Borderlands 'GOTY Edition' - All DLC included $59.99 (PS3/360) $49.99 (PC) ~October

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
http://kotaku.com/5625723/borderlands-is-officially-going-game-of-the-year-this-october

Not a deal, but wanted to make it known for anyone interested in picking this game up or buying the DLC.

Borderlands now $40 MSRP, + $10 for each of the 4 DLC (one is yet to be released). So this is a better value, hoping to see the GOTY edition drop in price quickly. Edit: also includes "one new bonus map that is, according to Gearbox, "awesome.""

Also, Dragon Age: Origins is also getting a complete 'Ultimate' edition mid-October, so that's another one to watch for.

[quote name='Tgebbs']Not a deal...[/QUOTE]That just happens to be one of the two rules for this forum. ;)

That's a ridiculous attempt at keeping prices higher. Almost akin to price fixing, although this SKU will probably crash and burn at retail.

Batman: Arkham City is coming out and is only $59.99 at the moment. Hurry up and place your order before that shit drops in price.

Take your $20 coupon from Other M, use it at Kmart on Borderlands (current MSRP 39.99), buy General Knoxx (as it's the only DLC worth owning) and maybe Claptrap's New Robot Revolution if it's received positively and you've spent $40 vs $60 - and you don't need to own Zombie Shit or Moxxi's Waste of Time Where You Don't Gain Experience Or Weapon Proficiency.

There. That's a deal.

[quote name='Thrinn']That just happens to be one of the two rules for this forum. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there have been plenty of new SKU announcements posted on this part of the forums (usually just Collectors edition). So I figured this would fall into that category and might peak people's interest. I'm just pointing out that this is in the works so nobody buys the normal sku or dlc without considering this as an option

Usually when they put out a GOTY edition, the price is lower and a deal by itself, without a sale on top of this. This is... sheesh.

[quote name='mindsale']Take your $20 coupon from Other M, use it at Kmart on Borderlands (current MSRP 39.99), buy General Knoxx (as it's the only DLC worth owning) and maybe Claptrap's New Robot Revolution if it's received positively and you've spent $40 vs $60 - and you don't need to own Zombie Shit or Moxxi's Waste of Time Where You Don't Gain Experience Or Weapon Proficiency.

There. That's a deal.[/QUOTE]

lolwut? Zombie Island is the best by far, with Knoxx taking a distant second, and Moxxie third.

Not surprised to see this, though I'll probably wait for the eventual sale on the new Claptrap DLC before picking it up.

IDK. i have been burned before when selling my re5 and fallout3 only to pick up goty versions that soon drop in price or are glitchy as hell(fo3, im lookn at you!) or they have a huge sale on the dlc that I would have saved more had i kept the game (re5 dlc capcom put on sale a few weeks after goty hit and it would have been cheaper to keep re5 n get sale dlc) i guess i will keep borderlands(i already own it) and hope for a dlc sale cuz the tiv isnt that good now. i may trade in dragon age for 20 tho and pick that up with all the dlc, idk!

I already picked up all the currently available DLC through XBLA sales, even though I don't own the game yet. I'm hoping that the regular version will hit a good clearance price before the GOTY version comes out.

What a deal, that is the best MSRP I have ever seen.
Could've just posted the press release while you were at it.

that's awesome devotion that you bought the dlc and don't own the game ;) I wish psn would have the deals that xbla has. even with psn+ that i have we still dont get the weekly deals like the recent borderlands and dragon age dlc sales 360 has...

[quote name='Velo214']that's awesome devotion that you bought the dlc and don't own the game ;) I wish psn would have the deals that xbla has. even with psn+ that i have we still dont get the weekly deals like the recent borderlands and dragon age dlc sales 360 has...[/QUOTE]

you can get cheap dlc by game sharing

[quote name='Ardrid']I'd call this a deal if Steam didn't offer all of this for $18-20, twice.[/QUOTE]

They didn't, because the final piece of DLC hasn't even been released yet.

i dont trust anyone online enough to gameshare. thanx tho ;) only thing i gameshare is cod waw and mw2 mappacks with my friend down the street ;)

[quote name='Velo214']that's awesome devotion that you bought the dlc and don't own the game ;) I wish psn would have the deals that xbla has. even with psn+ that i have we still dont get the weekly deals like the recent borderlands and dragon age dlc sales 360 has...[/QUOTE]

I just know that it's a game I'll love. It's from Gearbox (I'm a huge Brothers in Arms fan), it's a combination of the FPS and RPG genres, and it's set in a post-apocalyptic world. :drool: XBL rarely puts the same items on sale again, so once I saw the DLC for 50% off I knew I had to pick them up even though I don't have the game yet. The only reason I haven't gotten bought it yet is 'cause I still haven't exhausted the replay value of Fallout 3!

