preordering the ULCE and I had every intention to do so on Amazon. Problem was I didn't want to tie up all of the AMZ credit I had in case I ended up cancelling on it and needed to use the credit on other purchases that were available sooner. By the time I was about to preorder the damn thing was shut off. The thing with this was it wasn't like other CE's that sold out at retailers one by one. It was taken off the preorder market all at once. It was something that few predicted would be super rare.

I'm kinda glad that this is sold out so I'm not tempted to get one. It's 150 for a steelbook with worse artwork, a bobblehead, and the chest, which while very nice, is still just a box.

[quote name='slowdive21']What did it come out to in US dollars?[/QUOTE]

It ended up to be EUR 109,20 with shipping of EUR 7,80 for a total of EUR 117,00.

According to Google 117 euros = 146.5893 US dollars (as of 8/22/12).

And yeah I probably won't be able to redeem the codes but that's what I get for not getting the US pre-order in when I had the chance.

[quote name='panda911']I'm kinda glad that this is sold out so I'm not tempted to get one. It's 150 for a steelbook with worse artwork, a bobblehead, and the chest, which while very nice, is still just a box.[/QUOTE]

Lol thats right keep telling yourself that as you cry yourself to sleep every night for not pre-ordering like the rest of us...hehe just teasing!

I cant wait to get my grubby hands on that loot chest and fill it with jello for my next house party!!

I am tempted to mod the chest into a two level one, like in the game, but kind of busy with work and still haven't finished the Tron CE mod. Sad.

[quote name='GBAstar']I can already see the urban legend of the B2 ULCE growing.. soon it'll be..

"Only five were available for preorder and Chuck Norris got them all.... without preordering... from Sears... who never listed them"[/QUOTE]

Chuck Norris serves me breakfast in bed...

[quote name='cakefoo']Think about that for a minute. You're grilling people who didn't preorder the ULC the AFTERNOON IT WAS POSTED, and comparing it to Diablo 3, which took SIX MONTHS to sell out.[/QUOTE]

Someone's timeline sucks. I waited at least 4 days before I ordered it and still got my copy. Was kind of hard to miss the thread about it on here either.

[quote name='Donut2922']I missed preordering the ULCE and I had every intention to do so on Amazon. Problem was I didn't want to tie up all of the AMZ credit I had in case I ended up cancelling on it and needed to use the credit on other purchases that were available sooner. By the time I was about to preorder the damn thing was shut off. The thing with this was it wasn't like other CE's that sold out at retailers one by one. It was taken off the preorder market all at once. It was something that few predicted would be super rare.[/QUOTE]
Trick is use credit on one then order 2nd then cancel 1st to get credit back. I figured that myself years ago. Now people will know a killer trick.

Would you guys recommend playing Borderlands 1 if you haven't played it before the 2nd borderlands comes out. If so, should I bother paying more money for the GOTY or just get the vanilla version so I don't get burned out

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Trick is use credit on one then order 2nd then cancel 1st to get credit back. I figured that myself years ago. Now people will know a killer trick.[/QUOTE]

When I was ready to preorder I was actually about to do just that. I held off because there were a bunch of other AMZ orders I was planning to make that fell through. Just bad timing.

[quote name='TooPoor']^Couldn't you choose not to use credit for the first purchase?[/QUOTE]

Credit always applies first if available for use.

^Oh, didn't know that, thanks. My issue is usually I don't have enough AMZ credit when I need them, so never ran into your planning dilemma.

I pre ordered with gamestop, couple days later changed it to the ps3 version, went to pay it off last week and they canceled my ULCE and changed it to the limited edition....which is why I've ordered the amazon.de version.

One question though, I know the game's playable on my system, but the online, would it work with american copies? or would i be stuck playing with Europe?

[quote name='TooPoor']^Couldn't you choose not to use credit for the first purchase?[/QUOTE]
it auto uses you're credit balance it sucks but like i said you can do what i mentioned.

[quote name='TooPoor']9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9![/QUOTE]

:lol: :(

[quote name='Strigol']I pre ordered with gamestop, couple days later changed it to the ps3 version, went to pay it off last week and they canceled my ULCE and changed it to the limited edition....which is why I've ordered the amazon.de version.

