Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

Anyone that wants to go through Zombie Island or Underdome send me a fr.

Usually play at night, central time here by the way

speaking of the DLC disc, if it happens to be installable like the Fallout Expansions were, we should make a group designated to share the disc.

Yeah, the disc has been planned for awhile, back before Knoxx was even out.

If there really is more DLC coming, I'm sure we'll see another disc down the line that includes Knoxx and whatever else comes out in the future.

[quote name='lolwut?']Yeah, the disc has been planned for awhile, back before Knoxx was even out.

If there really is more DLC coming, I'm sure we'll see another disc down the line that includes Knoxx and whatever else comes out in the future.[/QUOTE]It'll probably be like how Fallout 3 had all those discs with DLC on it. Then they'll release a big fuck you to all their early adopters by releasing a GOTY edition with extra "exclusives" you can probably only get if you buy the GOTY edition. Not to mention the fact that the extra exclusives will more than likely end up on the marketplace a month or two later when you've already bought the game twice.

I'm just saying...

I'd just like to say thank fuck I never have to play the Underdome again. Doing the standard 5 round challenges was fun enough, but tackling the 20 round challenges was absolutely ridiculous. Might not be so bad if it didn't require 3-4 hours of your attention in one sitting.

Well, if they just included Gen Knoxx I'd probably buy it, but knowing there's already an expansion out that's not included gives me zero incentive to get this add-on disc.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']I'd just like to say thank fuck I never have to play the Underdome again. Doing the standard 5 round challenges was fun enough, but tackling the 20 round challenges was absolutely ridiculous. Might not be so bad if it didn't require 3-4 hours of your attention in one sitting.[/QUOTE]

wow man, u really have to play 3-4 hours straight without any save points in between. that's crazy. i've purchased all DLC except moxxie. wanted to pick it up. i'm such a sucker for borderlands though, that i might just bite anyways.

[quote name='deletion']wow man, u really have to play 3-4 hours straight without any save points in between. that's crazy. i've purchased all DLC except moxxie. wanted to pick it up. i'm such a sucker for borderlands though, that i might just bite anyways.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 areas. The first time through you play each area for about 30-40 minutes.

When you've finished all those short missions you can do the LONG ones (the 3 hour ones).

To be honest it's worth it for the bank, the extra skill points (for finishing the short missions) and the fun of the short arenas. For me it was worth the $10 without even touching the long ass 3 hour arenas.

Yeah, the time commitment with Moxxi gets a little ridiculous. 30-45 minutes x3 for the short tournaments, then 3-4 hours x3 for the long tournaments. The stronger enemies were welcome, but sometimes it seemed like the biggest challenge was just finding a block of time to do it. Also the drops in Moxxi were rarely any good, even with four players.

[quote name='Weepingwillow']There are 3 areas. The first time through you play each area for about 30-40 minutes.

When you've finished all those short missions you can do the LONG ones (the 3 hour ones).

To be honest it's worth it for the bank, the extra skill points (for finishing the short missions) and the fun of the short arenas. For me it was worth the $10 without even touching the long ass 3 hour arenas.[/QUOTE]

Wait, there's extra skill points in Moxxi? How does that work? You just get them for finishing regular missions in addition to leveling up?

Yeah I want the bank but I'm not paying that much for it. It was 10 bucks to get an extra storage slot in Guild Wars and well I just used the free slot promo they were giving out in the newsletter. I'd like to save the boss weapons for just whenever I might want to try them again so a bank would be nice. Plus can't you exchange weapons with your other characters with the use of the bank?

[quote name='Corvin']Wait, there's extra skill points in Moxxi? How does that work? You just get them for finishing regular missions in addition to leveling up?[/QUOTE]

i picked up moxxi a week ago. it's fun, but does take up a lot of time. i saved and went back thinking that i can start where i left off. nope.

but my question, how does the skill points work? will i still get the skill points if i'm maxed out at 61??

