Borderlands: PS3 or 360?

lalagideon

CAGiversary!
Dear fellow CAGs,

I generally buy the leading platform for multi-platform games (i.e. Burnout Paradise for PS3, Brutal Legend for 360) and was wondering what to do with Borderlands. I know it comes down to what controller and blah blah, but do you know if any one platform is different as far as DLC? How about which one is lead platform? Anything that might tip me in one direction or the other besides the obvious pros and cons of each console would be great!

Thanks!

Gideon

It's still a little early to tell what the differences are for each platform, but since it's been said that Borderlands was developed by PC developers, the PC would be the lead platform. Generally, it seems PC to 360 games has been ported well, so that might be your best best if you had to make a choice between the 360 and PS3.

I really don't think it'll be any significant difference in performance or anything. No announcements about if one platform will get different content, so ATM probably no difference between platforms. Whatever online you like better or whatever controller you like better you probably won't go wrong with that choice.

Otherwise, no difference in DLC. All three platforms expect to receive the same DLC at the same date.

I believe that the PC/360 was the 'lead' platform for development of this game. In these cases, the 360 version is almost always better than PS3, even if the differences are very slight.

I thought the gap on system differences had been close enough not to matter for a while now? Either way I usually go PS3 for the scratch-free advantage of the BD (the next 15 or so games I acquire will be from trading on goozex rather than buying new) unless the multiplayer is the main draw and will opt for 360.

I would say go for whatever version your friends will have, i went with 360 cauase i only have like 10 friends on psn and only know 1 in rl, i have over 80 on live and know 20 in rl so ive already convinced 10 to puy borderlands, 4coop 4tw!

If you're interested in the co-op I'd go with the 360 version. That's the one I'm going with.

360 version. There aren't many PS3 owners with headsets. Co-op game without voice chat? GTFO

[quote name='Puffa469']I believe that the PC/360 was the 'lead' platform for development of this game. In these cases, the 360 version is almost always better than PS3, even if the differences are very slight.[/QUOTE]
This. (and co-op is better on the 360, IMO)

All you need is friends.
Which is why I'm getting it for PS3.

I'm definitely not going to play with strangers so headsets aren't a problem.

[quote name='Trakan']Aside from friends, is there ever a reason to buy PS3 over 360?[/QUOTE]

This.

If its a multiplatform game, I go 360

ONLY games I have for PS3 are exclusives (Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Valkrye Chronocles)

Asides from friends it's bonuses/exclusive content, then severe technical issues, then controller preference, then finally minor differences.

[quote name='Trakan']Aside from friends, is there ever a reason to buy PS3 over 360?[/QUOTE]

Yes: reliability and no paid subscription required. It's no fun having to constantly be paranoid about seeing the RRoD, especially when you're knee-deep in an engaging co-op session that you paid to be part of.

Otherwise, here's the best answer to the question at hand: get the version that your Friends will be playing.

I'm telling you man, start leveling up your stats and PS3 is the way to do it... Xbox is cool, but you're pretty much the same level as everybody else in the Xbox community, oh wait, you can't level up on the Xbox :(.

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm telling you man, start leveling up your stats and PS3 is the way to do it... Xbox is cool, but you're pretty much the same level as everybody else in the Xbox community, oh wait, you can't level up on the Xbox :(.[/QUOTE]

what?

He's just talking about trophies.
Ehhh, I like achievements just as much as trophies so they don't sway me, nor does the lack of them.

Well, I picked mine up:

2lnemo8.jpg

Ahhh, I got it. I don't really care about that stuff either.

I did get some trophies while playing Disgaea 3, but I don't know how to look at them (PS3 noob just got a slim). Do I need to go into Home to see them? I tried that once and wasn't terribly impressed.

[quote name='dallow']He's just talking about trophies.
Ehhh, I like achievements just as much as trophies so they don't sway me, nor does the lack of them.

[/QUOTE]

Nah, no Home needed. There's a Trophy icon/submenu on the XMB in the game section. You can check it while playing or just in the system menu. Congrats on the new Slim.

I was under the impression that most people preferred achievements over trophies at least all my friends that have both systems do anyway. I know three people who've already bought this for 360. None for PS3 though I do know one guy who's interested.

Yes. here's my reasons

I can split DLC costs with friends

Console won't break down because I looked at it mad.

It won't scratch my discs,

It doesn't make me look poor.

[quote name='Paco']Yes. here's my reasons

It doesn't make me look poor.[/QUOTE]
None of those are actual issues on the 360.
1. So can we
2. Newer ones don't, and we have free warranty
3. Extremely rare occurrence
4. That's if you buy it on pc :lol:

[quote name='Paco']Yes. here's my reasons

It doesn't make me look poor.[/QUOTE]

Careful, it might call you a fanboy.

Right now, there's a bug on the PS3 with the Friends list...it'll be taken care of, certainly, but at this very moment, the 360 version has the edge.

Unless you're playing solo, in which case go with the best deal you can find.

[quote name='Kylearan']Right now, there's a bug on the PS3 with the Friends list...it'll be taken care of, certainly, but at this very moment, the 360 version has the edge.

Unless you're playing solo, in which case go with the best deal you can find.[/QUOTE]

Actually, according to this Kotaku article, the issue was fixed:
Gearbox reps say they've fixed the issue, no client side patch needed: "We are very pleased to report that using PSN friends lists with the game should now work properly for all PS3 customers. The fix has been released invisibly and should work automatically for all PSN users on the PS3 platform. No special action is required by PS3 customers to apply the fix - just play the game and you'll find that everything works fine now. We thank you all for your patience and for making us aware of the issue!"

bread's done
Back