One question though, I know the game's playable on my system, but the online, would it work with american copies? or would i be stuck playing with Europe?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can play anyone with the online. I have plenty of EU or Asia discs and online is fine. Only thing is that the inevitable DLC may need to be the EU version. So you may need a dummy account to get them, but they'll be playable on your main account. That's the only downside of having an international disc. But there's plenty of people on here that sell £ and € PSN cards. Once the DLC is on your system, you can play from any regions' account and trophies will be fine.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Someone's timeline sucks. I waited at least 4 days before I ordered it and still got my copy. Was kind of hard to miss the thread about it on here either.[/QUOTE]
I've searched the forum numerous times now to check my facts. No new threads were created except for when it was available on Buy.com and FYE.com (and then popped up mysteriously on Frys.com months later). Buy.com will not allow you to cancel your preorder, and FYE.com and Frys.com are apparently very poor choices to preorder something from.

No threads were made for Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, you know the non-pos retailers.

[quote name='cakefoo']I've searched the forum numerous times now to check my facts. No new threads were created except for when it was available on Buy.com and FYE.com (and then popped up mysteriously on Frys.com months later). Buy.com will not allow you to cancel your preorder, and FYE.com and Frys.com are apparently very poor choices to preorder something from.

No threads were made for Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, you know the non-pos retailers.[/QUOTE]
Well, it was sorta a big deal when they announced it. I mean, I bought my copy within hours of it's announcement. But I've been waiting for this game to come out since my buddies and I finished the last one's dlc.

[quote name='Tom Jane']:lol: :(

Yeah, you can play anyone with the online. I have plenty of EU or Asia discs and online is fine. Only thing is that the inevitable DLC may need to be the EU version. So you may need a dummy account to get them, but they'll be playable on your main account. That's the only downside of having an international disc. But there's plenty of people on here that sell £ and € PSN cards. Once the DLC is on your system, you can play from any regions' account and trophies will be fine.[/QUOTE]

nice, appriciate the info, now just to decide if it's worth the hastle of buying psn points in another region or just reselling the disc when it comes in

So amazon.de lowered the shipping price on the ULC and I placed a second order to get the new shipping price since my email discussion with a customer rep told me that I wouldn't get a lowered shipping price on my original order. Now the item is out of stock and I haven't canceled my first order yet. Does amazon.de allow two orders of a pre-order thing (if so, does anyone still need a PS3 BL2 ULC? ) or do I need to cancel one?

[quote name='cakefoo']I've searched the forum numerous times now to check my facts. No new threads were created except for when it was available on Buy.com and FYE.com (and then popped up mysteriously on Frys.com months later). Buy.com will not allow you to cancel your preorder, and FYE.com and Frys.com are apparently very poor choices to preorder something from.

No threads were made for Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, you know the non-pos retailers.[/QUOTE]

It was either the collector's edition thread, which had the name changed to show "Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest" or the amazon thread was removed for bitching. Either way, it was on the front page for a few days cause thats how I found out about it and had a few days to decide on it. Point is not to argue about how long a thread was on the first page, or how many hours it was supposedly up, point of my whole reply was, preorder it when you see it, don't be a procrastinator.

[quote name='kklems']link dead[/QUOTE]

It's not dead, deepdiscount's links don't work with CAG's referral system. You'll have to go to the website and search for Borderlands 2.

I ordered the Loot edition back when it was live on Buy.com. Hopefully they fulfill those orders but if not it won't be the end of the world. I too was surprised at how fast these babies sold out; 7 days as people have been saying.

I was just at PAX Prime 2012 last weekend and attended the Gearbox panel. Randy Pitchfork (CEO of Gearbox) said they will not be manufacturing anymore Loot editions. So for those of you who were hoping they might make more according to that one quote he said awhile back, it isn't happening. He also said stock for Aliens Colonial Marines CE as well as the Vault Hunter's edition for Borderlands 2 are running low. Basically, if you want those it would probably be wise to preorder now.

The only ones that are probably guaranteed to get one are those who pre-ordered from Best Buy, Gamestop, or Amazon. Anywhere else is a gamble.

bread's done
Back