Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guerrilla']

It's worse than that, and you weren't the only person who was screwed out of this. Basically what happened was this:

1) Frys sold (or thought it sold) too many preorders, which they filled in reverse order, then cancelled the remaining orders; there appears to be no apparent reason for this because---

2) On 9/18 at 6:30am EST (through 10am?), Frys suddenly posted a large stock of extra Xbox loot chests. We don't know if these were from credit fails or misallocation. They're filling these orders as best they can, and it appears that most people who ordered during that time frame have received confirmation, and that's most people who are posting now. However, there doesn't appear to be an order fulfillment pattern to these, as some later orders are getting confirmation before earlier orders.

I'm just amazed at how terrible their preorder process is to have cancelled so many preorders, then suddenly have a large stock of XBox chests appear out of nowhere. Also they haven't posted any PS3 or PC chests from what I've seen.
[/QUOTE]
Holy crap. I didn't even know they put them back up for sale the morning of of the release. But yeah it seems they royally screwed the whole thing up. Not like they care they'll still get the sales.

No luck on Amazon this afternoon. Checked all nearby Gamestops, and all preorders were picked up. Someone mentioned Gamestop.com, but I have no experience with the site--is there any chance that copies will show up like they did on Amazon this morning (i.e., is it worthwhile to keep checking)?

[quote name='notung']No luck on Amazon this afternoon. Checked all nearby Gamestops, and all preorders were picked up. Someone mentioned Gamestop.com, but I have no experience with the site--is there any chance that copies will show up like they did on Amazon this morning (i.e., is it worthwhile to keep checking)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they haven't relisted since they sold out back in May. There's a very good chance some will appear soon.

Blargh, got mine today and no marcus bobblehead in my chest, just empty. I'm sure it's posted here but just a heads up there is a link over at 2K if anyone else is affected. If you did get your bobblehead, please don't fill out the info just to get an extra one,

http://support.2k.com/entries/22016072-ultimate-loot-chest-missing-bobblehead

Really hoping that they come through and send me one. Roommate ordered one from Amazon and got it same day as me (Yesterday) and his was in there. I just waited to open mine when I got home from work today, and could tell that chest felt a little light before I opened it -_-

[quote name='BlurredReality']Blargh, got mine today and no marcus bobblehead in my chest, just empty. I'm sure it's posted here but just a heads up there is a link over at 2K if anyone else is affected. If you did get your bobblehead, please don't fill out the info just to get an extra one,

http://support.2k.com/entries/22016072-ultimate-loot-chest-missing-bobblehead

Really hoping that they come through and send me one. Roommate ordered one from Amazon and got it same day as me (Yesterday) and his was in there. I just waited to open mine when I got home from work today, and could tell that chest felt a little light before I opened it -_-[/QUOTE]

Yea, me too, mines was also from Amazon. I didnt even notice till my sister pointed it out later to me.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I checked my order on frys and it says order fulfilled but no tracking info. I have not received an email from frys on it shipping either. Looks to be ok, but still kind of in limbo. Now I am currently sitting on a vault editon and possibly 2 loot chests coming... total $450 :([/QUOTE]I posted this earlier. Worked for several people.

If your order doesn't have a tracking number,

You can go to UPS and track by reference. Use your order number as the reference number. Order number should be 12 digits. I had to add 0001 to my order number for it to work. Hope that helps

Unbelievable!!! Had it in my cart just now and got all the way to order confirmation and it wouldn't go through because item was out of stock...ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Can't catch a break!

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Unbelievable!!! Had it in my cart just now and got all the way to order confirmation and it wouldn't go through because item was out of stock...ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! Can't catch a break![/QUOTE]

Amazon, I assume. Which version popped up?

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']I posted this earlier. Worked for several people.

You can go to UPS and track by reference. Use your order number as the reference number. Order number should be 12 digits. I had to add 0001 to my order number for it to work. Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

Thx for this tip! Looks like I'll be getting my PS3 loot chest tomorrow!

