Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Not really a deal, but it is sold out everywhere else.

Xbox 360
http://www.frys.com/product/7190922?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PS3
http://www.frys.com/product/7190972?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

PC
http://www.frys.com/product/7191002?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG DEAD

Play Asia (US starting soon, Asia Version Available)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/1...+2+(Ultimate+Loot+Chest+Limited+Edition).html

Edit: Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de/2K-Games-Borde...8E14/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1342480565&sr=8-4 DEAD

http://www.amazon.it/Borderlands-Ul...DE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1347412908&sr=8-15 Game Region Free NEW

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the Italian tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 10 Euros for shipping. So 117 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more than the US version!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are Gamers and there are people who play COD.

COD was never new or innovated, all they did was play off the success that Counter Strike was having with modern day combat shooter in a multiplayer format and brought it to consoles that were crowded with WWII shooters. Activision was smart in realizing that it would sell on the console, they're opportunists, nothing more.

Not only did my ULC edition arrive from Fry's in a destroyed box and the game box was bashed in on the side but the button on my ULC is broken and won't open. So far a disaster. Anyone know of a thread that is dealing with broken or missing items on their forum?

[quote name='cag1000']Not only did my ULC edition arrive in a destroyed box and the game bod was bashed in on the side but the button on my ULC is broken and won't open. So far a disaster. Anyone know of a thread that is dealing with broken or missing items on their forum?[/QUOTE]
If you ordered from amazon, they will provide a partial refund.

[quote name='TooPoor']If you ordered from amazon, they will provide a partial refund.[/QUOTE]

Thanks sorry update post with Frys. Not sure if they can help with the plastic box.

Take it up with 2K because they will replace whatever is broken for you. That's honestly your best bet. When peoples Bioshock Limited Editon has broken Big Daddy figures they replaced it no problem.

[quote name='cag1000']Not only did my ULC edition arrive from Fry's in a destroyed box and the game box was bashed in on the side but the button on my ULC is broken and won't open. So far a disaster. Anyone know of a thread that is dealing with broken or missing items on their forum?[/QUOTE]

wow, I did not noticed on mine that you can use the button to open the Loot box. Most of the "opening videos" I always seen people just lift the top easily. Even on mine just pushing the button doesn't actually make the thing open. I still have to use some force to open it.

[quote name='HellMark']Thanks for the MS store recommendation. Was able to walk in and get the last two (one for my brother and I) with the 10% discount. Had no idea these were going to be so limited. Thanks again![/QUOTE]

No problem. I think my MS Store still have 3 in stock. I might have to just go pick one up. The only thing stopping me last week was being unemployed but I start work at THQ on Monday. JOB = Borderlands loot!

[quote name='Brash_Attack']No problem. I think my MS Store still have 3 in stock. I might have to just go pick one up. The only thing stopping me last week was being unemployed but I start work at THQ on Monday. JOB = Borderlands loot![/QUOTE]

Karma seems to be rewarding you. :) Congrats on the job. Go get your loot and enjoy it. :bouncy:

Off topic question about the version sold on PlayAsia.com, Does anyone know what it means when it says asia next to the game but also no region protection? Does that mean it will play on US consoles?

[quote name='leeyum']Off topic question about the version sold on PlayAsia.com, Does anyone know what it means when it says asia next to the game but also no region protection? Does that mean it will play on US consoles?[/QUOTE]
You are correct. All PS3 games will play on any PS3 in the world. There are not any region protected PS3 games.

[quote name='no_exit']You are correct. All PS3 games will play on any PS3 in the world. There are not any region protected PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

Besides Persona 4 Arena!

[quote name='Brash_Attack']No problem. I think my MS Store still have 3 in stock. I might have to just go pick one up. The only thing stopping me last week was being unemployed but I start work at THQ on Monday. JOB = Borderlands loot![/QUOTE]

Congrats on the new job (and a job with a gaming company at that!)! :applause: Hope you get your copy soon!

Cool! So, if another homefront level glitch fest shows up, we all know who to complain too! ;)

Congrats on the new job

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Besides Persona 4 Arena![/QUOTE]
Thanks for pointing that out (prior to Aug 7, my statement was correct :))

Sorry about that.... must have been a canceled order or maybe a mistake on Amazons side. I picked one up just minutes before my first post... and I looked now and it is not listed anymore. Hopefully I will get it. Sorry about that.

So, the DLC card in here. Is it worth keeping? It appears to be selling for $15+ on ebay.

Also, the premiere club, probably worth keeping? Can you use that key on every playthrough or just once per character?

Thanks for any help. I just popped this open finally(Bobblehead included!) and i'm trying to figure out if I want the DLC before I start my first char.

[quote name='Slowdance']So, the DLC card in here. Is it worth keeping? It appears to be selling for $15+ on ebay.

Also, the premiere club, probably worth keeping? Can you use that key on every playthrough or just once per character?

Thanks for any help. I just popped this open finally(Bobblehead included!) and i'm trying to figure out if I want the DLC before I start my first char.[/QUOTE]

I sold my skins and sky rocket grenade on eBay for $35 x_x people are nuts.

I would keep the premier club because of the Mechromancer class that comes with it (once it's released). I'm not confident about how the golden key works but I think each key is usable once per profile. Meaning one time no matter how many characters you create and how many playthroughs you complete. I could be wrong about that though.

