Borderlands for $39.99 at GameStop [Universal Price Drop]

trogoldito

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zippon']All the positive reviews boiled down to one thing: if you like loot, you'll like this game (particularly multiplayer). I thought it was so popular because it combined loot with FPS, which hadn't been done before(?).[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the looting. You're basically looting in Bioshock and I loved the first one. I just don't think this is my cup of tea. I'll try it again tonight before I take it back but it already feels tedious and repetitive to me. I just wanted a game to play on the side when I'm not playing MW2 with friends.

Been trying to sell a steam copy for $25 on the market place... But at this price maybe I keep it and just can wrangle a friend into picking it up too. Thanks OP.

So... does anybody know if this expansion disc is something we can install? I have not heard any information on this. I read the back of the box and it seems like it plays right off of the disc... which would be lame!

Going used online at gamestop.com now for 32.99 + edge + cag16. Was around 27 shipped with tax for me

[quote name='uglyteradon']So... does anybody know if this expansion disc is something we can install? I have not heard any information on this. I read the back of the box and it seems like it plays right off of the disc... which would be lame![/QUOTE]
yes, it is installable. I picked mine up today and am already done with it.
the manager at my store was working when I picked it up, he said "Trade in value is $5 for this, so install it and trade it in"
I told him I'm gonna charge a few of my friends $5 to install it first to recoup my money

22ish with the 25off +edge (on orders $100+)

def in for Borderlands, Tekken 6, Darksiders for 22 a piece... gotta fill up the rest of the hundred though. The Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 battlechests are $15 a piece with the discount, I've never played either of them, are they worth playing now? and anyone know if they'd work on a windows vista laptop? (its not really meant for games but i'd imagine they should work since StarCraft does) ...maybe Sacred 2 used for 12ish, is it better than Diablo?

[quote name='myl0r']yes, it is installable. I picked mine up today and am already done with it.
the manager at my store was working when I picked it up, he said "Trade in value is $5 for this, so install it and trade it in"
I told him I'm gonna charge a few of my friends $5 to install it first to recoup my money[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere online (not even the Borderlands forums were specific about it). I was planning on doing the same thing and then buying a points card for General Knox.

I appreciated the information, going to buy this after class.

Yesss, been waiting for this game to drop to try it out. $27 shipped.
Does anyone know if gamestop used games come with the manual?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']22ish with the 25off +edge (on orders $100+)

def in for Borderlands, Tekken 6, Darksiders for 22 a piece... gotta fill up the rest of the hundred though. The Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 battlechests are $15 a piece with the discount, I've never played either of them, are they worth playing now? and anyone know if they'd work on a windows vista laptop? (its not really meant for games but i'd imagine they should work since StarCraft does) ...maybe Sacred 2 used for 12ish, is it better than Diablo?[/QUOTE]
I would say no, its not better than Diablo but Diablo isnt on consoles either. Sacred 2 is still a very enjoyable game, and I would definitely recommend it at that price!

My son has the game and the DLC. If I recover his gamertag on my 360 and download the DLC and go back to my profile, can we both play the game with the DLC? If so then I'll bite and get the game, otherwise I'll wait until hopefully a version with all DLC comes out

[quote name='myl0r']the manager at my store was working when I picked it up, he said "Trade in value is $5 for this, so install it and trade it in"[/QUOTE]

Kind of a d-bag move on his part. You buy for $20 and recoup $5 of that cost. But Gamestop makes money off your new game, plus makes money when they sell your used copy. And then I'm sure he tells the customer buying a used copy to install it and trade it back as well. Quite a racket those Gamestop folks run. :roll:

[quote name='tukai']My son has the game and the DLC. If I recover his gamertag on my 360 and download the DLC and go back to my profile, can we both play the game with the DLC? If so then I'll bite and get the game, otherwise I'll wait until hopefully a version with all DLC comes out[/QUOTE]

DLC is anchored to the system ID number it was downloaded on and the gamer-tag used. If you bring a tag over to another system you can play that DLC but you'll have to be online. You'll have to be playing on the same console to play with your tag, though.

Apparently the retail disc of the first two expansions is something you can install, though. The first DLC is also half off next week.

[quote name='uglyteradon']
Apparently the retail disc of the first two expansions is something you can install, though. The first DLC is also half off next week.[/QUOTE]

Is the first DLC going to be half off for the PS3? Or is that sale going to be just for the 360?

[quote name='myl0r']just 360, and I believe only for Gold members[/QUOTE]

Good, this is enough incentive for me to hold off until they release a copy with DLC included.

