Borderlands PC $10 GFWL

Not afaik. The only one that does on GFWL only is Dark Void. The rest of the games are identical to their retail releases.

[quote name='dabamus']Not afaik. The only one that does on GFWL only is Dark Void. The rest of the games are identical to their retail releases.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War on PC did this (you can tie your XBL account to get Achievements from the PC version). Just wasn't sure about GFWL games, but thanks. I'll probably get this if I can find some pals to play with. :D

There's a difference between a GFWL game(ie. Games that support Xbox Live/GFWL gamertags) and games on the Games for Windows marketplace. If it doesn't have the bar at the top saying "Games for Windows Live" on the boxart. then it doesn't support GFWL/XBL.

EDIT: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...0lIMkNDa2c4X1llVTlUZlE&hl=en&authkey=CNX1yKEB

There's a relatively accurate list of all the released GFWL games and how they were released. (N/A means they don't have a physical release, basically arcade type games and Dark Void, which only the release on GFW Marketplace has Live features)

Some were physically released only in Europe or Asia, and some were only digitally released. (ie. Batman GOTY)

Even though I'm glad to have found this on clearance @ Target a couple of months ago, I really am kicking myself for not checking out this game sooner. I'm level 23 now w/ about 22 hours into the game. I honestly don't think there's really anything about the game I don't like. Oh & I just got shotgun...that shoots rockets. :lol:

[quote name='aznguyen316']^ are you just playing through Single Player? As just by yourself. If so how's that going.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing single player mostly right now, although I've played a few rounds of co-op online. I should probably play co-op more as you find rarer items online than in single player.

I've got a couple of decent sniper rifles as well @ the moment. One has corrosive attributes & the other fire. Just got my first Eridian gun as well.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I'm playing single player mostly right now, although I've played a few rounds of co-op online. I should probably play co-op more as you find rarer items online than in single player.

I've got a couple of decent sniper rifles as well @ the moment. One has corrosive attributes & the other fire. Just got my first Eridian gun as well.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I agree, I love this game. Borderlands is very addictive - I have to play on PC because I suck at controller driven FPS's. I've been playing on and off since I picked it up for $5 @ TGT and am up to Lvl 28 Soldier. I have not yet tried any co-op online as of yet, didn't think I was at a high enough level to play in the multiplayer arenas. I haven't left the New Haven areas yet and love slugging thru all the side missions. I just picked up my 1st Eridian rifle, it's not bad.

I found the expansion disc for the 360 for the $3.74 clearance price and will give that to my nephews who have been playing it on the 360 since it first came out last Christmas.

I wish I had more time to play it more often but it is fun - but I have to have at least 45 mins of free time to play through the missions and get back to save my progress.

I got to find me some better shields cuz now my health points (505) are almost 200 points higher than my shield points (316)

good stuff thanks for the input guys. I got this upon release last year and played with my buddies a couple times, then got sucked into work & life so I traded it in before the value dropped but now I kind of want to play it again. My buddies all moved on so I was wondering how SP alone is going, if it gets too hard or if you have to grind just to beat some missions.

Red Faction Guerilla is 5.99 for today. When I bough it, it was 9.99 regular price. They might have raised the price to 19.99

I hate to be a stickler. but you might want to change the thread title. Borderlands is not GFWL, it is GFW. Games for Windows Marketplace sells both GFW and GFWL titles. To be honest though, I can't blame anyone for being confused. MS really dropped the ball on differentiating those two brands.

[quote name='dabamus']Not afaik. The only one that does on GFWL only is Dark Void. The rest of the games are identical to their retail releases.[/QUOTE]

Dawn of War II
Choas Rising (DOW 2 expansion)
Battlestations Pacific
Section 8
Halo 2
DIRT 2
Fallout 3 & Expansions

I own all of the above and all of them have achievements which is total hotness. PC gamers are always butt-hurt at anything that might threaten Steam.

bread's done
Back