Borderlands Now GH/PH $30

Colt1831

CAGiversary!
Article- http://wreckedgamer.com/?p=3018

Borderlands is now part of the 360 Platinum Hits and PS3 Greatest Hits at $30
Article also mentions a GOTY Version Coming Oct. 12 with all DLC

Game is Also available on The Games for Windows Live Marketplace for $7.49 through September 9th
The 4th DLC pack comes out September 28th

[quote name='Aguila']I've been interested in trying this out and $30 is my price point when I'm on the fence.[/QUOTE]
Oh it is worth it my friend

That platinum hits cover isn't bad. Not like the horrible cover in a cover art work.

51NJE2kDMeL._AA280_.jpg

GOTY version drops Oct. 12. If you've waited this long (a year!?), wait to get that on sale. It's not like Borderlands 2 is anywhere on the horizon.

I'm waiting for GOTY for $40-$45. Not sure how long I'll be waiting, but that's what I'm hoping for at least.

this game is worth owning for the amazing cover art itself. Borderlands is easily one of, if not THE, best games of 09. definitely worth it at any price.

Guess I'm finally going in for a purchase. I don't want the Platinum Hits cover, and I prefer the original cover art to the GOTY edition.

[quote name='saosin42']That platinum hits cover isn't bad. Not like the horrible cover in a cover art work.

51NJE2kDMeL._AA280_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That cover art style for the platinum hits was the worst! I'm glad they no longer use that style. The new design is much better.
Anyway, if I didn't get Borderlands on release day, I'd definitely wait for the GOTY. Unless you really don't care about the DLC, it's the best bargain by far.

[quote name='Duke']I'm waiting for GOTY for $40-$45. Not sure how long I'll be waiting, but that's what I'm hoping for at least.[/QUOTE]

If it would be anything like the Fallout 3 GOTY last year, your wait may not be too long. It was going for $40 from several retailers in the first couple of weeks after release.

[quote name='Duke']I'm waiting for GOTY for $40-$45. Not sure how long I'll be waiting, but that's what I'm hoping for at least.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you, Duke! ;)

I definitely like the front of the covers better, but the spines do not match all the rest of my games and that just drives me crazy

[quote name='JuicemanJM']Who gives a shit about the case? I buy games for the games.[/QUOTE]
So you just throw the boxes away after you take the game out?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']So you just throw the boxes away after you take the game out?[/QUOTE]
Nah, I put the disks in one of those 200+ DVD folders and put the cases in boxes in my garage. Why people really care so much about how the art of a game case looks is beyond me, frankly...:roll:

[quote name='Jaysonguy']So you just throw the boxes away after you take the game out?[/QUOTE]

A box does not make the game play better. Unless you like to stare at boxes all the time :roll:

[quote name='Full Metal XL'] Why people really care so much about how the art of a game case looks is beyond me, frankly...:roll:[/QUOTE]

+1

Some people jerk off to boxes. That is my only conclusion.

[quote name='oasisboy']+1

Some people jerk off to boxes. That is my only conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Preference.

Do you want a nice/orignal box or one that looks like somebody wiped their a$$ with it?

The choice is yours choose wisely.

If you dont care GREAT the PH are FOR YOU but dont Knock the people you cant stand them.

[quote name='aots16']this game is worth owning for the amazing cover art itself. Borderlands is easily one of, if not THE, best games of 09. definitely worth it at any price.[/QUOTE]

hence the "game of the year" edition, lol.

i totally agree with you, though. I would pay $60 again for it if I had to. Great art style, fun humor, addicting loot whore style gameplay, tight controls and one thing no other game has...claptraps. It's awesome.

For some people it's not JUST about the game, it's about collecting too. I for one can't stand the ugly red cases for greatest hits, they stick out like a sore thumb in your library.

the main reason i keep the boxes is a) i love instruction manuals. it's a nostalgia thing. i don't even look at them anymore, but when i was a child I would spend hours looking at them. b) i do most of my trading at amazon and they require the box and manual c) when i let someone borrow a game, I would like to be able to give them the whole thing instead of being forced to fashion some sort of paper disk holder or give it to them in a disney movie case or something.

i really like the new platinum hit boxes, but i think i might still prefer the original, i really love the goty box though, and yes it matters to me, i collect video games so its nice to have box art that looks nice

Box art does have a real purpose too- put an ugly box art game next to a great looking one, which would you be tempted to pick up and look at if you didn't know much about either game? Maybe this does not occur for CAG regulars who know basically every game coming out, but for the average consumer box art is an important draw-in on the retail shelf.