No tracking info on Frys.com so I was getting worried cause I saw my bank account get charged. But I still won't breath easy until tomorrow when that sweet loot is in my hands!

Good luck to everyone else!

[quote name='Gideon68']FYI - My Vault Hunter's Edition hadn't shipped so I called Amazon. They informed me it would take longer because I chose Super Saver Shipping and it takes longer to process. I told them there was an "alert" sign on my order and if that was holding the processing since California residents are now taxed. I paid for it all using store credits and gift cards and did not attach a credit card to the order since it was covered. They put me on hold and adjusted the price down to cover the tax so I wouldn't be charged anymore. It should ship today.

If your purchase hasn't shipped and Amazon is now charging your state sales tax and you paid in full using credits and gift certificates, check to make sure there isn't an alert on your order by going into your open orders. This is the only way I noticed it since I didn't get an email.[/QUOTE]

Not to gloat, but this is strange, I cleared the issue with my DVHE and it went into processing mode and then I was able to order the ULC when it showed up a few hours later but the only one that shipped so far was the ULC which is scheduled to arrive tomorrow while my preorder of DVHE is scheduled for the 27th at the earliest.

I ordered at 5:30am pst and my order was shipped earlier today. Never got a shipping email notification. Just noticed it when I checked my frys account.

Huge YMMV but I just got back from the Microsoft Store in my neck of the woods and they have 4 Ultimate Loot Chests just sitting in the back of their store. My friend who works there said they were told not to put them out and to only sell them if someone asks about them.

Check your local Microsoft Store people! Sadly I'm currently unemployed and couldn't justify spending that much money, no matter how badly I wanted it.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']I posted this earlier. Worked for several people.

You can go to UPS and track by reference. Use your order number as the reference number. Order number should be 12 digits. I had to add 0001 to my order number for it to work. Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

That didn't work for me. I added the 0001 to my order number and still couldn't find it.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Huge YMMV but I just got back from the Microsoft Store in my neck of the woods and they have 4 Ultimate Loot Chests just sitting in the back of their store. My friend who works there said they were told not to put them out and to only sell them if someone asks about them.

Check your local Microsoft Store people! Sadly I'm currently unemployed and couldn't justify spending that much money, no matter how badly I wanted it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I am going to give em a call

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']That didn't work for me. I added the 0001 to my order number and still couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]
did you search by reference and not tracking number? cause I had that problem too.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Huge YMMV but I just got back from the Microsoft Store in my neck of the woods and they have 4 Ultimate Loot Chests just sitting in the back of their store. My friend who works there said they were told not to put them out and to only sell them if someone asks about them.

Check your local Microsoft Store people! Sadly I'm currently unemployed and couldn't justify spending that much money, no matter how badly I wanted it.[/QUOTE]
Yet you did not buy it to sell for $200 profit, kudos to you sir.

Only Xbox or PC too?

[quote name='TooPoor']Yet you did not buy it to sell for $200 profit, kudos to you sir.[/QUOTE]

As much as I could use the money since they're going for at least $300 a pop, I'd rather someone get something they want for a decent price.

And it's a plus if someone from CAG can snag them. I've saved so much from this site, I owe it.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Only Xbox or PC too?[/QUOTE]

Only Xbox unless the PC ones were hidden somewhere else.

And for anyone in the area, this is the Fashion Valley Microsoft Store in San Diego.

[quote name='Woocls']did you search by reference and not tracking number? cause I had that problem too.[/QUOTE]

I'm unable to get it to work for me...does this look right? (Obviously I added some hyphens to my zip and reference #.

ScreenShot2012-09-20at83400AM_zps446bb579.png

EDIT: Just called Fry's. They got me the tracking number. Very friendly, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rig']I'm unable to get it to work for me...does this look right? (Obviously I added some hyphens to my zip and reference #.

