Borders 50% off Blus(Limit: 2) is back!

[quote name='crazyivan19']Unfortunately, it's only for a selected list of titles that doesn't include the LotR. Still, it's a pretty good list. Thanks for the head's up![/QUOTE]

I was talking about in store, not online orders...

LotR List Price: $124.99
So 50% off in store makes it $62.50 or so. In most states tax wont put it over the $70 amazon has it for but if you have to use gas etc to go and get it, it prob works out the same.

I just tried to place an order for 2 BDs but I keep getting an error message after I click the final Place Your Order button. It says I input my credit card info incorrectly. My info is correct and valid. I tried ordering in Chrome, Firefox, and IE, cleared cookies, disabled antivirus, no dice. This is the same problem I had years ago with Borders.com, and I can't believe that it's STILL coming up now. No wonder they've lost so much business--people can't even complete orders!

After a lengthy talk with customer service, they got their tech guys to fix the website glitches. I was able to place two orders online, with my account and my brother's account. Kudos to Borders for fixing the problem.

I picked up Stardust for $6.50, Cast Away for $7, Ghost in the Shell 2.0 for $8.50, and Minority Report for $10. Tax is calculated off the discount prices, just FYI.

[quote name='dabamus']I was talking about in store, not online orders...[/QUOTE]

You still have a store in your area?

I was able to use the bluray coupon for LOTR Extended. The coupon works on any bluray instore only.
With the extra ten percent with BR Plus I ended up getting it for 54 dollars. Pretty good deal I think.

[quote name='Slappybob']You still have a store in your area?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I have two within reasonable driving distance.

Their prices are so ridiculous that the 50% off just brings prices down to near-amazon prices.

$38.99 for the A-Team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!

$31.99 for True Grit (2010) -- even with 50% off --- still more then I paid at Best Buy without any coupons. Insanity.

I think the only way this is really worthwhile is if you are a borders rewards plus member. At least then you snag an additional 10% off.

Lame, I just went to my local store, and they restricted the 50% off sale to the same titles as online, and they were out of stock on more than half of them!!

bread's done
Back