Borderlands $49.99 x360 on Amazon

just bought this as well on saturday for $4 more. they don't do price protection anymore but i have heard of some success anyway. couldn't hurt to fire off an email though. that's what i plan on doing.

Most likely. Sorry I had to strip someone else's referral link from it from browsing another site. Give them a call, as I understand it, they usually do.
Updated link in OP.

Tempting, but so many good games coming up, hard to decide where to spend my money (not to mention my backlog)

[quote name='Izod517']Most likely. Sorry I had to strip someone else's referral link from it from browsing another site. Give them a call, as I understand it, they usually do.
Updated link in OP.[/QUOTE]

You should also probably give credit to where you found this from since you just told us you found it from another site. But on topic, nice price, I'm gonna wait for a $30-$35 price point though.

Dakkon:
1.) Do you like shooters?
2.) Do you kind of like RPGs?

If yes to both questions, you have to get this game.
You will love it and never regret your purchase.

I might be a bit biased because I have already logged ~82 hours in game.

[quote name='Squarehard']You should also probably give credit to where you found this from since you just told us you found it from another site. But on topic, nice price, I'm gonna wait for a $30-$35 price point though.[/QUOTE]

I said I was browsing another site, I didn't say I FOUND it there. Just because I had a referall cookie in my amazon browsing doesn't mean I got the link from another site. Amazon actually found it for me in a suggestion box. I give credit where credit is due:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241608

See.
;)

[quote name='tex1ntux']Dakkon:

I might be a bit biased because I have already logged ~82 hours in game.[/QUOTE]

Are your hours going to be double after this upcoming Veteran's Day weekend?

[quote name='Izod517']I said I was browsing another site, I didn't say I FOUND it there. Just because I had a referall cookie in my amazon browsing doesn't mean I got the link from another site. I give credit where credit is due:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241608

See.
;)[/QUOTE]

Just making sure, you never know nowadays. Plus I never browse other sites to find my game deals, so when you said browsing other site that just meant to me browsing other game forums. I just go directly to the sites on a daily basis and check what games are on sale and stuff. :bouncy:

[quote name='nateeasy29']Link didn't work for me. I just bought this the other day from Amazon. Will they give me a credit?[/QUOTE]

I've had success getting Amazon to credit back any price differences if I haven't received the item yet.

[quote name='karmastorm']I've had success getting Amazon to credit back any price differences if I haven't received the item yet.[/QUOTE]

Is that for before the item is shipped, or has that worked for you even after it has shipped?

[quote name='Squarehard']Just making sure, you never know nowadays. Plus I never browse other sites to find my game deals, so when you said browsing other site that just meant to me browsing other game forums. I just go directly to the sites on a daily basis and check what games are on sale and stuff. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yar, I do the same for the most part. The other site was FW from the Maxim deal. Haha. Amazon has eaten so much of my money today.

[quote name='Squarehard']Is that for before the item is shipped, or has that worked for you even after it has shipped?[/QUOTE]

I've only had success up to about a week after shipdate. I'm REALLY hoping U2 and Demon Souls get caught up in this $49.99 fever going around, if I could get a credit that'd be $20 in my favor.

[quote name='Squarehard']Is that for before the item is shipped, or has that worked for you even after it has shipped?[/QUOTE]

It's worked even after it has shipped. As long as I haven't actually received the package, they've agreed to credit the price difference back as a courtesy. Just tell them you haven't even received the game yet and the price has dropped.

Unless something has changed since early this year when I last had to do it, you shouldn't have much difficulty.

Well that blows. It sorta' annoys me when the price of a game I ordered, drops the day I receive it.

Well...I've been successful in the past by emailing them on numerous occasions, so I just sent them an email. Sure it's only $4, but that's $4 that will go straight back to them anyways. It just makes me feel better that they care...ya' know? ;)

Hope I'm not over-doing it though, as it's the second email for this same order (Borderlands and Demon's Souls) of the Buy $80 get $40 promo code. I emailed them earlier for not having the $40 code yet. Hopefully, as in the past, they just issue me a $40 refund.

That or give me the code right away. I want to jump on that Dragon Age deal while it's still around! :)

Best of luck to ya with that endeavor McSmiles.

Borderslands is already on my bought list, incoming hopefully as I type. But not the 360 version. PC gamer 4life.
smile

[quote name='Squarehard']You should also probably give credit to where you found this from since you just told us you found it from another site. But on topic, nice price, I'm gonna wait for a $30-$35 price point though.[/QUOTE]

Why does he have to give credit...who cares?

[quote name='tex1ntux']Dakkon:

I might be a bit biased because I have already logged ~82 hours in game.[/QUOTE]

The answer is indeed yes to both questions, thanks for the advice, I'm getting perilously close to taking the plunge!

[quote name='therpson']Best of luck to ya with that endeavor McSmiles.