[quote name='deletion']but my question, how does the skill points work? will i still get the skill points if i'm maxed out at 61??[/QUOTE]
You get a skill point as a quest reward for doing the Prove Yourself mission. You can do the mission twice, in playthroughs 1 and 2/2.5, for two skill points. Level doesn't matter.

Moxxi is going to be a lot harder now that they've killed the modded weapons...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You get a skill point as a quest reward for doing the Prove Yourself mission. You can do the mission twice, in playthroughs 1 and 2/2.5, for two skill points. Level doesn't matter.

Moxxi is going to be a lot harder now that they've killed the modded weapons...[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you, but they haven't killed modded weapons. I have personally seen some that work in games now and have one sitting in my inventory that I never use just for show (someone duped it for me).

I got the disc. A couple friends are paying me $5 to install it, and then I'll throw it on Goozex, I don't regret it.

I am looking for some partners to play this with on Steam. I just picked it up on the weekend sale and need some co-op buddies. Gamertag Sulik2 on steam, send me a friend invite.

[quote name='Sulik2']I am looking for some partners to play this with on Steam. I just picked it up on the weekend sale and need some co-op buddies. Gamertag Sulik2 on steam, send me a friend invite.[/QUOTE]

Xbox Live and Steam aren't cross-compatible, I'm afraid.

[quote name='killa bee']Jus got and beat Zombie Island... def worth it, it was sick!![/QUOTE]

It was def better than the original storyline I believe but eh I think that's due to the different endings.

Does anyone still play the main game? I know a ton of people on my friend list were playing Borderlands almost exclusively for 2-3 weeks after release, but now I never see anyone on my list playing it. I'd rather play with CAGs than randoms.

For some reason, I have become really interested in this game lately. I had zero interest in it when it was released, but now I really want to play it and I have no idea what the catalyst for that change was. But I've been watching and reading all kinds of reviews and stuff and I'm pretty excited at the possibility of trying it out. Too bad there isn't a demo.

[quote name='Matt Young']Does anyone still play the main game? I know a ton of people on my friend list were playing Borderlands almost exclusively for 2-3 weeks after release, but now I never see anyone on my list playing it. I'd rather play with CAGs than randoms.

For some reason, I have become really interested in this game lately. I had zero interest in it when it was released, but now I really want to play it and I have no idea what the catalyst for that change was. But I've been watching and reading all kinds of reviews and stuff and I'm pretty excited at the possibility of trying it out. Too bad there isn't a demo.[/QUOTE]

It's the same on my friends list, I'm the only one.
This would definitely be a good purchase, the game is solid.
Plus all the DLC? Unstoppable. I played it for awhile, set it aside, but now I'm back into it full throttle. The game just gets better the higher you level. Now that I'm level 50+ the hordes are just ridiculous at times. It's not a cakewalk by any means. It appeals strongly to the hardcore shooter in me, as well as my stat tinkering/equipment evaluating RPG nerd side. You can't quench Nerd-Thirst like that with a sub-par title, so fear not, your dollars will be well spent. ALSO, don't worry about playing multiplayer off the bat, I played through the main story in single player almost twice now, and would recommend playing multi in Moxxi or Secret Armory DLC. They are definitley geared towards the multiplayer side of the game (I can't go very far without dying.) The Zombie Island DLC is a fun singleplayer-capable experience though. So all-in-all, you're interest is well deserved and I would definitely recommend it (if you couldn't tell :roll:.)

I think the main reason you'd want to pick it up now is because of the fan service Gearbox has shown with the DLC and the future DLC plans. I play from time to time still.

[quote name='Matt Young']Does anyone still play the main game? I know a ton of people on my friend list were playing Borderlands almost exclusively for 2-3 weeks after release, but now I never see anyone on my list playing it. I'd rather play with CAGs than randoms.

