Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
With everybody getting cancellations from the non three main retailers, those amazon.it ones are probably the cheapest way you'll be able to get this set if you really want one. I mentioned earlier in this thread that bestbuy completely removed the loot edition from there site. Never seen that happen before and probably means they oversold as well. These sets are as rare as they claimed.

[quote name='TooPoor']I remember one bank's cc charges minimum for foreign transactions, was it Chase saphhire? I forgot.[/QUOTE]

No foreign transaction fee for the Sapphire Preferred card, I think the standard Sapphire does charge a 3% fee though.

Contacted Frys & got same replay as earlier. My order is still not cancelled

"We have been provided with an estimated arrival date of 9/14/12 to our warehouse. Upon receipt from our supplier, we will ship your order on 9/17/12, the day before the manufacturer's release date of 9/18/12. "

They usually do full language conversions on german games. With this game however, it says 100% uncut so that's a good sign of the stuff packaged in side being in english. If you want your stuff to be in english, the safer bet is amazon.it.

Amazon.de isn't an option any longer for Loot Chest. They had it up for preorder over the last few minutes for PC and 360, though it's now showing with the notification listing and not orderable.

[quote name='Youngnoble']They usually do full language conversions on german games. With this game however, it says 100% uncut so that's a good sign of the stuff packaged in side being in english. If you want your stuff to be in english, the safer bet is amazon.it.[/QUOTE]

So in this case both German & italian versions will be completely in english - including the physical stuff?

Nobody knows, but from people ordering special editions like these in the past, all the bonus item's are in english. The game is a normal pal version in a german outer casing. The 100% uncut tells me this will be the case with this version. The true german versions (everything being in german) of games have a pegi rating. If you look on amazon.de right now you'll see only the standard version has that, and theres a 100% uncut version as well. Notice the pegi rated one is more expensive which tells me that the 100% version is a standard version for the hole pal territory.

screw it just ordered one from ive read last few pages there should be an option to hear the game or at the very least read it in english.

by the way thanks guys thought i was going to go without some loot chest.

and yea for those those wondering the converter said it will be $151.00 us

[quote name='Youngnoble']Nobody knows, but from people ordering special editions like these in the past, all the bonus item's are in english. The game is a normal pal version in a german outer casing. The 100% uncut tells me this will be the case with this version. The true german versions (everything being in german) of games have a pegi rating. If you look on amazon.de right now you'll see only the standard version has that, and theres a 100% uncut version as well. Notice the pegi rated one is more expensive which tells me that the 100% version is a standard version for the hole pal territory.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kind of what I said. Hell, I've ordered a JRPG CE from Japan and the extras were in English. Most of the Loot Chest is visual, rather than written, so I doubt German (or Italian) will make a difference. But yes, I doubt Gearbox would bother with the extras being in "non-English" with many (granted, non-Gearbox) games as precedent.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Reading this thread has me picturing claptrap's voice in German or Italian and it's cracking me up. lol.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Me too! I really hope the guy that does Claptrap's voice is a polyglot. I will definitely play it in German. :bouncy: I played through Heavy Rain in French (probably how it was meant to be played) on my first playthrough. But playing through the second time in Russian was incredible. "SSSHHHHAAAUUUUNNNN!!!!!" :bouncy:

Got an email that Buy.com cancelled my pre-order for 360 Ultimate Loot that I made months ago. Last time I pre-order from them! They gave me a $10 credit, but that won't heal this customers wounds.

And to think I cancelled my Amazon pre-order to go with Buy.Com. I think there was some discount involved.

yeah i ordered the italian version as well. i dont think they will have it be censored. came out to 117.43 euros which is roughly 151$. wonder how much extra my credit card will be charged since its an international order.

[quote name='Electro']in for 1 Italian version. Does any retailer take foreign games for trade in btw?[/QUOTE]

Just sell it on ebay when you're done with it.

[quote name='Rainman']yeah i ordered the italian version as well. i dont think they will have it be censored. came out to 117.43 euros which is roughly 151$. wonder how much extra my credit card will be charged since its an international order.[/QUOTE]

How did you order this from amazon.it? I can't seem to choose country of United States when trying to fill an order. Damn translation is hard enough.