ScreenShot2012-09-20at83400AM_zps446bb579.png

EDIT: Just called Fry's. They got me the tracking number. Very friendly, too.[/QUOTE]
Strange that it didn't work but they did ship it. Well, at least you got a tracking # now. Good luck waiting. :)

[quote name='Woocls']Strange that it didn't work but they did ship it. Well, at least you got a tracking # now. Good luck waiting. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It's actually set to arrive today, so, I shouldn't have to wait long!

[quote name='infamyRISE']If anyone wants the PS3 version, but can only get their hands on a 360 version, I'll trade you my PS3 chest for a 360 chest.[/QUOTE]

seriously?

[quote name='slimshady_in_u']come on amazon. Give me one. Seems like I missed it again![/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm trying to pick up a copy for a friend of mine and I saw it pop up at retail but every time I tried to throw it in my cart it kept telling me it was already gone. I actually got it into my cart but before I could even get to the CC payment screen it was gone. I probably should turn on my 1 touch payment thing.

I got as far as the process order page on Amazon yesterday before it told me it was sold out, I've never been supper excited then super disappointed in a 10 second period. Missed it this morning while calling about 40 GameStop looking for unclaimed pre-orders. I have a few breaths of hope but their rapidly fading. :oldman:

Man this thread is still alive?! I feel for you guys fo' sho'! I was super lucky yesterday with mine. Just be sure your 1-click is on to have the best chance if and when it does pop up on the site for purchase. Wish you folks luck!

My Fry's 360 version came in just now! It was 100% complete and in surprisingly good condition seeing how the box it was in was too large for the game and all the air bags were broken. Looks like Frys.com did get some after all. Also, my number was like 8100 or so.

[quote name='Woocls']My Fry's 360 version came in just now! It was 100% complete and in surprisingly good condition seeing how the box it was in was too large for the game and all the air bags were broken. Looks like Frys.com did get some after all. Also, my number was like 8100 or so.[/QUOTE]

So Fry's did have them after all. Nice. Thanks for posting. I mentioned it way back when but I thought Fry's had a real decent shot at fulfilling orders. Seems like folks were adament about the official retailer list being only Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon but even other retailers like JR seems to be getting these too :D

[quote name='Donut2922']So Fry's did have them after all. Nice. Thanks for posting. I mentioned it way back when but I thought Fry's had a real decent shot at fulfilling orders. Seems like folks were adament about the official retailer list being only Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon but even other retailers like JR seems to be getting these too :D[/QUOTE]
Believe me... I had my doubts the whole time. I actually expected to get the Vault Hunter edition. Thinking they mistook one for the other and sold the wrong thing. I'm very happy I was wrong.

[quote name='6er']Can't believe what people are paying for these. over $400 for FREAKING PLASTIC TOYS!!!!! They don't even fly![/QUOTE]

I doubt anyone will be actually "playing" with these "toys" as you call them. People are paying for limited collectibles, not toys, I'd expect a CAG to know the difference.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I doubt anyone will be actually "playing" with these "toys" as you call them. People are paying for limited collectibles, not toys, I'd expect a CAG to know the difference.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, too bad I couldn't get two. Usually for those things I buy one to play and one to keep sealed. Now I will need to either resist the urge to open it, or open it, touch it and keep in my collection cabinet so it won't be damaged.

Looks like the PC loot edition is still getting the high prices (~$350-$400), but the Xbox and PS3 seemed to have calmed down somewhat. (~$250-$300).

Did anyone get the PS3 ULE from Fry's? Mine is still backordered and everytime I call customer support, they tell me they'll let me know the next day. Several times.

[quote name='Woocls']Believe me... I had my doubts the whole time. I actually expected to get the Vault Hunter edition. Thinking they mistook one for the other and sold the wrong thing. I'm very happy I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

Well glad it worked out for the both of us and "bwahaha" I told you so :)

bread's done
Back