Borders: 50% off Blu Rays This Weekend (10/16 - 17)

So this brings them down to regular price everywhere else? I've been looking to pick up Cars and Ratatouille and Cars is listed at $40!

Yeah, Borders sells almost all of their DVDs and Blu-rays at MSRP, and on the off chance that you do find something on sale the coupon will still only take the 50% off the regular price, not the sale price. That's not to say that 50% off MSRP still isn't a good deal, but you're probably not gonna end up saving as much as you thought you would.

Also, you do need a coupon for this deal. You can print it out here, though sometimes the store will have coupons printed out and just scan it when they're ringing you up (it's best just to print out yourself to be on the safe side, though).

If I remember correctly, they have the bluray two-packs priced at $28.99. So paying $14.50 for two blurays isn't that bad.

Got Sin City and Dark City for 36.78 thats only really about a couple dollars better then Amazon couldn't find much else at the Galleria in Houston local.

[quote name='javeryh']So this brings them down to regular price everywhere else? I've been looking to pick up Cars and Ratatouille and Cars is listed at $40![/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yeah.

I plan on checking this sale out myself tonight, but I don't expect much. I was hoping for a deal on planet earth, but the list price is $106.99. Even after 50% off, I can still get a better deal over at Amazon for $42.99.

FAIL

[quote name='javeryh']So this brings them down to regular price everywhere else? [/QUOTE]

lol, pretty much probably.

I would wait it out on Cars if I where you... The new edition comes with a better soundtrack and I think some other features.

Per expected, they didn't have much to offer. Everything was full MSRP and even after the 50% off, there wasn't much that couldn't have been beaten by Amazon or elsewhere. I did pick up the Friday the 13th (2009) disc for $17 something before tax.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I would wait it out on Cars if I where you... The new edition comes with a better soundtrack and I think some other features.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Its just a repackaging of the existing Blu with a few toy cars bundled with it. That pretty much means buy the cheaper one that is out and pass on those overpriced pieces of crap.

[quote name='Vader582']I was hoping to finally snag Akira on :br: but it's out of stock locally. Half of $42.99 even beats Amazon's $28.99. :([/QUOTE]

I got this last time they had the 50% off sale and it was the first pressing one, awesome deal. This time I got pushing daisies season 2 and Casablanca for $25 and $14.50 respectively, not too bad!

Well, I checked the online inventory for Akira and supposedly, the Borders nearest to my house is supposed to have it, as their in-store inventory checked said that it's "likely in-store".

I did an online reserve of it, and hopefully, they'll actually have it.

Any other recommendations to pick up besides Akira that would be worthwhile with the coupon?

Akira was tagged at $49.99 when I was in the store yesterday...sticker shock stopped me from buying anything with the coupon.

I was hoping to get lucky and find a Battlestar Galatica complete set but I only found a season 4.5 at one store.

Seems like this coupon is only good for saving $5 or so off of newer releases with most coming out to $20 with the coupon.

Picked up

Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray Disc) for 67.50
Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection [Blu-ray] for 39.99
Monsters vs Aliens Blu-ray 19.99

bread's done
Back