Google chrome will auto translate. Also you can only order 1, it's limited to 1 per account. You can use your us amazon account email and password.

[quote name='Rainman']much extra my credit card will be charged since its an international order.[/QUOTE]

wow i didn't take that into account

[quote name='youenvy']wow i didn't take that into account[/QUOTE]

No more then 3% of the total. There's even a feature in the amazon settings that auto changes the amount to the us dollar. You would have to cancel then reorder though for those changes to take effect. Only amazon.de has it from what I can find. It's called amazon currency converter and it's in the payment options section.

Pre-order at Amazon.it is dead.

Seems like the only chance for people now is to hope a few copies spring up at Amazon, Gamestop, or someplace similar due to failed credit card charges or cancellations. It does tend to happen, we'll just have to wait and see when and how many.

That's my hope. I didn't want to risk missing release date, so I've setup a few stock checks. Worse comes to worse I have the deluxe preordered. Not going to bother with international versions or non-Amazon hopes.

Borderlands 2 Deluxe Vault Hunter Collector's Edition for PS3 is back up on GS.com. I asked for a free value shipping option code at my local GS and got it to work on the online preorder. I noticed that the code said it was not to work with any other offers so I'm guessing if you tried using these free shipping codes that it wouldn't stack with other ongoing promo codes like CAG16 for preowned purchases but it's great to know it works for preorders next time.

Xbox 360 and PC are still out of stock.

[quote name='rexflexall']How did you order this from amazon.it? I can't seem to choose country of United States when trying to fill an order. Damn translation is hard enough.[/QUOTE]

About 5 years of experience ordering from amazon helps. The basic layout of ordering is the same. When it came to the address I have my address on file so I just choose that. You actually had to pay around 12$ shipping charge but they discounted the game to EUR 107,43 and shipping to EUR 10,00. I'm not worried about the currency difference my credit card can figure that out. 3% is not bad but I may bitch at my bank and get them to remove it.

The only international site on amazon that has a listing is amazon .jp where they have a pc version for 59,199 yen which is roughly $764. which I think is a private seller.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to get this game. I was one of the lucky few to get in on the Amazon Ultimate bundle. I'm going to a Gearbox event in Dallas this weekend

I just checked my FRYS.com order. Isn't canceled. All it says is backordered. I grabbed a copy for PS3 as soon as I saw this thread. Maybe I was lucky. It seems like Fry's will have it, they just took too many preorders (no surprise there). And they are sending people who ordered it later emails saying they dont have enough copies. I hope mine goes through because it would suck if they cancelled it the day before the release date leaving me with nothing.

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']Just realized, i guess you wont get it till the 21st.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't release in Europe until the 21st (im pretty sure at least) so it'll be a few days after that.

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']Just realized, i guess you wont get it till the 21st.[/QUOTE]

I didn't order it, just letting people know that didn't get one. It'll probably ship a day or two before the 21st. My experience with Amazon.it and Amazon.de is that packages take 4-7 business days to deliver. At least that's what I've experienced.

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']I just checked my FRYS.com order. Isn't canceled. All it says is backordered. I grabbed a copy for PS3 as soon as I saw this thread. Maybe I was lucky. It seems like Fry's will have it, they just took too many preorders (no surprise there). And they are sending people who ordered it later emails saying they dont have enough copies. I hope mine goes through because it would suck if they cancelled it the day before the release date leaving me with nothing.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling thats whats gonna happen. I ordered right at the beginning & the order is still open

Did anyone else order from JR.com? I emailed and asked about their shipment and if they know if they're actually getting them or what since I need a backup plan to at least get the Vault Hunters Edition if I can't get a ULC. Here is the reply I got from them:

Thank you for writing. The release date is next week. We expect our shipment at that time. However we have not had a confirmation of the number of units that we will be shipped to us at that time. We will ship orders in the order that they have been placed and as long as we receive our complete order will be shipping all of the orders that we have at that time. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Also, I think the review embargo is up in just a minute. Or IGN at least will have a review.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Did anyone else order from JR.com? I emailed and asked about their shipment and if they know if they're actually getting them or what since I need a backup plan to at least get the Vault Hunters Edition if I can't get a ULC. Here is the reply I got from them:

Thank you for writing. The release date is next week. We expect our shipment at that time. However we have not had a confirmation of the number of units that we will be shipped to us at that time. We will ship orders in the order that they have been placed and as long as we receive our complete order will be shipping all of the orders that we have at that time. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Also, I think the review embargo is up in just a minute. Or IGN at least will have a review.[/QUOTE]
9/10 no surprise there. This should be a game of the year but will more than likely get passed over by in favor of games made by bigger studios. Is it midnight on monday yet?!?