Gearbox has said they will be new ways to earn more keys. You get one for signing up with SHiFT via extras menu. It's seems to be similar to Ubisoft's uPlay system.

sigh i was able to get my frys order supposedly arriving today in the mail. anyone here have a ps3 ULC that they would trade for a 360 version. im trying to find the ps3 or trade this one for it etc...all my friends and sister have the ps3 version and its the one i really wanted.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, apparently you can trade the DLC ingame too. No restriction or anything[/QUOTE]

Say what? I need more info on this...

if anyone is Interested in the Poster Best Buy was giving away during their Midnight openings you should check with the person in the gaming department. the store i went to still had a good amount in a box

[quote name='slimshady_in_u']Ebay prices are dropping. Think it will rise again?[/QUOTE]

I snagged one off of ebay for 360 New at around $200 with free shipping. Haven't received it yet, but with free shipping and no tax, if it shows up new and in great shape, I'll be quite happy.

It appears ebay was flooded with so many that the prices are falling... With the holidays coming up though? Who knows.

These do appear to be quite limited and I really wanted one for my collection (I accidentally preordered the deluxe version by mistake and didn't realize it until too late...) I've been playing that version, but will probably toss it up on ebay with the deluxe contents as well, but won't make anywhere near the 99 I paid for it back. I saw a Deluxe version on ebay earlier brand new that was only going for $75 so far.

Or I may just add it to my trade collection here on CAG for someone who wants a good used copy and the bobble head.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']Say what? I need more info on this...[/QUOTE]

Yep, according to Gamefaqs. Someone on the PS3 boards traded for them.

They are on disc DLC, so its not locked out or anything, and it actually gives you the items to redeem them ingame (Just like if you found a skin as loot). Though I'm not sure if the person just backed up their save then traded it, or if you get the items every new character like the Golden Guns.

If anyone here has them, I'd love if you could find some confirmation. (You could easily just backup your save before testing)

Well, my 360 Loot Chest just arrived from Frys. Minimal packing, and a little wear on the shipping box, but the outer game box appears to be fine. Will crack that open in a while, but I gotta play it on Steam a bit right now.

Anyway, thanks for the thanks all, but it was just a moment of luck that I wanted people to share. I'm honestly surprised by the number of copies they had "left over" and I'm glad that nearly everyone who ordered on 9/18 got theirs! Cheers all!

Got mine from J&R, doubleboxed. That is the game box was in a box (perfect fit, so it came that way from 2K), which was then inside a larger box (with packing materials). Perfect condition. I'm relieved.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Was the vending machine bobblehead removed from the final loot chest? Mine didn't come with one. Did get another Marcus, though![/QUOTE]

No, a lot of them didn't come with them call 2k and they'll send you one.

I made a ticket for the missing bobblehead and like someone else said they ask for a pic of the receipt with email address written on it + a pic of all the contents of the Loot chest with email address in that pic also. Very annoying to have to do that extra work due to their fuck up.

I sent mine in Friday I think and haven't heard anything back yet. Would be nice to know if they've sent/are sending the replacement.

At least the game is pretty awesome so far from what I've played.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Was the vending machine bobblehead removed from the final loot chest? Mine didn't come with one. Did get another Marcus, though![/QUOTE]

What do you mean about getting another Marcus? You had two Marcus bobbleheads that weren't in vending machine boxes? The vending machine is the outer box for the Marcus bobblehead, not a bobblehead itself. It should have everything listed on the Amazon page, except the field guide looks bigger on the Amazon photo. Maybe because they're showing it open.

[quote name='Donut2922']I assume that the PS3 and PC ULCE are comparable in weight since the only difference should be due to the weight in the game disc.

My PS3 sealed weighs at 6.4 lbs. (100 ounces) and my PC sealed weighs at 6.5 lbs. (101 ounces).

Can anybody report their PS3/PC weights? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I bought a PC and it weighs 6 lbs 5.2 oz (101.2 oz). Did yours have the bobble head in it?

[quote name='slowdive21']I bought a PC and it weighs 6 lbs 5.2 oz (101.2 oz). Did yours have the bobble head in it?[/QUOTE]

I kept mine sealed but opened up my Xbox to submit a bobblehead missing claim. Still haven't heard anything back. This is ridiculous.

I was missing my bobble too... I've been dealing with 2K for the last 2 weeks. My suggestion is be ready to wait a while for any help.

[quote name='teknomedic']I was missing my bobble too... I've been dealing with 2K for the last 2 weeks. My suggestion is be ready to wait a while for any help.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't heard anything at all since wasting time sending them the shit they asked for to get a replacement. I'll give it a little more time but if they want to ignore the problem it's cool with me, when their next game I want releases I'll just be sure to show them the same amount of respect they've shown me.

[quote name='Rainman']If anyone would like to trade their NTSC loot chest codes for PS3 code for my PAL PS3 code PM me.[/QUOTE]
Why? PAL code don't work with US console? I bought mine from UK and haven't activated the codes yet...

[quote name='LD_Helix']Why? PAL code don't work with US console? I bought mine from UK and haven't activated the codes yet...[/QUOTE]

They will work, but any codes need to be activated through that region's store. In this case, the UK PSN.

Once downloaded, you can just switch back to your US account.

bread's done
Back