Borderlands (PC) - $8 shipped at Amazon.com (not GOTY)

gcorlett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Is there anyone left who hasn't played Borderlands, but still wants to try it?

I spotted the base game (not GOTY) for $3.88 (+$3.99 shipping) at Amazon.

Link here.

This is the retail boxed version. It will not activate on Steam, and if you ever want the DLC expansions, you won't be able to get them on Steam, either; you'll have to find retail versions. (Or just re-buy the GOTY version on Steam when it's on sale in the future.)

Having said that, I enjoyed Borderlands myself, but was not particularly interested in the DLC after I'd finished it. The base game was enough for me, it might be enough for you, especially for $8.

u do know that a few months ago the borderlands pc goty edition was on sale on steam for 7.50 rite?

if someone wanted a deal on borderlands they should wait for steam to do it again which they inevitably will. Hey if they waited this long...

It's also unfortunately stuck with DRM that requires you to have the disc always planted inside of the drive if you wanna play it.

[quote name='retrad']u do know that a few months ago the borderlands pc goty edition was on sale on steam for 7.50 rite?

if someone wanted a deal on borderlands they should wait for steam to do it again which they inevitably will. Hey if they waited this long...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably a decent chance the Steam summer sale in July will have the GOTY edition for $7.50 again (with a 4 pack it probably worked out to $5.50 or so).

[quote name='retrad']u do know that a few months ago the borderlands pc goty edition was on sale on steam for 7.50 rite?

if someone wanted a deal on borderlands they should wait for steam to do it again which they inevitably will. Hey if they waited this long...[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course. In April. And I bought the base game myself on Steam for $7.65 (in a 4-pack) in August 2010. Borderlands is a Steam sale darling.

However, today it's $20 on Steam and $8 on Amazon. And (although I am not one of them) I know there are CAGers out there who prefer physical media to digital download. Who knows, maybe someone is freaking out at the chance to spend $8 for the base game on disc. I doubt it.

But I will still pass along good deals when I see them, regardless of Steam's sale history.

bread's done
Back