[quote name='Drowningshrimp']I just checked my FRYS.com order. Isn't canceled. All it says is backordered. I grabbed a copy for PS3 as soon as I saw this thread. Maybe I was lucky. It seems like Fry's will have it, they just took too many preorders (no surprise there). And they are sending people who ordered it later emails saying they dont have enough copies. I hope mine goes through because it would suck if they cancelled it the day before the release date leaving me with nothing.[/QUOTE]

FRYS is weird...I see others who ordered before me got cancelled. Maybe it's because I personally called them to keep my order up when they sent the emails out about the product being back ordered?

Otherwise I started to ask stores if they know about getting any in. A friend in best buy says it doesn't look like there will be any extras coming. A friend in Target says it looks like they won't be getting any. I also went to toys r' us and they have no idea what I'm talking about so they told me to come back thursday when the video game shipment typically comes in.....I go back and they tell me they don't know what comes in shipment or when it does. So I'm for the most part ruling those stores out by me if I end up needing to go on a hunt on Tuesday. I have yet to check out wal-mart, but I doubt they will have any answers.

I checked my order today and it still says back ordered at Frys.com. I'm in one for the PS3 version myself. What's interesting is that Fry's canceled my order due to my payment method not working and I called them back on August 16 and got my order back.

official forums has people saying that the foreign countries versions (germany, france, italy, etc) are going to be in those languages with the bonus materials for those that were wrondering

[quote name='Strigol']official forums has people saying that the foreign countries versions (germany, france, italy, etc) are going to be in those languages with the bonus materials for those that were wrondering[/QUOTE]

All that was said was a guy contacted amazon.de and they said that the game would be in german. They have no idea what the contents inside the packaging besides the actual game will be. Only the outer box will be in the countries language.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Pictures of the set have been released. We now know the total number of sets produced. 53,160. Thats half of the number of diablo 3 ce's produced.

I like what I see.

http://imgur.com/a/3GaZO[/QUOTE]
Awesome pics! Now, just need cryo-sleep all weekend so Monday night will get here faster. Maybe I can stockpile sleep in prep for next week...

[quote name='Youngnoble']Pictures of the set have been released. We now know the total number of sets produced. 53,160. Thats half of the number of diablo 3 ce's produced.

I like what I see.

Damn. I was playing on selling the one I had coming to help pay for the Christmas rush of games coming, but those pictures make me want to keep it now.

[quote name='Youngnoble']All that was said was a guy contacted amazon.de and they said that the game would be in german. They have no idea what the contents inside the packaging besides the actual game will be. Only the outer box will be in the countries language.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the version that was on Amazon.it had the full english name for it, who I think we'll only know the truth once people get theirs from each different foreign order. Until then, people should stop spreading misinformation, imo.

I like what I see.

That looks amazing.

I have checked my BUY.com pre-order every single day. I pre-ordered it DAY 1. NOw all of a sudden TODAY, 4 days before launch, those fucking jerks cancelled it.

THEY CAN SHOVE IT!!!!

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']I have checked my BUY.com pre-order every single day. I pre-ordered it DAY 1. NOw all of a sudden TODAY, 4 days before launch, those fucking jerks cancelled it.

THEY CAN SHOVE IT!!!![/QUOTE]

Yep, sucks. They'll prob give you $10 for the cancellation.

We all got cancelled by Buy.com and got $10. It was really disappointing, and to think they have the audacity to list the item that valued at $150 when they are not certain they will be getting the item AT ALL.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']I dont want their $10. They can fucking suck it.

I was actually wanting the item for myself. Not to sell. This is BS.[/QUOTE]

hey they were never getting them anyways......wasted your time. durp

bread's done
Back