Borders all games 75% off

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I remember there was a 50% off thread for Borders a while back, well it looks like now they've bumped it up to 75%. I went to two different Borders and both were running the deal, so I don't think its YMMV.
But, bear in mind a lot of ancient games are still priced at $49.99 so these will ring up as $12.50, we're talking titles like Rainbow Six 3, Madden 2005 and so on, but there might be a few gems here and there. I also remember Killer 7, Ghost Recon 2, NCAA football 06, Tiger Woods 06, nothing mind-blowing.
Before anyone asks, there were no 360, PS3, Wii or DS titles, and the only PSP games were sports titles. A select few games were priced $19.99 so would be $5, including a GC TMNT game, and that Xbox Dai Senryaku thing that I will not attempt to spell correctly.

The only Borders I know of is a bookstore, is there a game store called Borders that I don't know of?

I apologize in advance if that is a horribly stupid question. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^^
Some Borders sell games. I have never seen one, either, but there are at least 5 threads (probably) that prove the point.

[quote name='dalaamprince']The only Borders I know of is a bookstore, is there a game store called Borders that I don't know of?
I apologize in advance if that is a horribly stupid question. ;)[/QUOTE]
Borders has a music/movies section as well. Some of these apparently sell video games, but none that I've ever seen.

I believe this is an old deal. From what I remember, Borders was getting out of the games business so they were clearancing their games at 75% off.

yeah this is kind of an old deal... but i was wondering, does anyone know where their unsold games went to? did they send them to goodwill like target does? ...when this deal was still active, one of the borders in my area had a whole mess of games still and they were all 75% and then the next time i went they were all completely gone

I doubt you would find any good games left, I know one in my area had games but its mostly the borders that get alot of customers in high urban areas that would sell games.

This sale was on last summer. I got a few games but like one guy said earlier, most games are still labled 49.99-59-99. Not CAG for most of us, even at 75%.

Can anyone else confirm if this is still active, or active again? I heard from the old post that it was dead about a week after I went, and that was a while ago.

[quote name='FlyMaggot']This sale was on last summer. I got a few games but like one guy said earlier, most games are still labled 49.99-59-99. Not CAG for most of us, even at 75%.

Can anyone else confirm if this is still active, or active again? I heard from the old post that it was dead about a week after I went, and that was a while ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its active, like I said I went to two different Borders and both had the sale on. Probably best to call first I guess, maybe it is YMMV

[quote name='eau']My local Borders doesn't sell games at all.[/QUOTE]
To the best of my knowledge, none of the Borders in the Metro Detroit area do sell or have sold games, and this is from personal experience at 10+ different locations. Heck, my college town (Ann Arbor, MI) is home to their flagship store, and I've never seen a game in sight there.

If you can find the sale, best of luck...but this is a very, VERY YMMV clearance. :)

My Borders has a video game department. I even have a $10 gift card from christmas. The probally thought I'd buy a book. BURN! lol just kidding.

bread's done
Back