For some reason, I have become really interested in this game lately. I had zero interest in it when it was released, but now I really want to play it and I have no idea what the catalyst for that change was. But I've been watching and reading all kinds of reviews and stuff and I'm pretty excited at the possibility of trying it out. Too bad there isn't a demo.[/QUOTE]

i'm still playing it. got it since it came out. after knoxx dlc came out, i've been farming for weapons and leveling up the other classes. it's very addictive to me.

If a friend comes over to play split screen and Ive been playing solo the whole time, does he come into the game with a level 1 guy or does he start as the same level as me?

Jesus' Bush;7075819 said:
If a friend comes over to play split screen and Ive been playing solo the whole time, does he come into the game with a level 1 guy or does he start as the same level as me?

He comes in as a level 1, but he could level fairly quickly depending on how strong the enemies you are fighting are.

I am working on a level 21 berserker, so if anybody has another character close to that level, send me a friend request and we can get some gaming in. I will likely download at least the zombie island dlc, while it is on sale this week, but I assume you have to be level 50 before going into that, correct?

Hello-

I just got Borderlands 2 days ago and I'd love to play with some fellow CAGs. I got up to level 8 with a hunter (I love sniping ;0), and I'd like to try all of the classes eventually.

Also, for some of you guys who have the DLC, are they all worth the points? I will probably jump on the deal of the week for Zombie Island, but I will hold off on the others until I hear from you guys. Can we still play together if some of you have the add-ons and I don't?

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to playing with some of you. Maybe even tonight! :bouncy:

P.S. I made a mistake and started a new thread in the main XB360 forum asking for people/friend requests to play this game. I guess I missed this thread at first... the search brought up the PS3 and PC threads... this thread was there but the DLC titles kinda threw me off. I already have a couple Gamer-tags from responses in the other thread (which I have requested to be merged with this one, or deleted, whatever), but I'd like to meet some more of you guys if you're up for it. Feel free to FR or message me. Thanks.

[quote name='teknikalei']Hello-

I just got Borderlands 2 days ago and I'd love to play with some fellow CAGs. I got up to level 8 with a hunter (I love sniping ;0), and I'd like to try all of the classes eventually.

Also, for some of you guys who have the DLC, are they all worth the points? I will probably jump on the deal of the week for Zombie Island, but I will hold off on the others until I hear from you guys. Can we still play together if some of you have the add-ons and I don't?

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to playing with some of you. Maybe even tonight! :bouncy:

P.S. I made a mistake and started a new thread in the main XB360 forum asking for people/friend requests to play this game. I guess I missed this thread at first... the search brought up the PS3 and PC threads... this thread was there but the DLC titles kinda threw me off. I already have a couple Gamer-tags from responses in the other thread (which I have requested to be merged with this one, or deleted, whatever), but I'd like to meet some more of you guys if you're up for it. Feel free to FR or message me. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Zombie Island is definitely worth the 400 points. Moxxi's Underdome isn't bad from what I have played of it, but I have not had the time for any of the larger tournaments which I hear can take 2-3 hours per tournament. The bank in Underdome is nice to have, but I would hold of on it in your case and pick it up on sale. General Knoxx is well worth the 800 points, this was actually the first of the 3 DLC's I picked up since I was getting the other 2 on disc, but it is also something I would hold off on getting in your case at least until you beat the main story once. Last, you can still play with people that have the DLC even if you don't have it, they just wont be able to travel to the areas that you don't have while in the same game as you.

Zombie Island is fucking awesome. Some of the best DLC I've played through. Moxxie is fun, until you have to do the larger tournaments (which is basically what it boils down to). I'd hold off on that until there is a sale, unless you really love the game. I feel pretty meh about Knoxx; personally I'd wait for that to go on sale too.

It was alright, but I'd say the most fun I had during that one is fighting Crawmerax with a bunch of friends (which you probably won't do until you've beaten the rest of the game entirely). Besides that, it's just a bunch of unfuckingfun driving.

[quote name='lolwut?']Zombie Island is fucking awesome. Some of the best DLC I've played through. Moxxie is fun, until you have to do the larger tournaments (which is basically what it boils down to). I'd hold off on that until there is a sale, unless you really love the game. I feel pretty meh about Knoxx; personally I'd wait for that to go on sale too.