Borderslands is already on my bought list, incoming hopefully as I type. But not the 360 version. PC gamer 4life.
smile
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was a sole PC gamer for a long time. Aside from a Gamecube (but you cannot play Nintendo games anywhere else...so it doesn't count). My computer bit the dust a few months ago, and I was stuck with an old, really old, HP to just go on the net, etc.

But recently I was able to score a Core 2 Duo 2.44, 2 GB RAM, GF 7950, over 600GB HDD. The CoolerMaster case is even awesome and I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed (which is awesome BTW). It might not be the most powerhouse gaming rig (though I can play COD4 with options set pretty high), but a couple more gigs of RAM and a new video card (at least an ATI 4850) should do the trick nicely.

Besides...I got it all for FREE! Now that's a cheap-ass price!

I have been waiting for this price drop.

Used some survey amazon GC's i got and got it for free!

Thanks OP.

[quote name='Slappybob']I have been waiting for this price drop.

Used some survey amazon GC's i got and got it for free!

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... what kind of surverys give Amazon credit? Care to share? Thanks!

EDIT: Gotcha, Izod. Will head over there to check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fired off an email to see if I can get the $9 back from the price difference, since they shipped it to me in a #5 bubble mailer and the case cracked in shipment. :bomb: Had to deal with a return and shipping the damaged one back to them.

Worth firing off the email to see what happens. Worst thing they do is say no.

I shot off an email for both Demon's Souls and Borderlands. They decided to drop the price the day I receive my order. At $49.99 each, that would have saved me $11!

If they don't refund me the difference, that's just unacceptable. I'll never give up on this one...all the Indians in Bombay in Amazon CS can tell me no...

But I'll keep going until I get someone from the USA that says..."Yes! You are correct loyal Amazon customer! You do deserve your $11 refund. And here's free beer for all your troubles."

One can only dream... :)

OK, so I was just shot down. Attempt #2 is under way.

If I get shot down, I'll just call. I hate dealing with the outsourced help from India. I want to speak to an American.

I bought the PS3 version earlier today and just shot an e-mail to customer service and they already responded and gave me the refund of $4.34. I love Amazon and all of you CAGs for bringing things like this to my attentions haha.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I bought the PS3 version earlier today and just shot an e-mail to customer service and they already responded and gave me the refund of $4.34. I love Amazon and all of you CAGs for bringing things like this to my attentions haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's easier when your items haven't yet shipped. Mine was already delivered. If I lose out, it's only $11 total...I guess since I do have the $40 credit coming, it's no big deal. Just wish these prices were in effect during the Buy $80 Get $40 deal.

hm i ordered it last week during the buy $80 get $40 deal and had it delivered last tuesday...i'm assuming an email would probably not work out? i mean i can't complain too much since the other game i got i flipped back to amazon and basically made this cost $20...but it would be cool.

Picked this up last week during the 80 / 40 deal.

Last night I sent a message requesting a $4 credit and this morning I received a reply that the credit had been issued. Amazon is the best!

this game is awesome, I highly recommend it if you like shooters/rpgs. I actually don't realy like shooters, but used to be addicted to World of Warcraft and this game feels a lot like that. It's mission system and loot is very Warcraft like. It will take about 20 hours to beat on first play through, but this is one of a very few games I've wanted to play a second time. In order to get to the level 50 cap you need a second play through. Also, playing online co-op is a ton of fun even with strangers.

My order from Saturday for the PS3 version hadn't shipped yet, so I emailed and asked for a $4 refund. Thankfully, they obliged but they made sure to let me know they were making a one time exception (pointing out that they don't have a price guarantee).

[quote name='CKaz']...Price War with whom?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop. Gamestop started this $49.99 craze with U2. It eventually spilled over to U2, R&C, Demons Souls, and Boarderlands. Also posting "..." makes you look like an ass.

[quote name='Izod517']Gamestop. Gamestop started this $49.99 craze with U2. It eventually spilled over to U2, R&C, Demons Souls, and Boarderlands. Also posting "..." makes you look like an ass.[/QUOTE]

How so? I really didn't know, and if it was clear to everyone else so be it.
I don't see how it makes me look like an ass tho, I think you won that crown...

Either way I appreciate the info, if not the 'tude.
Shame Walmart didn't get involved in this one, I have credit I need to use up :b

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yeah, it's easier when your items haven't yet shipped. Mine was already delivered. If I lose out, it's only $11 total...I guess since I do have the $40 credit coming, it's no big deal. Just wish these prices were in effect during the Buy $80 Get $40 deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to jump on that deal, but I just didn't see much that I wanted and especially to pay for. I've purchased so many games this month, whether for me or for friends for Christmas/birthdays.

But, my game actually had shipped when I contacted them - I was using one day shipping.

So what's the deal if you like shooters but aren't that much into RPG's? I played FALLOUT for a while and liked it but ultimately it was just a little too "RPG'ish" for my taste. I've read that BORDERLANDS is the reverse of FALLOUT (more of a shooter than an RPG as opposed to the other way around), but I'd like to hear some opinions from CAG's before I contemplate this deal. :)

bread's done
Back