[quote name='JuicemanJM']Who gives a shit about the case? I buy games for the games.[/QUOTE]
You should feel right at home buying used games from GS, where you may not get even a complete box. Since you don't give a shit about the case, I guess you'd just be happy with a disc only purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I like good boxes I miss the good or just fun/decent manuals, more-so.
MW2 manual was an f'in joke. Rarity to get more than a flimsy pamphlet now.

Adds color, flavor, background when done right. MW2 had the worst one yet.

[quote name='ttocshsoj']I definitely like the front of the covers better, but the spines do not match all the rest of my games and that just drives me crazy[/QUOTE]

I've got some bad news for you: None of the new 360 game spines will match the old ones. They changed the design of the top of the spine when they changed the top of the front covers and added all that green in the corner.

Of course, then there is also the purple design for 360 Kinect game cases...

[quote name='kataztrophik']Send me all your pristine cases with cover art and manuals if you don't care about them. =p[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I never knew critiquing cover art was something only reserved for morons. I wonder where the rest of us would be ten years from now had we not been taught such a lesson. :roll:

Anyway I suppose now is a good time as any to get rid of my near mint launch copy while I still can. Never did like the game but hadn't gotten around to ditching it until now.

Video Games are Art!
From the colors, shapes and design of the Cover Art to the texture of the manual and finally to the bright surface of the disc!

In the next chapter, we will discuss the gameplay and graphics of video games and study both sections thoroughly and how exactly they can affect one another.
Video games is 21th Century Art!

The Sistine Chapel aint got shit on ICO

I'm gonna get the GOTY on 360. Already preordered the limited edition hardcover GOTY guide for 20 bucks, but probably won't get the game until next year when it drops in price.

I agree with those who like having the non-greatest hits versions, the ugly red cases on PS3 are especially bothersome.

I also agree that the new splines on the cases not matching (mostly ps3) are twice as annoying, why couldn't they leave well enough alone?

Anyway, I urge those who are considering jumping on this game to do a little homework. I'm one of the few who HATED this game. It's so boring, and the online play is pretty lackluster. I tried for about 4-5 hours worth of gameplay over a weeks time period, I just cannot get into it.

Besides the different color case and have Greatest Hits or Platinum Hits on the cover art, isn't the label on disk different too? I recall for PlayStation 2, the PlayStation2 Greatest Hits disk has a red background with white PlayStation 2 lettering while the non Greatest Hits PlayStation 2 disk has the black background with the with PlayStation 2 lettering.

[quote name='Dominick331']I agree with those who like having the non-greatest hits versions, the ugly red cases on PS3 are especially bothersome.

I also agree that the new splines on the cases not matching (mostly ps3) are twice as annoying, why couldn't they leave well enough alone?

Anyway, I urge those who are considering jumping on this game to do a little homework. I'm one of the few who HATED this game. It's so boring, and the online play is pretty lackluster. I tried for about 4-5 hours worth of gameplay over a weeks time period, I just cannot get into it.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your last paragraph. Really do your homework on this game. Friends said it was a blast to play online together, but I found it boring compared to most multi-player games. There is basically no story, you get introduced to characters 1 time, they say who they are, show their personality and then become a hub for missions. Missions are ALWAYS go here, kill this many things, report back, go to next area and kill this many things...but this time they're blue.

I got all missions done in Firestone (first area, right?) and some in New haven before this game bored me to tears.

95% of the guns you find are complete shit.

[quote name='racerman8']Besides the different color case and have Greatest Hits or Platinum Hits on the cover art, isn't the label on disk different too? I recall for PlayStation 2, the PlayStation2 Greatest Hits disk has a red background with white PlayStation 2 lettering while the non Greatest Hits PlayStation 2 disk has the black background with the with PlayStation 2 lettering.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's true too. I'm not sure about PS3 discs, as I do not own any, but the Xbox360 platinum hits have it labeled on the disc as well.

I like the 360 platinum hits line. I have bought a lot of them.

[quote name='Dominick331']Yea, that's true too. I'm not sure about PS3 discs, as I do not own any, but the Xbox360 platinum hits have it labeled on the disc as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PS3 GH discs are also marked red on the bottom 1/4 of the disc.

bread's done
Back