[quote name='rapsodist']it's a combination of the FPS and RPG genres, and it's set in a post-apocalyptic world. [/QUOTE]

That's what I was expecting, too.

[quote name='Survivalism']That's what I was expecting, too.[/QUOTE]

I take that to mean that it didn't live up to your expectations, then?

I'm surprised a lot of ppl still haven't bought Borderlands yet. Sure there's tons of great games out there...oh wait (checks backlog) nvm. Hopefully the GOTY edition will come with some swanky insert. Like a Moxxie card. (oh man...pun not intended at first).

Yay, looking forward to this. I platinum'd it then sold it, but haven't done any of the DLC. I'll get it at some point.

For those of you waiting for this to drop to 40 or below, just be prepared to wait for a long while. Fallout 3 GOTY is still 60 iirc and has only been on sale once or twice in the past like 8 months (how long I was following it until I finally got a deal)

Ruahrc

[quote name='mindsale']Take your $20 coupon from Other M, use it at Kmart on Borderlands (current MSRP 39.99), buy General Knoxx (as it's the only DLC worth owning) and maybe Claptrap's New Robot Revolution if it's received positively and you've spent $40 vs $60 - and you don't need to own Zombie Shit or Moxxi's Waste of Time Where You Don't Gain Experience Or Weapon Proficiency.

There. That's a deal.[/QUOTE]

Zombie island is fun and around halloween it will be fun to play for new people...

Underdome is a joke and the weapon drops glitch at the end of each round where they get stuck on the top cage. The bank is a must have for this DLC through. If you are a huge fan of borderlands the bank is a must for people playing legit and trying to grind for better stuff. They should of just added a underdome for a bank only the arena battles are dumb since no exp or good drops thanks to the glitch. I did find a few nice rares there but not worth the time.

Zombie island is fun and around halloween it will be fun to play for new people...

Underdome is a joke and the weapon drops glitch at the end of each round where they get stuck on the top cage. The bank is a must have for this DLC through. If you are a huge fan of borderlands the bank is a must for people playing legit and trying to grind for better stuff. They should of just added a underdome for a bank only the arena battles are dumb since no exp or good drops thanks to the glitch. I did find a few nice rares there but not worth the time.

Ive never experienced that glitch. What platform do you play on?
And yeah, even though zombie island is short and not that challenging its my favorite.

[quote name='youngavatar']hey does anyone know if all the dlc will be on disc for xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Destructoid reports that it will be a download token.

[quote name='cheeky']Destructoid reports that it will be a download token.[/QUOTE]

I've seen the "downloadable token" and I've seen a screenshot of the back of the PS3 box where it mentions a second disc.

This is not published by Microsoft and the 1st retail package of DLC (Zombie and Moxxi) does come on a disc.

[quote name='Velo214']IDK. i have been burned before when selling my re5 and fallout3 only to pick up goty versions that soon drop in price or are glitchy as hell(fo3, im lookn at you!) or they have a huge sale on the dlc that I would have saved more had i kept the game (re5 dlc capcom put on sale a few weeks after goty hit and it would have been cheaper to keep re5 n get sale dlc) i guess i will keep borderlands(i already own it) and hope for a dlc sale cuz the tiv isnt that good now. i may trade in dragon age for 20 tho and pick that up with all the dlc, idk![/QUOTE]
Highly doubt another DLC sale. You missed the one that was in August.

[quote name='Vap']Any news on what DLC will be on the Dragon Age 'Ultimate' edition?[/QUOTE]

Very off topic... but all of them. Including Awakenings.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']People on CAG sure know how to be assholes. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Really? Being an asshole is following the rules?

How about this: This post should not be here. It is not a deal.

See? Not snarky at all.

bread's done
Back