I already have way too many games on the backlog anyhow:
PS3: Valkyria chronicles, Batman:AA, Cross Edge, Bionic Commando, Disgaea3, FFXIII.
PS2: Persona 4, Ar tonelico 1+2, Mana Khemia 2.
PSP: Disgaea 2, Persona, Mana Khemia
PC: The Witcher, King's Bounty: AP, Culdcept
360: Magna Carta 2, Operation Darkness, Lost Odyssey

I'm going to have to put this in my sig so that I can be reminded not to buy anymore games!

Amazon has the PS3 version for $36.99.

Couldn't resist it at that price with free shipping and no tax. Damn you Amazon, damn you.

Not sure if anyone has a local Hastings, but they actually are running a sale on this game for the 360 version only. $19.99 through Saturday night.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Kind of a d-bag move on his part. You buy for $20 and recoup $5 of that cost. But Gamestop makes money off your new game, plus makes money when they sell your used copy. And then I'm sure he tells the customer buying a used copy to install it and trade it back as well. Quite a racket those Gamestop folks run. :roll:[/QUOTE]

haha yea, but suppose the person who buys that used copy is smart enough to install and return within 7 day window, get the DLC for free and give GS no profit.

[quote name='trogoldito']Good, this is enough incentive for me to hold off until they release a copy with DLC included.

I already have way too many games on the backlog anyhow:
PS3: Valkyria chronicles, Batman:AA, Cross Edge, Bionic Commando, Disgaea3, FFXIII.
PS2: Persona 4, Ar tonelico 1+2, Mana Khemia 2.
PSP: Disgaea 2, Persona, Mana Khemia
PC: The Witcher, King's Bounty: AP, Culdcept
360: Magna Carta 2, Operation Darkness, Lost Odyssey

I'm going to have to put this in my sig so that I can be reminded not to buy anymore games![/QUOTE]

No joke, I really want Borderlands..but I have a backlog of around 50 games right now...and I still haven't played some AAA titles like in my backlog. I must stop buying games and beat and sell off some of these I have..

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']haha yea, but suppose the person who buys that used copy is smart enough to install and return within 7 day window, get the DLC for free and give GS no profit.[/QUOTE]

I did that for Fallout 3...manager wasn't too happy with me at all. Oh well, he'll live.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']haha yea, but suppose the person who buys that used copy is smart enough to install and return within 7 day window, get the DLC for free and give GS no profit.[/QUOTE]

I hope the PS3 gets a DLC disc that works like the 360 one.

I just bought borderlands from amazon for $49.99 on saturday...!!! anyone have advice about how I should go about asking for a price adjustment?

[quote name='influx']I just bought borderlands from amazon for $49.99 on saturday...!!! anyone have advice about how I should go about asking for a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

Just email them and see how it goes.

[quote name='influx']I just bought borderlands from amazon for $49.99 on saturday...!!! anyone have advice about how I should go about asking for a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

You can email them but Amazon has revoked their price guarantee a while back, so I wouldn't count on it.

Don't they now say DLC is non-returnable?

anyone notice it is now 32.99 for preowned on gamestop? then you can hit up the CAG16 + edge 10 to make it 24.94 after (4.75 and 3.30 saved)? sorry if repost!

[quote name='jmarano7836']anyone notice it is now 32.99 for preowned on gamestop? then you can hit up the CAG16 + edge 10 to make it 24.94 after (4.75 and 3.30 saved)? sorry if repost![/QUOTE]

Yeah I think that price dropped sometime late last night, picked it up this morning for sure. Used up an old gift card I had so I only had to pay about $8 after the CAG 16 and edge.

Good times for us loot whores who haven't had a chance to play this cool game yet!

[quote name='kylerg']Don't they now say DLC is non-returnable?[/QUOTE]

is this true? can we get confirmation? that was my plan, buy the dlc discs used and then return right after installing.

[quote name='DarkZion']If you don't play with friends, it's not fun. And if you're playing for the storyline, it sucks.

You play to have fun with friends while shooting stuff while getting better guns. Not to mention car wrestling is also fun.[/QUOTE]

It's only fun in mp for a little bit, then it gets very boring. The better guns are the same guns with better stats. The guns are all the same with the exception of color. Really how is this game that popular? The missions are all the same. MP is the same thing, except now you have 3 friends with you. Car wrestling could have been so much better if they allowed all 4 players to have a car.

[quote name='bajingo']is this true? can we get confirmation? that was my plan, buy the dlc discs used and then return right after installing.[/QUOTE]
Says it on the receipts, so yeah, you can't return DLC, though I think it might just be referring to actual download codes like on time cards.

bread's done
Back