It was alright, but I'd say the most fun I had during that one is fighting Crawmerax with a bunch of friends (which you probably won't do until you've beaten the rest of the game entirely). Besides that, it's just a bunch of unfuckingfun driving.[/QUOTE]

There is a ton of driving in Knoxx, but I thought most of the missions were great. Basically everything from Moxxi was awesome and almost all the "bosses" that you see were freaking hilarious when they had audio clips. Even better was the one claptrap, that alone was almost worth it with the lines it had. It was also worth it to increase the level cap, have higher level enemies, and higher level weapons, but that also came after a lot of playtime in the normal story.

Holy crap I'm tired... went from Lvl 8 to 16, had some (ok a LOT of) help from a higher level... definitely reminded me of grinding in Diablo but with badass guns.

I can see I'm going to like this game. As I said, I look forward to playing with some of you. I'll be on tomorrow (er, later today) around midnight or so PST.

Happy Hunting!

Are the expansion packs playable at the beginning of the game? And would anyone be willing to play through the main story with me? I'm thinking of getting this off Amazon for $36.99 with the expansion disc which is $19.99. I just need teammates.

[quote name='Matt Young']Are the expansion packs playable at the beginning of the game? And would anyone be willing to play through the main story with me? I'm thinking of getting this off Amazon for $36.99 with the expansion disc which is $19.99. I just need teammates.[/QUOTE]

Not right from the beginning. You have to unlock the fast travel stations first.

[quote name='Matt Young']Are the expansion packs playable at the beginning of the game? And would anyone be willing to play through the main story with me? I'm thinking of getting this off Amazon for $36.99 with the expansion disc which is $19.99. I just need teammates.[/QUOTE]

Like Life.exe said, not right from the beginning, but unlocking the fast travel stations doesn't take too long. Now I don't know about playing the main story with anyone again for me, but I am more than willing to level people up or do Crawmerax runs too.

teknikalei, added you on xblive, I've got a level 12 soldier, and I just started the game, kinda cool so far. Went to the crystal caves and got my money depleted, so ran back out.

Maybe we can get a group of people playing. So if anyone else just started the game, or won't mind running through it again. Add me >>

Ang Colette , I start playing around 10 PM PST

[quote name='zerotl']teknikalei, added you on xblive, I've got a level 12 soldier, and I just started the game, kinda cool so far. Went to the crystal caves and got my money depleted, so ran back out.

Maybe we can get a group of people playing. So if anyone else just started the game, or won't mind running through it again. Add me >>

Ang Colette , I start playing around 10 PM PST[/QUOTE]

I could do that, if you don't mind waiting a few days for me to get the game.

[quote name='zerotl']teknikalei, added you on xblive, I've got a level 12 soldier, and I just started the game, kinda cool so far. Went to the crystal caves and got my money depleted, so ran back out.

Ang Colette , I start playing around 10 PM PST[/QUOTE]

Thanks zerotl... I am working tonight, but I might play for a couple hours when I get home, which will probably be between 1 and 3 am PST. If you're still on I'll definitely say hi and maybe we can do some exploring if you like.

started getting into this game

man it's fun once i'm online

it's like wow with guns, of course not really as massive multiplayer but i think of it as the dungeon runs with 4 people
. my only complaint is i wish there were a bank and the way ya turn in quests i usally just end up going offline to do that hehe

[quote name='Kevfactor']started getting into this game

man it's fun once i'm online

it's like wow with guns, of course not really as massive multiplayer but i think of it as the dungeon runs with 4 people
. my only complaint is i wish there were a bank and the way ya turn in quests i usally just end up going offline to do that hehe[/QUOTE]

You get a weapon bank in the Moxxi DLC. Your money still counts when it reads 9999999 as well, it just doesn't show past that. I lose like 100 mil+ every time I die but it doesn't matter cause money is so easy to come by.

bread's done
Back